Options

Breach of Kabam Policy

nishant_asharnishant_ashar Posts: 18
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Has kabam stopped responding to hack/cheat report's? I have reported two people in the past 3 days and didnt receive any response from kabam.

Also, I think there should be a immediate solution when we catch a hacker/cheater during the war...what are your views?

Comments

• Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    so they don't care they have hackers ruining the game and their servers? You do realize they have lots of people reporting hackers and stuff they have a lot to go through but 3 days? That's kinda weird and i'd be highly concerned about that. I despise hackers they ruin gaming platforms and destroy profiles and alliances. All hackers are scum and i hope that those sort of people get whats coming to them. Kabam has a policy against hackers and it should be handled immediately. All hackers should be banned for their kind of conduct. Hacking is illegal and you're kinda breaking the law if they have those policies in place. I don't and will not tolerate hacking they ruin the game.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    That is the truth. They are thieves with no real interest is the game they are interested in making sure others don't get the prizes in here. It is a game in itself to them, "catch me if you can!" And while their bots are running they come in here and brag and troll! "A holy grail? We already got one!" And cause discord using multiple forum login screen names! Ban em for good! And for the good of the game!
  • Options
    JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Not only is it the weekend, but it is a holiday weekend in America. Just because you haven't gotten a response doesn't mean they won't do anything.
  • Options
    Someone was in and said they had reported someone 3 weeks earlier and nothing had been done yet. See they have a delima! Do you ban a spending cheat? If a whale runs a bot is he gonna get kabanned?
  • Options
    At some point though it comes down to money or integrity...fair? Money? HMMMMM...does anyone in politics or corporations have any of that anymore? INTEGRITY?
  • Options
    But I do have this suggestion bro! Keep track of em! And every three or four days report em again. And when enough time goes by and nothing is done warn their alliance.
  • Options
    Maybe if they can't find a home they will go away!
  • Options
    And include all of their kabam accounts when banning. There are some of you (and I know who you are...) not content to just troll in here...they have multiple profiles in the game...they are multi headed trolls! Cut all off!
  • Options
    All true... its just disheartening to see fair people putting in all the efforts, playing with passion and at the end getting screwed by someone who uses hack. And I know its a holiday, but they didnt respond to my report 3 days back as well. Earlier whenever i have reported a modder, they send a email confirmation, followed up by a report. But lately, they have stopped responding when we report a hacker.
  • Options
    One solution can be if a modder is reported, they can put the result of tht war as a draw, untill they investigate. Its not rocket science to know if someone cheats. Just a view, please do not take it personally..
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 610 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    They only care if the hacking/cheating affects them, not if it affects you. Example; players discover an exploit or a hack that gets them through LOL, which threatens kabam's revenue. Result: instant fix and ban.
    If someone does the same thing and it only affects war or arena, they'll "look into it".
  • Options
    Verdade, tive minha conta invadida por um hacker por vários dias, e agora tentei acessar novamente e recebi mensagem dizendo que minha conta foi banida permanentemente.
    Como faço pra voltar a jogar?
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    They don't discuss their progress on investigating hacks or cheats. Don't expect a response from them. They do have to go through different checks before they can ban an account.
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Someone was in and said they had reported someone 3 weeks earlier and nothing had been done yet. See they have a delima! Do you ban a spending cheat? If a whale runs a bot is he gonna get kabanned?

Not every "hacker" reported is actually a hacker though.

Half the time it's some noob who's getting their aw boss stomped on for the first time and not knowing it's legit fighting. Some if the reports I see are easily doable without having but these people just insist its a hacker.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

Half the time it's some noob who's getting their aw boss stomped on for the first time and not knowing it's legit fighting. Some if the reports I see are easily doable without having but these people just insist its a hacker.

Agree. Our alliance has been accused of cheating or hacking in war a few times. It was actually quite comical.
  • Options
    bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    Hi Everyone,

Has kabam stopped responding to hack/cheat report's? I have reported two people in the past 3 days and didnt receive any response from kabam.

Also, I think there should be a immediate solution when we catch a hacker/cheater during the war...what are your views?

What exactly happened that caused you to suspect someone cheating?
  • Options
    Anonymous wrote: »

Agree. Our alliance has been accused of cheating or hacking in war a few times. It was actually quite comical.

