If this is the new way of buffing older champs I love it!

OmniformOmniform Member Posts: 60
I was totally not expecting that reveal with Iron-man’s buff and Gladiator together! If this is the plan for the foreseeable future till all the older champs are updated then I’m all for it! Honestly blew me away on how different and awesome Iron-man is looking. What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    But what of Superior (inferior) ironman
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Perhaps they could do this when a summoner choice character is being released. In this instance gladiator is being released and I feel like they wanted to keep the attention on him whilst still "releasing" a champion to accompany him like they always do. So instead of releasing two champs when one is a summoner choice, they could instead rework an old champ, therefore the attention is still on the summoner choice and Kabam can still give us two fresh characters. If the next summoner choice winner is Bullseye, for example, then they could rework OG daredevil to go along with him, instead of making Stick.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    kevhugo said:

Perhaps they could do this when a summoner choice character is being released. In this instance gladiator is being released and I feel like they wanted to keep the attention on him whilst still "releasing" a champion to accompany him like they always do. So instead of releasing two champs when one is a summoner choice, they could instead rework an old champ, therefore the attention is still on the summoner choice and Kabam can still give us two fresh characters. If the next summoner choice winner is Bullseye, for example, then they could rework OG daredevil to go along with him, instead of making Stick.

I agree, but I really hope this is not a once a year treat
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Lpoo said:

kevhugo said:

I agree, but I really hope this is not a once a year treat
    Yeah that would be shame. But in a monetary standpoint, I don't think Kabam could do a rework while releasing a non summoner choice champ. The hype of a summoner choice could probably cover the price of paragon crystals and pre release bundles, probably more money than a normal champ could bring in. And considering they would have to do it by themselves as the second champ (rework champ) the majority of players already have. But this is an educated guess as I have no stats to back this up lol.
  • Norman_OroNorman_Oro Member Posts: 33
    I really like the rework of OG Iron Man. He's now my favorite champ to use. However, Kabam of course has to make money to keep Marvel Contest of Champions going. And assuming maybe a 20-80 split (20% of accounts generate 80% of revenues) or maybe even a 5-95 split, they probably need to focus on generating excitement about new champs (like Gladiator) that require spending money to reliably get. They'll see at least some uptick from revamping OG champs as players who haven't already ranked them up do so. Also, revamped champs may bring back players who've set the Contest aside. However, this probably pales in comparison to how much Kabam makes from releasing well designed new champions that excite the community.