Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking is broken!!!

I keep matching accounts way ahead of me in progression and roster even some with 7 star rank 2 champions. My roster has a couple 6 star rank 3s and i want to be able to complete the objectives to ascend a 6 star but i kee encountering these types of accounts.

Comments

• Options
    Crowning54Crowning54 Posts: 46
    It is impossible to win when u match these accounts considering my roster.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Sadly, I think you shot yourself in the foot progressing that far. I think plenty of players are losing matches on purpose to stay in the lower brackets and avoid struggling to complete the objectives.
  • Options
    I started at gold 1 what am i supposed to do
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Can I ask respectfully how do you want matchmaking to work?

You're in Plat2 and he's in Plat2. If you're in the same bracket, you're going to match with better accounts and worse accounts. What brackets or accounts is he supposed to match? I'm curious as to how you think it should work.

Match accounts in the same bracket but with similar rating
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 656 ★★★

Play 5 matches to collect free goodies from bronze to gold 1 and keep grinding and making your account better to compete in higher tiers :)
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 755 ★★★

Perhaps he started in Gold 1 also. Maybe he started in a higher bracket and had a rough go remaining there.

I get your frustration but I don't know how feasible your solution is. There aren't unlimited accounts participating and accounts move up and down all the time. You just have to keep grinding. The mode isn't built for one person to be matched against a far weaker opponent and always win. You'd advance to a bracket where there is only going to be stronger accounts/players and then what?

I had a TB account start in Bronze and it took me a good amount of time and matches to finally move up. And I played against stronger accounts.

Losing sucks. It does. I get it. But it's a competitive mode with one winner and one loser.
  • Options

Play 5 matches to collect free goodies from bronze to gold 1 and keep grinding and making your account better to compete in higher tiers :)
    What??? Im not in bronze
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    I had a feeling that this would happen sooner or later because very few people with similar roster like me could progress to higher tiers, therefore i lost 6-7 games intentionally in Gold III to complete the second last objective. You can now just hope that you get lucky and match with someone your level
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Perhaps he started in Gold 1 also. Maybe he started in a higher bracket and had a rough go remaining there.

I get your frustration but I don't know how feasible your solution is. There aren't unlimited accounts participating and accounts move up and down all the time. You just have to keep grinding. The mode isn't built for one person to be matched against a far weaker opponent and always win. You'd advance to a bracket where there is only going to be stronger accounts/players and then what?

I had a TB account start in Bronze and it took me a good amount of time and matches to finally move up. And I played against stronger accounts.

Losing sucks. It does. I get it. But it's a competitive mode with one winner and one loser.
    Ok i understand this, i was wondering that maybe the stronger accounts will move out of plat 2 after the objectives are completed, that way maybe i could get my 20 tier 2 dust
  • Options

What??? Im not in bronze
    I don't believe he was implying you were in Bronze. If you started this season in Gold, you would have had to play and complete 5 matches to get the Bronze and Silver level BG rewards.
  • Options

obsidiman said:

Ok i understand this, i was wondering that maybe the stronger accounts will move out of plat 2 after the objectives are completed, that way maybe i could get my 20 tier 2 dust
    You can't just assume that the strong accounts are going to automatically win and progress up. A strong account can get mired in a losing streak for a myriad of reasons keeping them in the same bracket. Remeber... there's always a bigger fish.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

What??? Im not in bronze
    I don't believe he was implying you were in Bronze. If you started this season in Gold, you would have had to play and complete 5 matches to get the Bronze and Silver level BG rewards.
    oh ok
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

obsidiman said:

You can't just assume that the strong accounts are going to automatically win and progress up. A strong account can get mired in a losing streak for a myriad of reasons keeping them in the same bracket. Remeber... there's always a bigger fish.
    ok i understand now i guess its up to kabam whether im getting my ascension or not :/
  • Options
    edited September 2023

obsidiman said:

obsidiman said:

ok i understand now i guess its up to kabam whether im getting my ascension or not :/
    It's up to you. Remember the final objective is simply to win 10 matches. Not win 10 but in there has to be a string of 5 in a row. Or win 10 but make sure you're 10-2 or better. You just have to win a match then win another and so on. The objective has 21 days left. That's one win every two days.

Will those 10 wins come easy? Clearly from this discussion, the answer is no, but it's not impossible. Get a win, leave the mode, and come back to do a match later. Lose 3 or 4 in a row? Do some other content and come back to BGs later. Don't let yourself get buried by losses. Step away and regroup. The 10 wins don't have to be achieved in the span of 8 hours or a day. You have lots of time.
  • Options
    Thank you that was very helpful
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Welcome to the beginning of the competition.
  • Options
    @Logan00 did a picture not attach in your post? Going to need some details and/or context. Not sure what you're asking.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited September 2023

How is this possible? That's a rank4 Sig 200 herc btw, make me loose faith in the game really
  • Options
    BlueSmirnBlueSmirn Posts: 6
    @OP you started in G1 so must have made it a lot higher last season and had the same problems…. Yet you managed to progress.
    The only difference is that you are trying to advance much earlier in the season.
    So I suggest you just try and be a little patient. Easier matches will come along.

I have. 16k account and always have problems for the first couple of weeks even at the lowest level. Often a score of 47k is not enough to win.

Good luck in a week or 2.
  • Options
    Logan00 said:

How is this possible? That's a rank4 Sig 200 herc btw, make me loose faith in the game really

Disclaimer... not a champion expert. Opinion... not fact.

Herc's sig ability just means his immortality and unblockable are lengthened after initial knockout. I'm assuming you opponent got a nice big SP2 and applied big shocks with Nimrod and was able to wait out the immortality.

I don't see anything that would indicate cheating.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 583 ★★★
    I'm not implying cheating, it just funny how is it possible to do that in that time frame,it just means that this season node is nonsense, it makes tech champions too OP , also I am very bad playing hood
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Logan00 said:

Disclaimer... not a champion expert. Opinion... not fact.

Herc's sig ability just means his immortality and unblockable are lengthened after initial knockout. I'm assuming you opponent got a nice big SP2 and applied big shocks with Nimrod and was able to wait out the immortality.

I don't see anything that would indicate cheating.
    Looks more like an Sp3 kill
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    How is this still a shock to people? 3 of the 4 most recent posted discussions were on this same topic lol
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I like the "if I can't do something than no one else could possibly do it" mentality many have here.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 944 ★★★★★
    Logan00 said:

I'm not implying cheating, it just funny how is it possible to do that in that time frame,it just means that this season node is nonsense, it makes tech champions too OP , also I am very bad playing hood

Nimrod is a beast tech champion, which this meta gives attack nodes to. He also has Sentinel node. 87 seconds is absolutely achievable with Nimrod, even with Hercs 9 second immortality.

Honest question, how long have you been playing the game? I’m not saying “get gud” but a lot of players issues isn’t always how strong the opponent is, it’s poor game knowledge and understanding which champions are best to use when drafted.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,199 ★★★★★

99 percent of us reach our ceiling in BGs at some point. You have ostensibly reached yours.
  • Options
    Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263

obsidiman said:

Can I ask respectfully how do you want matchmaking to work?

You're in Plat2 and he's in Plat2. If you're in the same bracket, you're going to match with better accounts and worse accounts. What brackets or accounts is he supposed to match? I'm curious as to how you think it should work.

Match accounts in the same bracket but with similar rating
    That's like saying the smarter kids should take harder tests for the same grade, or better workers should have more difficult jobs for the same pay. It's why communism doesn't work.

Same rewards, same bracket, you draw who you draw. Build your roster