Now that the iron man update is live let's see who's the best iron man now lol.

2»

Comments

• JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Iron man infamous

I'm just not a fan of OG Iron Man's utility. He's extremely viable now, but I don't see why I would use him over many other Tech champs, including iDoom

Why would you use idoom over him he’s a better mutant counter and can counter more champs then idoom
    I just don't think Iron Man is a better mutant counter or can counter more champs than iDoom. If he is better, it's not by much. iDoom's utility is pretty extensive.
    idoom is out matched by iron man and it’s not close
    I could also list off all of the things iDoom does that Iron Man can't, but that really wouldn't prove anything. I enjoy playing iDoom, power control is harder to come by than I'd like, and most of Iron Man's utility also exists in champions I already have ranked up. For me personally, iDoom is the obvious choice.
    That's different than saying Iron Mans buff doesn't bring him to the same level as IDoom. They don't do the same things. If you don't like OG IM, that's cool. You have an opinion but it doesn't invalidate someones opinion on a champ you like.
    Do you think I tried to invalidate anyone's opinion? My first 5 words in this thread were "I'm just not a fan". I was then asked why I would use iDoom over Iron Man and was told that Iron Man is objectively better.

I don't think Iron Man is as good or better than iDoom, but trying to argue that point would be so incredibly useless. Instead, I gave my opinion. I really don't see what I said that caused a problem for you.
    The problem is you're acting like everything people have said about OG doesn't matter because "objectively" IDoom is better.

In all honesty, OGIM has better damage than IDoom and it's not even close. The reality is that those 2 champs shouldn't really be compared. OG is damage/utility and IDoom is control and Silver Centurion is better than both.
    Where did I say anything objectively? I literally said "I'm just not a fan", "I just don't think" and "For me personally", the person replying to me was the one speaking objectively.

I also think OG IM's damage is better, but most of his utility is easily replaced by a lot of the champions I already have ranked up, while iDoom is a much more difficult champion to replace due to his extensive utility. At least for my roster, OG IM just doesn't stack up. If they had Silver Centurion as a 7*, I might even use him more than OG IM.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Iron man OG buffed
    The buffed OG Iron Man is the most well-rounded and good at what he’d be needed for.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    Superior iron man (it shouldve been him😭)
    I'm coming back to this after Superior Iron Man gets buffed
  • gladiatorjakgladiatorjak Member Posts: 7
    you guys already know what's good with the buff. now the not so good part (in my opinion). he's not very suicide friendly. i just realized his regen kit only triggers once per QUEST. for those like me who uses suicides, the recoil damage you'll be getting since you want to spam sp1 so often, is gonna drain your health. maybe at your third or fourth fight in the quest, you will trigger the regen, and that's about it. even with nick/dpx in the team, he's not as sustainable as the likes of hulkbuster and ultron, who both have good damage output as well and their regen triggers every fight.

i don't currently have idoom as 6*, and i thought the buffed OG ironman is a suitable "replacement". looks like the hunt must go on. im still gonna rank2 him, but that's about it.

if only kabam would offer a "hot swappable" mastery kit, where i can turn off/on the suicides, and other masteries quickly so in cases like these where you want to use a suicide unfriendly champ, you can do so with ease.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Iron man infamous

Do people actually think OG Iron man is as strong as Idoom?

Wait a few months
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Iron man OG buffed
    I believe that OG is now the “strongest” but I think that Iron Man IW is underrated
  • 0_Alph40_Alph4 Member Posts: 105
    Iron man OG buffed
    Damn no warmachine love
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Iron man OG buffed
    After pulling 7* hulkbuster I’m changing my answer to him. I was very optimistic about the iron man buff and while he’s much much better than before, he’s not that crazy in my opinion. In a match where there are prowess buffs and matches where you can parry the sp attacks easily, he feels great. But in other match ups, he feels slightly lacking. But Hulkbuster has been running through everyone in BG. Even matches where the opponent is immune to his shocks or armor breaks, he still performs well. And his power control feels so good. He’s my new favorite tech champ.
    Iron man OG buffed
    In order:
    1. OG Iron Man
    2. IDoom
    3. Hulkbuster
    4. Silver Centurion
    5. War Machine
    6. Iron Man IW
    7. Iron Patriot
    8. Superior Iron Man