**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

For the first time ever, a new progression title may involve shared resources…

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Thronebreaker required a 6r3, and t5cc couldn’t be used anywhere else at the time. Paragon required t6b and t3a for r4 champs that couldn’t be used elsewhere.

If a new progression title is coming before the introduction of r3 7-stars, someone might be left out, depending on whether they prioritize 6r5 or 7r2.

I’ve burned 18 t6 class catalysts and I’ve got a 6r5 in every class to show for it. I don’t have a r2 7-star. I’m on the cusp of two more rankups, and my only 7-stars in those two classes are Spider Gwen and War Machine, so it’s safe to say I’ll be sticking with 6-stars.

With that said, if a progression title is going to be determined by prioritizing one over the other, players deserve to know in advance so they can make the decision they think is best.

I hope we can get some confirmation that nothing is coming in the next 8-9 months, or that anything that’s implemented will count combined 6r5 and 7r2

Comments

• Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    If it were something like four or five R2 there would already be a massive amount of players with the title on launch day. Kabam wouldn't be able to benefit or monetize as much if that many people automatically become whatever the next title is. Do I think that's a bad thing? No, but I'm biased because I'd be one of them.

It will unfortunately be multiple R3, at least.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    What on earth is that click bait title supposed to mean?
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Don't worry.....It is not coming before R3 7*
    We will have 7* R3 most probably by the end of this year & the title will most definitely be linked to that only
    The only uncertainty is regarding the no. of R3 which will be required for the title
  • Options

I don't think we have to worry about a new title coming out any time soon. All the progressions come at the end of an Act (except UC halfway through and cav at chapter 1). Since 8.3 hasn't even launched yet and given the time it has taken to release new chapters, I wouldn't expect 8.4 until well into 2024 at the earliest. By then, rank up materials will probably be more prevalent than now.

It also doesn't feel practical to release a new progression, not when we don't have a paragon EQ, still use cav objective crystals, outdated solo crystals, etc. There are so many things already outdated and long given up on (masteries...) that I believe more players would want than a new progression title.

I need to take issue with most of this. We’re talking about peak progression titles, not the retroactively added stuff like “conqueror” and “proven.” Looking at uncollected, cavalier, Thronebreaker and paragon, the pattern is stronger toward “Kabam introduces them when needed” than “Kabam does them at the end of acts.”

6.4 released in March 2020. Thronebreaker launched in September, after split July 4 offers that offered a choice between lots of 5-star mats and fewer 6-star mats. Act 7.1 launched in December alongside a variant quest that included a then-enormous 25% t5cc.

Paragon came roughly 18 months after TB, and now we’re 18 months after paragon. 8.3 comes this fall, followed by 8.4 next spring. I don’t know that it’s a great situation for me or other players when I’m carrying 9 7-stars, 25 6r4 and 6 6r5, while they’re sitting on their 3 shiny new r4. We have different goals, interests and needs at this point. Maybe that’s fixed by expanding the use of stores for cyber weekend, etc. but that’s tough.

We get our version of paragon EQ in the form of the boss Gauntlet next month. Another Carina chapter would be nice. There’s a progression wall right now that I think is troubling - 6r5/7r2 are very hard to come by. Taking a champ up to r4 requires a ton of resources for someone who might be your 30th or 40th best champ. The excitement and utility of these rankups diminishes with each passing one.
  • Options
    A_Fungi said:

It would be amazing if we could get some insight into this

But I think it will be tied to a 7R3, not a certain quantity of 7R2, because too many players already have these

Kabam is going to want to monetize the next title, the best way to do that is to introduce the next needed catalyst for 7R3 and watch people open their wallets

I think you’re probably right about this but I just wish there was some confirmation (or at least the exclusion of an either/or situation for 6r5 and 7r2)
  • Options

It’s hard to read the first three sentences of a post. You’ll get there, though.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

It’s hard to read the first three sentences of a post. You’ll get there, though.
    What's a shared resource? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

What's a shared resource? That makes no sense.
    The OP is implying that the Resources are either used on 6*s or 7*s, so people should know the requirements in advance.
    I doubt that's going to happen.