Options

Fighting Gladiator is horrible

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Chadhogan said:

Felt a bit grindy having to fight gladiator 25 times but it wasn't very hard my champs for the objectives were mangog stark Spidey and void it kinda felt like cheating using void

I think you did it too much times, 15 were enough fam
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Bro i literally count 4s with my guard open and just waiting for him to dash in and nothing
    I think there's a bug on the code for this passive/agressive interaction, intimidate is making them agressive and the other node (can't remember the name) that is supposed to make them agressive, is making them passive....something weird is going on and it's been like that for at least 2 weeks
  • Options
    Doom, Hood, i guess pretty much every nullify champs can be used, or someone who has power steal.

tried shang chi. works great too. he has cleanse and slow, a nice counter to gladiator's kit.

i find the tech challenge the hardest, obviously since it's class disadvantage. i guess use the best tech you have. i got ultron, that's who i used. if you die, restart. it's only 1 energy so no biggie.
  • Options
    he has Aggressive node but he think he has defencive,,, just stand there and do nothing,,,
  • Options
    Crowning54Crowning54 Posts: 46
    His AI is truly weird as when ur cornered and he charges a heavy he doesn't release it instantly like most AI do which throws me off so much and when i try infuriating him i land a few intercept but then he goes full passive mode
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    For Mystic use - Longshot best option in my case. As if he is high on sig or even 50 sigs, he can take away his unstoppable.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    Adv said:

Who did you guys use for tech?

This guy
    https://youtu.be/xSS6kBY3Im0?si=mUIpf5y0tI9GKzCq
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 387 ★★
    Adv said:

Peni Parker
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    DJMNH said:

For Mystic use - Longshot best option in my case. As if he is high on sig or even 50 sigs, he can take away his unstoppable.

I used Claire. Total cakewalk.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,199 ★★★★★
    My one try, and my ascended Magik did well. I didn't completely dex the first beam of his sp2 -- the only special he threw -- so I finished at like 40 percent health.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 868 ★★★
    Used iDoom, didn’t use special attacks. Dexing the sp2 or blocking worst case. Easy solo’s
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,292 ★★★★★
    I used Warlock. It was best to deal with the L1 and wait it out, but I had to Dex that L2 a few times. So annoying. Sometimes it would let you dodge the second beam, sometimes it wouldn't.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    I used Longshot for Mystic, Shuri for Tech and switched between Valkyrie and BWCV for Caped. Longshot is always my Cosmic melter, but he can be pretty difficult to use against this AI.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 866 ★★★★
    edited September 2023

Can anyone upload a tech video? I'm having the most difficult time and can't find anyone. I have all but Deathstrike to choose from.

Eh he's not really hard to deal with as far as his abilities go. Just push him to sp2 and dodge it, any tech will work I personally just used Nimrod, no reason in particular but he's the only r4 tech I got.
    The only thing is the terrible AI
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

The AI is genuinely miserable. I'm usually the last person to complain about AI issues, but this Gladiator fight has him acting so sporadic.

I found it frustrating. Tier 9 Gladiator is supposed to be aggressive yet he was so passive
    Your words don't work on me because I can't read💀💀 seriously tho I just went straight in never read the nodes. The Ai was all over the place
  • Options
    He just keeps floating towards you no dashing no lights nothing, just slowly floats towards you and randomly throws a little heavy in you face

• Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

His AI is truly weird as when ur cornered and he charges a heavy he doesn't release it instantly like most AI do which throws me off so much and when i try infuriating him i land a few intercept but then he goes full passive mode

Yeah lol.. he totally charges heavy and releases at a random time
    Feel like I'm in that scene from Ghostbusters when trying to predict when he'll release it and dex it in the corner.. "Good guess! But definitely wrong! *receives electric shock* (and I'm in the corner because he kept floating towards me only throwing random lights like a weirdo 😂)
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,620 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I've legit beat him with Ultron 6r3, 5 times a row for that tech path, his sp-2 is surprisingly easy to dex in two swipes, after you figure that out, he's just a tanky dummy.

For mystic and Cape, just doom him, 2 cycles back to back, sp-2 with double Fury, he melt.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,319 ★★★★★
    Nimgod was my guy. I found him easier to beat Gladiator with than Shuri/Peni/Ultron/CapSam/Shocker/WM/P2099/G2099/Stark Spidey.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,151 ★★★
    Adv said:

Viv
  • Options
    Hidr8__Hidr8__ Posts: 53
    Adv said:

Nebula

• Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 123 ★★
    I used 7* war machine and it was a breeze
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 651 ★★★
    His passive ai is super annoying for sure. Boring fight imo because you can't get him too move but not hard either. For what it is worth shuri is an animal against him for the tech one.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 652 ★★★★

I’m not saying he’s too hard. He’s not. The pace of fighting him is just bad. It’s clunky. It’s like the whole fight is in sand.

He is the easiest boss in the whole monthly quest .... I soloed him.every single tine with 100% health. Watch some videos and learn my friend.
    Not talking about difficulty. I literally said he’s not hard. It’s his AI profile. It’s cattywampus.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 843 ★★★

Can anyone upload a tech video? I'm having the most difficult time and can't find anyone. I have all but Deathstrike to choose from.

Idoom was easy for me but I didn't really try anyone else ....just learn to evade his sp2 and you are good. If he happens to throw an sp1 just don't get hit (even on block) and the fights easy. My idoom is also r4 and sig 130 so if you don't have that I'm sure it would be harder. I'd just learn to avoid his specials and use your highest ranked tech champ. Any of them will work....if you can't evade his sp2 use penni
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 590 ★★★★
    i rarely complain about a fight but in the gladiator sidequest he has the worst AI imaginable for this game: very passive, floats around, slow, clunky, you can't really tell what he's going to do, his heavy can't be reliably timed, and he just does whatever he wants. very similar AI to the sentineloids when they were first added to alliance quest way back.
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 120
    I didn't experience this "weirdly passive AI", overall mostly seemed like a normal fight. I guess I did experience him holding his heavy for a long time, even took it in the face a few times. Mostly I'd just push him to sp2 and he'd throw it in a timely manner. - were y'all trying to bait the sp1 or something?

Mystic: doom (too ez)
    Tech: darkhawk (X3) and 7* war machine (X2)
    Cape: doom, cause mantis didn't count
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Sym Supreme is really good. Get to an SP3 and then spam SP2. I used him for the Caped objective but it was an easy solo with a 5*.
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 461 ★★★
    Stark Spidey was a breeze for gladiator push him to sp2 Dex the beams for ramp up and it's a swift fight