BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You and I both know we aren’t talking about only people “good enough to make it” making it to GC. For quite a few people, that’s the issue.

Dr. Zola
    I'm not following you. Just because someone chooses to power through something doesn't mean that the content is for them.
    Accounts with 55 total champs have zero business being anywhere near GC this season. The suggestion it’s all about skill and competition is flawed if players are chaperoned through the VT.

Dr. Zola
    What are you talking about? Modders?
    I have no idea about that and I wouldn’t make that allegation without clear evidence. But if you look at the screenshots captured in the thread I referenced, you’ll see several accounts that are very small in Uru. I didn’t look very hard, and I only looked at perhaps 3-4 dozen GC accounts in all.

The fact that accounts of that size have made it through VT undercuts arguments that it’s all about skill. It isn’t, matchmaking is still very flawed, and the seeding process will only serve to amplify those flaws going forward.

Dr. Zola
    Nah brother, accounts you pointed out are all modders. You may not want to make allegations, but Im not afraid calling out foul play. They are all without a single doubt modders. I won't hesitate calling cheaters out in any thread, even in those daily 'this guy is modding' threads.
    Modders ruins all games/modes, not a new discovery.

-going to refrain myself commenting on current VT setup, which is a base for next season's seeding.
    There are realistically (in my opinion) only a couple of ways accounts that size progress as far as those have, and one of them may be modding.

If that’s the case, then it should be appalling to be able to locate so many in such a cursory search (approx. 1/5–although there are also plenty of smallish Cav/TB accounts in GC that I believe would struggle against nearly every player I’ve faced the past few seasons).

While it may not technically impact a player directly, where it does seem to pose a problem is in the way it seems to affect the final rankings. If, as it appears, players are not reranked after any bans that occur, then cheating potentially disadvantages every player below the highest cheater who is caught. The team hasn’t commented specifically on this to my knowledge, but past screenshots of rankings would suggest that cheaters who are caught retain their ranking but lose the prizes.

In my opinion, that should change promptly if that is how it works.

Dr. Zola

I cannot comment on that topic. It has been ignored since the introduction of BGs.

I'll go ahead and tag @Kabam Jax.
    Hi Jax, Not looking for a reply on this issue. Rather want you and the game team know that this is not fair to honest/loyal players. When the modders are banned, they NEED to be removed from the final leaderboards too. The cheaters takes away many rank spots. Hope the team will look into resolving this.

For example when the war seasons ends. The docking pushes many allince a tier higher. It is indeed a positive feeling towards the rewards earned. But the same is not implemented in BG leaderboards yet.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

lol, just because you're going to quip because you're not good enough doesn't mean everyone else will. That's such a losers mentality.

BGs will force players to either get better or quit. IMO, the more players with a loser's mentality to quit the better.

The disrespect is real.
    People aren't going to play it if it's an absolute slog for everyone who isn't among those you deem as better.
    The effort needs to be worth the stress. You can make digs at me because I said I'm not trying. I really don't care.
    I played all Season. I wasn't bashing my head against a wall for 10 Tiers because it's overboard. The expectation for Players to have a perfect streak 10 Tiers in a row is ridiculous. Just to get to where the actual Ranking starts.
    You can call them losers all you want, but that attitude will result in a competition no one under the Top Players wants to play, and an absolute miserable experience for the ones who remain to scramble in. Good luck with that.
    It's not a slog for everyone. Just those who don't have the roster or skills to compete.
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★

lol, just because you're going to quip because you're not good enough doesn't mean everyone else will. That's such a losers mentality.

BGs will force players to either get better or quit. IMO, the more players with a loser's mentality to quit the better.

