BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I still don't understand the argument on extra tiers making BGs hard to play. Everyone has to play for the same string of wins, matching against players picked from this weird matchmaking system.
    Its grindy; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.

Honest question. Are you trying to understand it and don’t see the struggle or just saying you don’t understand it because it’s not your experience and it doesn’t make sense why others feel that way?
    I am saying i don't understand it cause it hasn't increased the level of difficulty, it has made it grindy and tedious; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.
    The excuse I read the most so far is "monstet accounts" that's a result of 4th of july sales, not the changes to BGs.
    There is a difficulty increase that comes from the grindy and tediousness. Most of it is because the extra vibranium tiers have created a bit of a bottle neck for people who win 50%-60% of their matches. More win 1 lose 1 patterns which cause way more matches to get in.

If you make it to GC in 50 matches and I make it in 95, it would be accurate to say I had a more difficult time getting to GC.
    You say this as if not everyone has to win the same ammount to move foward. Everyone has to string the same ammount of wins, now the rest is skill/roster and a lot of drafting luck.
    It more grindy not more difficult, and as I said before its a change previous to seeding, they don't want players in GC to get there again after just a few matches, that's why the added a few tiers in Vibranium. Do you understand that people in GC right now will start in Plat1 next season?
    I understand that very well. And I understand that they made changes to not have it like last season where so many got in to help seeding. But in my opinion they over did it.

Grinding adds difficulty. Maybe that’s just my opinion, and fine if it is.
    The difficulty has been increased and its not because of the structure.
    -4th of July sales made huge roster bumps I personally went from being top 3 roster to around 15th myself in my alliance
    -Burnout from the previous season also made the casual players a lot less which made matchmaking different.
    It’s just more grindy, not an increase in difficulty…. ;P
    That's not true. With the difference in Win/Loss Tokens, it's also more difficult.

If you're going to be intentionally obtuse, then I'm not going to continue discussing it with you.
    The current setup is an overshot expectation, and it's not reasonable.

Obtuse is going into a competition against people who put a lot more time and effort and expecting a system where people who put less work to have a succesful outcome.
    Hey I eat cheesburgers 4 times a week but I want to get rewarded in the marathon after running 1 mile.
    No. Obtuse is categorizing everyone else in the competition as inferior and expectant just because you believe bigger Accounts are entitled to trap them in a vacuum.
    Funny how you can use "YOU bigget account" but when i say smaller accounts I am talking down on others. I worked hard for 7 years on my account.
    We are not trapping them, we don't fix matchmaking, if anything Kabam is trapping them and telling them that they are not fit to advance.
    I told you several times I don't make or enforce the rules I just agree with them.
    Sure. I'm also pointing out the flaw with the design. What I'm disagreeing with is the arrogant way you're brushing off the views people are sharing just because you have no problem with it.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I still don't understand the argument on extra tiers making BGs hard to play. Everyone has to play for the same string of wins, matching against players picked from this weird matchmaking system.

Honest question. Are you trying to understand it and don’t see the struggle or just saying you don’t understand it because it’s not your experience and it doesn’t make sense why others feel that way?
    I am saying i don't understand it cause it hasn't increased the level of difficulty, it has made it grindy and tedious; but the level of difficulty hasn't increased.
    The excuse I read the most so far is "monstet accounts" that's a result of 4th of july sales, not the changes to BGs.
    There is a difficulty increase that comes from the grindy and tediousness. Most of it is because the extra vibranium tiers have created a bit of a bottle neck for people who win 50%-60% of their matches. More win 1 lose 1 patterns which cause way more matches to get in.

If you make it to GC in 50 matches and I make it in 95, it would be accurate to say I had a more difficult time getting to GC.
    You say this as if not everyone has to win the same ammount to move foward. Everyone has to string the same ammount of wins, now the rest is skill/roster and a lot of drafting luck.
    It more grindy not more difficult, and as I said before its a change previous to seeding, they don't want players in GC to get there again after just a few matches, that's why the added a few tiers in Vibranium. Do you understand that people in GC right now will start in Plat1 next season?
    It is more difficult for one reason, the people that are going to be in GC no matter what, aren't that worried about losing since that is unnusual, since they will have better roster or an insane skill, so it doesnt matter to them if they have to go through 10 tokens or 20, they will reach without difficulty, but for the rest of the people that doesnt have that big of a roster, where they win 1, then lose 1 , then win 2, then lose 1, then lose 1, then win 1, etc etc, they wont be able to reach GC, so it is more difficult since it is more grindy.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★

How long do you think people are going to stay "competitive " when they find out the design only allows the top-most Players to progress past a certain point in the VT, and everyone else is quarantined to up to Plat?