Your comment is exactly why I asked what happens. I happen to be in a top 20 as alliance and we have faced a few mismatches where we take down teams 100% within 8 hours and I can assure no "hacking" or cheating is going on. More than half of our alliance can solo maestro in lol (I can't, lol). Yes that's right in one try they can kill arguably the hardest boss to kill in 1 try in the whole game. So just cause they got smoked they think there is cheating. I want to know what happened. Often times as you said it's so done who just got beat and since they can't solo a whole map in half the time without using a single item they assume others can't, and that simply isn't the case
  • Options
    One solution can be if a modder is reported, they can put the result of tht war as a draw, untill they investigate. Its not rocket science to know if someone cheats. Just a view, please do not take it personally..[/quote

There's no way to know if another team is cheating in alliance war, just cause they smoke your team doesn't make them cheaters. There people that can take down a 300k champion in a minute with the right champions or avoid any damage from magik s or dormamus degen and limbo effects. Also half my alliance can solo lol bosses in 1 fight, even maestro and he's got 3.6 million health or something like that. Just fyi, what you think may be hacking could very possibly good gaming
  • Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    edited November 2017
    One solution can be if a modder is reported, they can put the result of tht war as a draw, untill they investigate. Its not rocket science to know if someone cheats. Just a view, please do not take it personally..[/quote

There's no way to know if another team is cheating in alliance war, just cause they smoke your team doesn't make them cheaters. There people that can take down a 300k champion in a minute with the right champions or avoid any damage from magik s or dormamus degen and limbo effects. Also half my alliance can solo lol bosses in 1 fight, even maestro and he's got 3.6 million health or something like that. Just fyi, what you think may be hacking could very possibly good gaming

this isn't just about wars though it's very easy to tell who hacks and who doesn't just by their profile. And few allies do cheat just look at the profiles and it should be easy to tell. Go on youtube and search how to spot hackers in mcoc and it should be helpful to you. But if they don't look like hackers then they are good at the game and know how to play. If you think good playing is cheating then you don't understand how to play. Now i know most allies don't hack but some actually do and is easy to pinpoint with their profiles.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    You won't get an answer but if you provide them with actual evidence it would help their investigation a lot and once it's conclued the cheater will be taken care of. It takes some time but, images are a big help in their investigation and they will only respond if you give them more information or another suspected cheater but even than you won't know what happened

Sometimes as others said people just abuse the system and file false reports because of something stupid like you beating their champ in war or defeating their alliance in war lol. It happens a lot to a friend's alliance and it does not help that he's so small because he's a seller.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    They don't follow up with Reports. All we can do is send them and allow them to do their job. There is a process of investigation. They don't immediately ban every Report. Otherwise anyone could ban anyone. Best just to send it and let it go. They don't discuss actions on Accounts.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
    Funny. they tell you to report it and not to post in forums, but they don't respond to it if you do report it.

I personally think they should check the leader boards for the bounty missions as it doesn't make sense that some score the way they do. I think many are running a ring of players playing around the clock.
  • Options
    Someone asked how did i come to know if there eas a mod play, fair question.. I have been playing this game for quite sometime now, and also did research on hacks before reporting anyone. In the last two cases, the first war we saw a guy playing with 3 star basic champs rating(not upgraded) taking down our mini boss(10k plus rated) in around 20 seconds..n without a scratch..he had also completed gold blum challenge with tht account...his account didnt have more than 2 4 star champs..
    In the second war, again we got a similar player, who ran down 2 of our nc's like a piece of ****..without a scratch and within seconds...not even a minute..he was goldblum too...
    Hope that gives you an idea.. let me know if i am wrong in reporting such players..
  • Options
    And we come across so many proud mod users in global chat...there is even an entire alliance of mod users...but I have stopped reporting bse it isnt helping much..i cannot name any here..but i am sure anyone with knowledge would spot them easily on global chat...atleast in asian servers...
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Hi Everyone,

For the record, yes they responded to me when I reported one on Monday.
  • Options
    Verdade, tive minha conta invadida por um hacker por vários dias, e agora tentei acessar novamente e recebi mensagem dizendo que minha conta foi banida permanentemente.

I cannot understand this language..:)
  • Options

I cannot understand this language..:)

Ok i googled it. You can try emailing them about it. But i doubt they would reverse the permanent ban.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

Whales/spenders don't run mods or cheat...if they are unable to do and achieve what they want to own their own then they pay people to do content for them.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    And as for the original post, I think you can look at it a few ways:
    1) Kabam truly runs a thorough investigation (it is something the mods claim anytime the "Please un-ban me" threads are started)
    2) Kabam gave quite a few of its employees time off for the holiday last week and they are running behind to not respond
    3) Kabam runs ban waves and maybe they just have not run one recently to catch any reported cheaters.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
    So it sounds like they aren’t doing anything about Modders. I think they do it in waves when they have time. Not a good system and hurts real players going for prizes. I also see bots but I know they don’t do anything about them. So sad