The disrespect is real.
    People aren't going to play it if it's an absolute slog for everyone who isn't among those you deem as better.
    The effort needs to be worth the stress. You can make digs at me because I said I'm not trying. I really don't care.
    I played all Season. I wasn't bashing my head against a wall for 10 Tiers because it's overboard. The expectation for Players to have a perfect streak 10 Tiers in a row is ridiculous. Just to get to where the actual Ranking starts.
    You can call them losers all you want, but that attitude will result in a competition no one under the Top Players wants to play, and an absolute miserable experience for the ones who remain to scramble in. Good luck with that.
    It's not a slog for everyone. Just those who don't have the roster or skills to compete.
    I 100% agree, it's not a slog. I have a decent roster and a mid-skill level. If I can make it to GC then anyone with a decent roster or a semi-decent roster and a higher skill level easily could make it to GC. And no I did not have to grind excessively. From V3 to V1 I lost only 2 matches.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    I still don't understand the argument on extra tiers making BGs hard to play. Everyone has to play for the same string of wins, matching against players picked from this weird matchmaking system.
    Its grindy; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.
  • WerriessWerriess Member Posts: 24

The disrespect is real.
    It is most definitely a slog for me. Every past season I was able to reach gc but now I am stuck in vibranium 2, I have 2 R5 6* , 8 7* champs and 14 R4 6* but every single match I face are much bigger than me, and I have to wonder why those whaled out accounts is stil in vt?? And I am sure there are plenty like me that are unable to progress to gc. The added tiers and 1 medal win is overkill
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

I still don't understand the argument on extra tiers making BGs hard to play. Everyone has to play for the same string of wins, matching against players picked from this weird matchmaking system.

Honest question. Are you trying to understand it and don’t see the struggle or just saying you don’t understand it because it’s not your experience and it doesn’t make sense why others feel that way?
    edited September 2023
    Matty_Ice said:

Honest question. Are you trying to understand it and don’t see the struggle or just saying you don’t understand it because it’s not your experience and it doesn’t make sense why others feel that way?
    I am saying i don't understand it cause it hasn't increased the level of difficulty, it has made it grindy and tedious; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.
    The excuse I read the most so far is "monstet accounts" that's a result of 4th of july sales, not the changes to BGs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Yes it has. It's not just extra Tiers. It's 10 Tiers, starting from G1/P3, requiring one Token per Win. The last 3 alone requiring 5.
    Which means if you're not among the few that have a perfect streak, or you spend out the ass for Shields, you're stuck in the "win a couple, lose one, win one more, lose 2 more, win 3, lose 2, win one, lose one, etc...." cycle.
    For weeks.

Matty_Ice said:

I am saying i don't understand it cause it hasn't increased the level of difficulty, it has made it grindy and tedious; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.
    The excuse I read the most so far is "monstet accounts" that's a result of 4th of july sales, not the changes to BGs.
    There is a difficulty increase that comes from the grindy and tediousness. Most of it is because the extra vibranium tiers have created a bit of a bottle neck for people who win 50%-60% of their matches. More win 1 lose 1 patterns which cause way more matches to get in.

If you make it to GC in 50 matches and I make it in 95, it would be accurate to say I had a more difficult time getting to GC.
    edited September 2023

Yes it has. It's not just extra Tiers. It's 10 Tiers, starting from G1/P3, requiring one Token per Win. The last 3 alone requiring 5.

No it hasn't

No it hasn't

What part of what I said was unclear?
  • JimajohnJimajohn Member Posts: 103
    Laceros said:

Every tier in the GC after Diamond seems to follow the same pattern:

Win 4 matches, then on the fifth lose, then possibly lose again, then go back up again to 4 tokens, then lose again.

How is that exactly 100% of the time on the 5th token of vibranium we are put up against a ultra whale? This was not the case last season.

This pattern was what I dealt with all of diamond and vibranium and honestly dumps on the game mode.

Not to mention the countless input issues..

I agree. I'd much rather gain +2 per win, -1 per lose and need 10 to move up

No it hasn't

The coin win/loss is not 1-1 every tier...
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

There is a difficulty increase that comes from the grindy and tediousness. Most of it is because the extra vibranium tiers have created a bit of a bottle neck for people who win 50%-60% of their matches. More win 1 lose 1 patterns which cause way more matches to get in.