Its been 10 seasons, they didn't find out by now?
    Isn't every mode in the game like that?
    Why would a Solo PVP game mode be any different? Why would the MOST competitive mode in the game where you don't even have your buddy or your alliances to help you out be any different at all?
    Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

It is more difficult for one reason, the people that are going to be in GC no matter what, aren't that worried about losing since that is unnusual, since they will have better roster or an insane skill, so it doesnt matter to them if they have to go through 10 tokens or 20, they will reach without difficulty, but for the rest of the people that doesnt have that big of a roster, where they win 1, then lose 1 , then win 2, then lose 1, then lose 1, then win 1, etc etc, they wont be able to reach GC, so it is more difficult since it is more grindy.
    Every match has 1 winner 1 loser and matchmaking fix them to face each other, what do you mean they don't worry about losing?
    You think people in GC have been stomping UC/Cav/TB to get to GC? They fight each other from Bronze to Plat3 and then from Diamond to GC

How long do you think people are going to stay "competitive " when they find out the design only allows the top-most Players to progress past a certain point in the VT, and everyone else is quarantined to up to Plat?

Why would a Solo PVP game mode be any different? Why would the MOST competitive mode in the game where you don't even have your buddy or your alliances to help you out be any different at all?
    It is different. We're not talking about the "best" standings. We're not talking about Masters in War. We're talking about stifling any progress at all, all the way up to the GC and after.
    It's overshot.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

If you're going to be intentionally obtuse, then I'm not going to continue discussing it with you.

Obtuse is going into a competition against people who put a lot more time and effort and expecting a system where people who put less work to have a succesful outcome.
    Hey I eat cheesburgers 4 times a week but I want to get rewarded in the marathon after running 1 mile.
    No. Obtuse is categorizing everyone else in the competition as inferior and expectant just because you believe bigger Accounts are entitled to trap them in a vacuum.
    Funny how you can use "YOU bigget account" but when i say smaller accounts I am talking down on others. I worked hard for 7 years on my account.
    We are not trapping them, we don't fix matchmaking, if anything Kabam is trapping them and telling them that they are not fit to advance.
    I told you several times I don't make or enforce the rules I just agree with them.
    Sure. I'm also pointing out the flaw with the design. What I'm disagreeing with is the arrogant way you're brushing off the views people are sharing just because you have no problem with it.
    What flaw? The point of BGs is to find the best players. That's exactly what's happening.

What flaw? The point of BGs is to find the best players. That's exactly what's happening.
    In the final rankings, sure. No question. To claim the entire competitive mode should belong to the best only, is just not true.

It is different. We're not talking about the "best" standings. We're not talking about Masters in War. We're talking about stifling any progress at all, all the way up to the GC and after.
    It's overshot.
    Make up your mind are you talking about you personally or the whole?
    Cause I know new Paragons and long time TBs who made it to GC before me, so who is getting stiffed? Yourself have answered to a Cav player complaining about matchmaking in Vibranium telling him "Well you have to match bigger rosters at some point"
    So there are about 7k players in GC, that's your 5 or 10% of top players, i don't see 70k players complaining in here.
    So who is exactly getting stiffed?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian

@Ironman3000 to be fair, you've been complaining non stop for the last few seasons.
    When did you reach GC this season? that experience may have colored your opinion.

I've been complaining that in past seasons BGs didn't accurately slot players in the correct place due to the matchmaking. It was too easy for lower players and too hard for higher players. This season is the closest we've had to a real competition, where the better players actually rank higher than the lower players.

I personally went on a ~20 match win streak at the start of week 3 to make it to the GC.
    Therein is the bias. i run 2 accounts, and week 3 was far easier (because my main climbed at that time), to week4, now. It is much tougher currently.

