**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Battleground matchmaking

My account is qt the bottom how am i getting matched to a kabam devolper who is paragon 4 mill rating compaird to my just a mill team this is not a fair match up madness a kabam devopler pleasse dont tell me ik the onky one who has had a match up like this im only cavailer

Comments

• Options
    Abspain101Abspain101 Posts: 144
    Plat 2 through diamond have been open season for atleast the last 3 to 4 seasons that's nothing new
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,554 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Plat 2 through diamond have been open season for atleast the last 3 to 4 seasons that's nothing new

With seeding active ALL VT tiers should be open without rigged matchmaking.
    Kabam has no excuses for not having completely RANDOM matchmaking at all tiers.
    At this point any parameter to the matchmaking, is direct thieving rewards of bigger accounts 😠
    No, it should be random, so it pretty much is. Thieving rewards, as you put it would be them skewing the matchmaking.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 703 ★★★

My account is qt the bottom how am i getting matched to a kabam devolper who is paragon 4 mill rating compaird to my just a mill team this is not a fair match up madness a kabam devopler pleasse dont tell me ik the onky one who has had a match up like this im only cavailer

I will try to take your revenge if i ever face him
  • Options
    MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
    It all comes down to skill. I might have a rating of 3 million but I get pitted against even bigger accounts and still win or pitted against someone with a 1.5 million rating and lose. It just matters if the other person **** up more then you.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,354 ★★★★★
    Oh no! 3 million rating, 2 million is from 1-4* 🤣
  • Options
    Smoky_4i20Smoky_4i20 Posts: 12
    edited September 2023
    Matchmaking should be based on deck strength, the entire Battleground should be like GC , you get points and climb ranks, points should be given by deck strength too , so lower accounts wouldn't be getting more points than stronger accounts, the way BG is right now is just broken, you can't play at all , you get punished for going above plat2 if you're not a whale .
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Matchmaking should be based on deck strength, the entire Battleground should be like GC , you get points and climb ranks, points should be given by deck strength too , so lower accounts wouldn't be getting more points than stronger accounts, the way BG is right now is just broken, you can't play at all , you get punished for going above plat2 if you're not a whale .

Yeah, the entire battlegrounds should be like GC. In GC, matches are done purely by rating. Nothing else counts. If the entire BG was run like GC, we wouldn't have nearly as many low strength players complaining about unbalanced matches in Platinum 2 or higher, because almost none of them would *get* to Platinum 2 or higher.

The reason why low roster players are "punished" for getting to Platinum 2 is because in a fair competition they would never get there in the first place. The game gives them an easy path to P2 to allow them to participate without getting killed by the competition. That easy path ends in P2, when they start to see what they would have been seeing all along had the game not been protecting them from the wider competition for ten VT tiers.
    That's why it should be based on deck strength, and be like CG because of the points , there's no easy path to to play 2 , winning a fair match is not easy every time ,weaker acc should be given less points based on deck strength, y'all saying that fighting another person with the same deck strength is just easy , but you probably lose to ppl with accounts of the the same tier as your's
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Yeah, the entire battlegrounds should be like GC. In GC, matches are done purely by rating. Nothing else counts. If the entire BG was run like GC, we wouldn't have nearly as many low strength players complaining about unbalanced matches in Platinum 2 or higher, because almost none of them would *get* to Platinum 2 or higher.

The reason why low roster players are "punished" for getting to Platinum 2 is because in a fair competition they would never get there in the first place. The game gives them an easy path to P2 to allow them to participate without getting killed by the competition. That easy path ends in P2, when they start to see what they would have been seeing all along had the game not been protecting them from the wider competition for ten VT tiers.
    I got to diamond 4, I have no R5s only 4 R4s and several R1and R2 6 stars in my deck , been facing decks 3 times stronger than mine , and yes being punished for trying to get better rewards
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    But because of whales that already have everything would cry because ppl that never wasted money , could get better rewards just because they only had to face fair match's , kabam did this to the matchmaking. Whales that can't win a fair match crying because weaker accounts player's could win so sad
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,363 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This I'm going to have to disagree with. What's the sense of having a VT if you're going to stomp the progress of Players at the gate?
    People complain here on a daily basis. The fact that higher Players are offended by lower Players struggling is just arrogance honestly.
    Everyone has the right to speak to their own experience playing the game. Belittling them is not a productive way of communicating to them.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

DNA3000 said:

KTPrimal said:

WTF do they keep letting these players into Plat so easily?

Because it's not a competitive mode.
    Correction, Platinum 2 is when it becomes a competition. Bronze, Silver and Gold are 80% participation, 20% competition. Platinum 2 is basically the reverse.
    If you have a lower roster, correct.. If you are paragon with any sort of roster, the competition starts immediately no matter the rank.
    Winning a fair match is not easy so stop crying, the matchmaking sucks , if it was easy there would be no whales stuck in plat 2 , and kabam probably didn't wanted to lock ppl in plat 2 , is just a bunch of bad players stuck in there holding weaker accounts from progess
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,354 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

That's why it should be based on deck strength, and be like CG because of the points , there's no easy path to to play 2 , winning a fair match is not easy every time ,weaker acc should be given less points based on deck strength, y'all saying that fighting another person with the same deck strength is just easy , but you probably lose to ppl with accounts of the the same tier as your's
    It was like that, then you had people manipulating it. Putting 1 and 2 stars in the deck to get easy matches
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Jaycray81 said:

Maybe they should just make the game mode for Paragon players.
    I'd be fine with that. Let the low players do all the other stuff in the game that's there for them.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 161 ★★
    Jaycray81 said:

Maybe they should just make the game mode for Paragon players.
    That'll teach him to complain about fairness. 😆

But in all honesty, the only way to lower the amount matchmaking complaints like these is like you said, paragon only. Or have 2 separate battlegrounds with 2 separate rankings and 2 largely different set of rewards.

But I still see the lower bracket complaining about why the paragon bracket gets better rewards. So, IDK.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain why you should advance higher than the guys who are smoking you in Plat?