Comments

• Paupershango_2006Paupershango_2006 Member Posts: 539
    So @SonOfArgu16, @Magrailothos, @TheDaywalker, @Nameless_IW, @EdisonLaw, and @noclutch, what do you think of his Rework Spotlight?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★
    why did you @ those six lol
    Of course lol, and to my knowledge I think the Iron Man Rework Spotlight is very awesome.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 992 ★★★★
    A little hesitant to comment. Wanna see more gameplay before i make an assesstment

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★
    Hi @Paupershango_2006

Playing around with him a bit:
    This is a really fun rebalance; and the kind of thing you should study, since he's not been overcooked -
    Nice graphics changes
    Interesting mix of abilities
    Definite big damage increase

He'll be fun on nodes that reward Armour, or nodes that grant Prowess.
    He's genuinely great against Bishop and Kitty.

Will I be using him myself?

Well, no, since I (only) have eight 7* champions so far, and two of them are War Machine and Iron Man Infinity War. Who basically cover pretty much everything he does, and both have broader utility!

But if I had pulled this guy from my 7* crystal instead of one of them, I'd be perfectly happy.

The immunities combo is nice (bleed, Incinerate, coldsnap) and he's (another) Prowess counter but apart from that, I think he's not got enough meaningful utility for end-game players (where's the Ability to counter Miss, or Autoblock, or Healing, or any Power control at all).

However, this is a redesign that means pulling him gives earlier players a champion who's tough, simple to use and tanky. And endgame players who have a bit of resources to burn could certainly do worse.

I don't necessarily have that many resources to burn. On the other hand, I might just buy that 500-unit rankup deal for my 5* version, just for a bit of fun...
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    I don’t understand the above post. He doesn’t have bleed immunity. He does a lot more damage than War Machine but is better at dealing with prowess. WM can get caught by Bishop’s SP1 incinerate, while IM is immune. IM can also deal with Mephisto as a nice bonus. IMIW can’t handle Havok, Bishop, or prowess buildup, but IM destroys all of these.

Hi @Paupershango_2006

This is a really fun rebalance; and the kind of thing you should study, since he's not been overcooked -
    Nice graphics changes

Well, no, since I (only) have eight 7* champions so far, and two of them are War Machine and Iron Man Infinity War. Who basically cover pretty much everything he does, and both have broader utility!

But if I had pulled this guy from my 7* crystal instead of one of them, I'd be perfectly happy.

The immunities combo is nice (bleed, Incinerate, coldsnap) and he's (another) Prowess counter but apart from that, I think he's not got enough meaningful utility for end-game players (where's the Ability to counter Miss, or Autoblock, or Healing, or any Power control at all).

However, this is a redesign that means pulling him gives earlier players a champion who's tough, simple to use and tanky. And endgame players who have a bit of resources to burn could certainly do worse.

I don't necessarily have that many resources to burn. On the other hand, I might just buy that 500-unit rankup deal for my 5* version, just for a bit of fun...

Doesn't he have immunity to Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite while Armor Up Buff is active?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★

Hi @Paupershango_2006

Nice graphics changes

Doesn't he have immunity to Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite while Armor Up Buff is active?
    Well, yes. And that does count as utility. But is it utility that's actually going to be particularly useful later-on?

Immunities to DoT effects aren't particularly unusual, after all. Prowess removal is still uncommon, but there are other Tech champions who do the same.

I just would have liked to see him have some kind of ability to influence the fight by controlling his opponents Power, or by bypassing their defensive abilities like Evade, Miss, Autoblock, inflicting debuffs, etc. Or a Heal Block, Special Lock, and so on.

This Iron Man is better. Way better than he was. He's now a reasonable champion, and anyone pulling him early in the game could get great use out of him.

But look at what he brings to the fight, and aside from removing Prowess, he's basically Colossus. Which feels kind of odd, for the genius Tony Stark.