**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New account challenge, with a twist... is it possible?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
So, now the rewards of the earlier acts have been buffed, I've decided to attempt a challenge I've had in my head for a while. I want to try to beat the story, doing only completion and no other game modes.

The Rules:

- Only story mode is allowed, no EQ, BGs, etc. (I may allow arena later on if the challenge becomes too hard)

- Once I've beaten a story quest, the ONLY piece of content I can do is the next story quest, no going back for exploration.

- I'm only allowed rewards I get from story mode. No bonuses, solo events, objectives, crystals from calendars, free crystals etc. (Of course I have no choice but to break this rule with the crystals you are forced to buy/open at the start of the game)

It's simple enough, but I expect it will be tricky, especially with iso, and the 4* ban in act 6.

I will post updates here of all my progress, and will probably need advice for nexus crystals, path choices and rank ups. Feel free to join me and give it a shot as well!

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Will be interesting to see how long it takes you get your first 5/6/7* champions

I won't get any 7*s, since there are no 7* shards in the story rewards. I did the maths on the 6*s last night, I'll get my first after beating 6.2.

If I beat 6.2
  • Options
    This is great, continue on!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Good luck. Seems like a fun idea.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Are you allowing yourself to buy revives with the units from story?
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Qacob said:

Wozzle007 said:

Will be interesting to see how long it takes you get your first 5/6/7* champions

I won't get any 7*s, since there are no 7* shards in the story rewards. I did the maths on the 6*s last night, I'll get my first after beating 6.2.

If I beat 6.2
    There are 7* shards in 8.2
  • Options

Are you allowing yourself to buy revives with the units from story?

Absolutely, don't think it would be possible without.
    Wong_98 said:

Qacob said:

Wozzle007 said:

If I beat 6.2
    There are 7* shards in 8.2

Oh yeah, forgot about those. Only 1k though so no 7*.
  • Options
    Well, it appears I've reached my first wall.

Can't beat kang without dexterity, cant get dexterity without beating kang.

I was hoping to avoid using resources on 1*/2*s, but it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade someone if I want to beat this guy reviveless.

I think I have 3 options to tackle this fight. Stark spidey, and hope that he evades lots of the sp1s. Cap and hope that he perfect parties lots of tbe sp1s. Or Vision and try to stop him from throwing specials at all.

I think my best bet there is vision, since the other 2 both rely heavily on luck, and cap does no damage, and having a 2 star with power control could be useful in further quests.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Well, it appears I've reached my first wall.

Can't beat kang without dexterity, cant get dexterity without beating kang.

I was hoping to avoid using resources on 1*/2*s, but it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade someone if I want to beat this guy reviveless.

I think I have 3 options to tackle this fight. Stark spidey, and hope that he evades lots of the sp1s. Cap and hope that he perfect parties lots of tbe sp1s. Or Vision and try to stop him from throwing specials at all.

I think my best bet there is vision, since the other 2 both rely heavily on luck, and cap does no damage, and having a 2 star with power control could be useful in further quests.

Hope you make it through, keep us updated
  • Options
    Legotb27Legotb27 Posts: 57
    Bro I love the idea of this challenge! Can’t wait to see how far you make it
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Iso might be tough if you don't open additional crystals from rewards.
  • Options

Act 2 down. It was surprisingly hellish due to the horrific AI at the start of the game and not having dex. No revives used though. One Lvl1 health pot against the electro boss which was to be expected. Only used a bit of iso to level up vision, didn't rank him.

Finally have dexterity, which will make a massive difference.

Now, for a big choice.

Help me out guys, I know little to nothing about rintrah offensively, and diablo for that matter. Seriously important I get this right, I could be relying on this champion until Act 4 or even 5.

Im calling it a night anyway now. Cant believe act 2 broke me as much as it did lol. Please give me your advice for this nexus too, much appreciated. 🙏
  • Options
    Congrats! As it comes to the nexus, def Cow
  • Options
    He’s really easy to play, get the opponent in the corner, do a light ending combo, whale on them in the corner and throw a massive l2
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Qacob said:

Act 2 down. It was surprisingly hellish due to the horrific AI at the start of the game and not having dex. No revives used though. One Lvl1 health pot against the electro boss which was to be expected. Only used a bit of iso to level up vision, didn't rank him.

Now, for a big choice.

Help me out guys, I know little to nothing about rintrah offensively, and diablo for that matter. Seriously important I get this right, I could be relying on this champion until Act 4 or even 5.

Im calling it a night anyway now. Cant believe act 2 broke me as much as it did lol. Please give me your advice for this nexus too, much appreciated. 🙏

Diablo is my most used champ, though I run suicides. Great damage as long as you aren't facing a poison immune champ. Can nullify, heal energy damage, and become stun/armor break immune after specials. Awakening only needed if you run liquid courage.
  • Options
    Wong_98 said:

He’s really easy to play, get the opponent in the corner, do a light ending combo, whale on them in the corner and throw a massive l2

Qacob said:

Now, for a big choice.

Diablo is my most used champ, though I run suicides. Great damage as long as you aren't facing a poison immune champ. Can nullify, heal energy damage, and become stun/armor break immune after specials. Awakening only needed if you run liquid courage.

Thanks for the advice guys. Remember this champ is going to have to carry me pretty much solo through all of act 3 and put some work in act 4 as well, so it's not necessarily who's the best, its who's going to be able to cover more fights safely.

Its why I'm starting to lean towards rintrah, since he's naturally tanky. How's his utility though?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Good luck @Qacob! Pretty sure you'll hit a wall you can't overcome without doing other things because Kabam has accelerated the progression pace but you won't be taking advantage of it. Interested to see how far you get though.
  • Options

Good luck @Qacob! Pretty sure you'll hit a wall you can't overcome without doing other things because Kabam has accelerated the progression pace but you won't be taking advantage of it. Interested to see how far you get though.

Not at all unlikely. I think its possible though, even if its dependent on a lot of things going my way that I cannot control.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    Q you absolute mad man- best of luck
  • Options

Decided to go with rintrah after doing some research.

Unfortunately I have another problem with this challenge.

This calendar that you have no choice but to claim. I considered making it a rule that I cant use the champions I'm going to get from this, but I think that's a bit silly so I'm going to allow it. And I'll probably need them too if i want to stand a chance of making progress.

I'm still not going to touch any of the crystals I get from this calendar, but any champions and rank up mats that go straight to my inventory seem like a hassle to avoid.
  • Options