**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shuri?? Very niche ?

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
Doesn't work against Bishop, ok fine, nevermind.

Doesn't work against Havok either because apparently her armor up passives aren't good enough.

Can we please have her work properly against mutants?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Shuri is pretty much as far from niche as a champ can get.

Hard hitting basics or DOT - you can decide how you want to take someone down, you can choose if you want to crit or not, damage over time that can be passives or debuffs. Can’t have AA affected, so immune to domino BS, and neutralise or mantis tranquillise doesn’t effect her, massively tanky, fairly on demand miss you can use to your benefit, non contact hits, block unblockable specials, perfect block against special attacks, does energy damage on basics, immune to her own dex buff so she can take mystics pretty well ignoring Md, immune to shock, special attacks can’t be evaded

She has damage suitable for BGs, War, questing and abyss - not many boast that flexibility.

I’ll take all of that if it means she maybe can’t handle Havok and bishop - both of whom can be countered by a lot of tech champs.

As for mutants she works pretty well against, domino is one due to AAR immunity and her specials not being able to be evaded. Works pretty well for kitty since you can avoid critting and she’s tanky enough to bait heavies if she does get enough prowess. Sinister, Shuri is immune to shock, doesn’t need to crit to do damage, and sinister can’t transfer passive effects. She’s immune to the AAR of the magnetos, and red isn’t resistant to shock passives. Tanky enough to handle Apoc’s specials without much damage. And with despair she can handle a lot of the annoying mutant regen.

I think Shuri is the best overall champion in the 7* pool, she can be used for every single part of the game well.

She was my second 7sr2. Great champ. Regularly gets banned in BGs, sadly.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★

Doesn't work against Havok either because apparently her armor up passives aren't good enough.

Unpopular opinion, but I do believe that Shuri is quite a niche champ. She's great countering champs in her specific niche category, but outside of that she's average at best. Maybe it's just me, but I still can't properly use her.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★

Unpopular opinion, but I do believe that Shuri is quite a niche champ. She's great countering champs in her specific niche category, but outside of that she's average at best. Maybe it's just me, but I still can't properly use her.
    Everyone has champs that just aren’t for them, Shuri may not be for you but I just made her my first R2 and in my opinion she’s one of the most versatile champs in the game. There’s very champs she can’t take and there are so many ways to play her. Even in shock immune match ups, she crits so hard she can still be a good option.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Initially I was a bit disappointed with her, but her post release tune-up was just what the doctor ordered.

Everything @BitterSteel said is spot on.

Pairing her with Attuma is a lot of fun in routine questing. She absolutely melts opponents.
  • Options
    Jaffa_Jaffa_ Posts: 33

It’s not unpopular, it’s just straight up wrong. I’ve taken korgs in bg’s with shuri a come out the win with near full health, even in this protection meta. Korgs shock immune but her guaranteed crits do some really good damage
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 503 ★★★
    Quite honestly, you need to give Shuri some time because she is quite versatile but a tad boring to play because her strength is controlling the match and she doesnt do any big yellow numbers that look flashy.

I test every new champ as a 4* and hated her initially. Didnt even test her post buff but got a 6* suddenly and took her for a test on AQ. Her survivability is great and she shot up to r3 and soon r4 unawakened.

If she isnt for you then that is fine but the future of the game is not flashy champs but control champs.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    That's why i took Cap Sam. He works against 95% of the mutants notably bishop, havok, sauron, domino. Shocks and No armour ups are a no no for me for any tech attacker no matter how good they are elsewhere.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    So she's a tech attacker that can take Domino, Sauron, Apoc, Kitty, Mr. Sinister and Weapon X. As well as taking Rintrah, Warlock, Ibom, Attuma and Korg. But she doesn't have an armor up so she's a no no? I mean you do you but this is why I don't understand people.