In the final rankings, sure. No question. To claim the entire competitive mode should belong to the best only, is just not true.
    How, exactly, does allowing basically anyone who participates to reach Plat 2 show that only the best can play?

@Ironman3000 to be fair, you've been complaining non stop for the last few seasons.
    When did you reach GC this season? that experience may have colored your opinion.

I've been complaining that in past seasons BGs didn't accurately slot players in the correct place due to the matchmaking. It was too easy for lower players and too hard for higher players. This season is the closest we've had to a real competition, where the better players actually rank higher than the lower players.

I personally went on a ~20 match win streak at the start of week 3 to make it to the GC.
    Therein is the bias. i run 2 accounts, and week 3 was far easier (because my main climbed at that time), to week4, now. It is much tougher currently.
    Was I the only one allowed to play BGs in week 3?

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You don't get to decide that, you're not Kabam. There are 21 tiers and 12k spots, that says a lot about what kind of players should be in GC, stop with the elitism.
    Actually Uru3 had 999.999.999 spots, it doesnt mean everyone has to be there though
    Who's arguing for everyone? You seem to have an "only us and them" approach to things, and there's an entire range of Players within that "them".
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I understand that very well. And I understand that they made changes to not have it like last season where so many got in to help seeding. But in my opinion they over did it.

-4th of July sales made huge roster bumps I personally went from being top 3 roster to around 15th myself in my alliance
    -Burnout from the previous season also made the casual players a lot less which made matchmaking different.
    That's not true. With the difference in Win/Loss Tokens, it's also more difficult.
    My comment was complete sarcasm because bring popcorn was continually saying it’s not more difficult just more grindy and then admitted to it being more difficult.

I agree it’s more difficult.
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

My comment was complete sarcasm because bring popcorn was continually saying it’s not more difficult just more grindy and then admitted to it being more difficult.

I agree it’s more difficult.
    Sorry I missed that. Lol.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★

Agreed, I've been stuck in Vibranium 3 for days now and the same thing happens to me, win four (against Paragons somewhat stronger than me) and then on the fifth one mega whale with r5 6* and r2 7*, I basically stand no chance.
    Hopefully next season won't be this bad once the seeding system is implemented, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that even Paragons with r4s and r3s can't make it to Uru 3 now because of the extra tiers and how fast the game is moving, I would've already been in Uru 3 if it wasn't for the extra tiers and the mega whales who for some weird reason are still stuck in Vibranium when they should've already been in Gamma with accounts that big.

I'm a paragon with no R5s or 7R2s. I'm at arcane 2

Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Every match has 1 winner 1 loser and matchmaking fix them to face each other, what do you mean they don't worry about losing?
    You think people in GC have been stomping UC/Cav/TB to get to GC? They fight each other from Bronze to Plat3 and then from Diamond to GC
    Using Title Progressions as Tags for player's lvl is not the best way to describe it, we havent real matchmaking here, I play vs people with maybe half R3s with maybe 1 7* and some 5*s, then I play vs someone with R2 7* or half R4s, then some R5s and the rest 7*s.

People that will reach GC for sure, are mostly in this second group of players, since they will only face people similar or worse, while the rest will face people way stronger, stronger, similar, worse, or way worse.

If you make it more grindy, it will become harder aswell for people to climb.

Its like having to lift 50 kg on press 10 times, it will be easy for me and for the fams that train hard, medium for some people, and maybe kinda hard for the rest, if you make it 20 times, it will still be easy for me, but it will become hard for the rest, the weight hasnt changed, but its still harder, same here

Who's arguing for everyone? You seem to have an "only us and them" approach to things, and there's an entire range of Players within that "them".

I have an only us and them approach, you are the one calling people part of the 5%, and yes you are right I use US as part of players who enjoy the competition, tough, difficult, grindy or tedious enjoy it regardless. I also call them people whose only concern about being in the competition is their ability or successful way to get rewards. Plat 2 has a decent ammount of rewards for any UC/Cav/TB, I have yet to see 1 15-17 player complaining about facing 18-20k accounts.