If you make it to GC in 50 matches and I make it in 95, it would be accurate to say I had a more difficult time getting to GC.
    You say this as if not everyone has to win the same ammount to move foward. Everyone has to string the same ammount of wins, now the rest is skill/roster and a lot of drafting luck.
    It more grindy not more difficult, and as I said before its a change previous to seeding, they don't want players in GC to get there again after just a few matches, that's why the added a few tiers in Vibranium. Do you understand that people in GC right now will start in Plat1 next season?

No it hasn't

I said there are 10 Tiers in the VT (the last 10) which require one Token per Win. The last 3 of which require 5 consecutive Wins.

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

You say this as if not everyone has to win the same ammount to move foward. Everyone has to string the same ammount of wins, now the rest is skill/roster and a lot of drafting luck.
    It more grindy not more difficult, and as I said before its a change previous to seeding, they don't want players in GC to get there again after just a few matches, that's why the added a few tiers in Vibranium. Do you understand that people in GC right now will start in Plat1 next season?
    I understand that very well. And I understand that they made changes to not have it like last season where so many got in to help seeding. But in my opinion they over did it.

Grinding adds difficulty. Maybe that’s just my opinion, and fine if it is.

No it hasn't

I said there are 10 Tiers in the VT (the last 10) which require one Token per Win. The last 3 of which require 5 consecutive Wins.
    And the last 3 tiers are stopping people from getting out of Gold or Platinum how?
    edited September 2023
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I understand that very well. And I understand that they made changes to not have it like last season where so many got in to help seeding. But in my opinion they over did it.

The difficulty has been increased and its not because of the structure.
    -4th of July sales made huge roster bumps I personally went from being top 3 roster to around 15th myself in my alliance
    -Burnout from the previous season also made the casual players a lot less which made matchmaking different.
    edited September 2023
    If you're going to be intentionally obtuse, then I'm not going to continue discussing it with you.
    The current setup is an overshot expectation, and it's not reasonable.
    edited September 2023

If you're going to be intentionally obtuse, then I'm not going to continue discussing it with you.

Obtuse is going into a competition against people who put a lot more time and effort and expecting a system where people who put less work to have a succesful outcome.
    Hey I eat cheesburgers 4 times a week but I want to get rewarded in the marathon after running 1 mile.
    edited September 2023
    People aren't going to continue playing in circles month after month with no progress.

Obtuse is going into a competition against people who put a lot more time and effort and expecting a system where people who put less work to have a succesful outcome.
    Hey I eat cheesburgers 4 times a week but I want to get rewarded in the marathon after running 1 mile.
    No. Obtuse is categorizing everyone else in the competition as inferior and expectant just because you believe bigger Accounts are entitled to trap them in a vacuum.

People aren't going to continue playing in circles month after month with no progress.

Competitive players will.
    Its kinda like arenas, you either go for milestones, battlechips and units or you go all out for a champ.
    You can't complain saying "Heyyyy the other guy has more 6* and 7* which means more points, I can't grind that much!!"
    How long do you think people are going to stay "competitive " when they find out the design only allows the top-most Players to progress past a certain point in the VT, and everyone else is quarantined to up to Plat?
    People aren't stupid.

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

The difficulty has been increased and its not because of the structure.
    -4th of July sales made huge roster bumps I personally went from being top 3 roster to around 15th myself in my alliance
    -Burnout from the previous season also made the casual players a lot less which made matchmaking different.
    It’s just more grindy, not an increase in difficulty…. ;P

No. Obtuse is categorizing everyone else in the competition as inferior and expectant just because you believe bigger Accounts are entitled to trap them in a vacuum.
    Funny how you can use "YOU bigget account" but when i say smaller accounts I am talking down on others. I worked hard for 7 years on my account.
    We are not trapping them, we don't fix matchmaking, if anything Kabam is trapping them and telling them that they are not fit to advance.
    I told you several times I don't make or enforce the rules I just agree with them.
This discussion has been closed.