I have an only us and them approach, you are the one calling people part of the 5%, and yes you are right I use US as part of players who enjoy the competition, tough, difficult, grindy or tedious enjoy it regardless. I also call them people whose only concern about being in the competition is their ability or successful way to get rewards. Plat 2 has a decent ammount of rewards for any UC/Cav/TB, I have yet to see 1 15-17 player complaining about facing 18-20k accounts.
    There's a difference between enjoying a competition at wanting to sabotage it for everyone else just for your own entertainment.
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Using Title Progressions as Tags for player's lvl is not the best way to describe it, we havent real matchmaking here, I play vs people with maybe half R3s with maybe 1 7* and some 5*s, then I play vs someone with R2 7* or half R4s, then some R5s and the rest 7*s.

People that will reach GC for sure, are mostly in this second group of players, since they will only face people similar or worse, while the rest will face people way stronger, stronger, similar, worse, or way worse.

Its like having to lift 50 kg on press 10 times, it will be easy for me and for the fams that train hard, medium for some people, and maybe kinda hard for the rest, if you make it 20 times, it will still be easy for me, but it will become hard for the rest, the weight hasnt changed, but its still harder, same here
    No its not, you press 10 times the other person has to press 10 times.
    The grind is equal to everyone, the matchmaking is similar up to plat 2 for everyone.
    People who get to GC play people who usually get to GC.
    For every winner there is a loser, the coin trade off is the same.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You don't get to decide that, you're not Kabam. There are 21 tiers and 12k spots, that says a lot about what kind of players should be in GC, stop with the elitism.
    Actually Uru3 had 999.999.999 spots, it doesnt mean everyone has to be there though
    I know how many spots Uru 3 has, we obviously don't have that many players. The 12k comes from previous season results.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

Agreed, I've been stuck in Vibranium 3 for days now and the same thing happens to me, win four (against Paragons somewhat stronger than me) and then on the fifth one mega whale with r5 6* and r2 7*, I basically stand no chance.
    Hopefully next season won't be this bad once the seeding system is implemented, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that even Paragons with r4s and r3s can't make it to Uru 3 now because of the extra tiers and how fast the game is moving, I would've already been in Uru 3 if it wasn't for the extra tiers and the mega whales who for some weird reason are still stuck in Vibranium when they should've already been in Gamma with accounts that big.

I'm a paragon with no R5s or 7R2s. I'm at arcane 2
    I made it to GC earlier today after playing like a tryhard. As I've said multiple times, this has nothing to do with roster or skills, it's the fact that for some of us, the grind is simply too much because of those extra tiers which require five wins in a row.

There's a difference between enjoying a competition at wanting to sabotage it for everyone else just for your own entertainment.
    My own entertainment? Sabotaging, I am a regular player, I dont work for Kabam I don't know how I am sabotaging by agreeing with their structure.
    Accusing me of being a saboteur for my own entertainment, who is getting personal now?
    If that's the way you are gonna belittle me and label my opinion i am done answering you wahwahwah

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

The grind is equal to everyone, the matchmaking is similar up to plat 2 for everyone.
    Read again the last part fam.

My own entertainment? Sabotaging, I am a regular player, I dont work for Kabam I don't know how I am sabotaging by agreeing with their structure.
    Accusing me of being a saboteur for my own entertainment, who is getting personal now?
    If that's the way you are gonna belittle me and label my opinion i am done answering you wahwahwah
    Nice try.
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Read again the last part fam.
    Ok it would be easy for you why? Cause you had experience training right? Cause you have spent many hours and days doing those presses, adding weight time by time. Now you would assume someone who went thru the same process to be able to do as many presses as you. We are good until then. What would you say when someone with his first membership to a gym comes and complains about not being able to do those 20 presses? You tell them to train more, get stronger and try again
    Am I wrong?

Nice try.
    Nice try to blame it on people like me, you are mad at Kabam not us.

Nice try.
    Nice try to blame it on people like me, you are mad at Kabam not us.
    You're trying too hard, you know that, right?
    You've been posting on every Thread against anyone who has a problem with the current setup.
    You've been dismissive, repetitive, condescending and provoking while doing it.
    You've disregarded the concerns of others and even claimed Kabam is on your side.
    I could keep going, but that is most definitely your responsibility.
This discussion has been closed.