Bug with s2099 relic?

MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 884 ★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion

This seems like a bug. In dormammu’s sig ability, it states that when a buff expires he has a chance to inflict degen. However, the s2099 relic makes spider-Gwen immune to the precision from Dex, thus it does not trigger, and cannot expire.

If I’m missing something with the wording, please let me know. Maybe expiring includes a buff not even triggering. But to me, something that expires must first have triggered and have a duration.

Comments

• MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 884 ★★★
    Thanks, genuinely don't know how I haven't seen these yet. Haha.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,433 Guardian
    This is the explanation from another community member that might be leading to this issue with the s2099 relic. Still is a sucky interaction, but not sure if it would change because it would require a significant change to how the relic works.

Pikolu said:

This is the explanation from another community member that might be leading to this issue with the s2099 relic. Still is a sucky interaction, but not sure if it would change because it would require a significant change to how the relic works.

The thing is, mojo’s degen never triggers from it. MD doesn’t trigger from it. Loads of other interactions don’t trigger from it
    edited September 2023
    Seems to be a consistency issue. Just like omega not ignoring passive degen from dormammu or how he doesn’t ignore passive degen from interactions like mojo or special delivery on his heavy attacks, only mediums.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    It's probably an issue with dormamus code since he's so old. It shouldn't be that hard to fix
    ahmynuts said:

It's probably an issue with dormamus code since he's so old. It shouldn't be that hard to fix

Yeah this was my thought
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

Seems to be a consistency issue. Just like omega not ignoring passive degen from dormammu or how he doesn’t ignore passive degen from interactions like mojo or special delivery on his heavy attacks, only mediums.

That should be expected I suppose since that the way doormamu works. He degenerates you even if the buff does not expire UNlike mojo and MD. Even if a buff is just replaced he will trigger the degeneration

MCOCHazza said:

That should be expected I suppose since that the way doormamu works. He degenerates you even if the buff does not expire UNlike mojo and MD. Even if a buff is just replaced he will trigger the degeneration
    Yeah it’s probably just old code, even though it says when a buff expires. Should definitely be updated to for the conditional relic immunity though, since all other interactions (that I’ve tested) work that way.
    And yeah omega should definitely be able to bypass it for when Dex expires. It fits the 0.2 sec window of the degen triggering and it is passive degen.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    Finally got a 6* relic from the battleground solo rewards.. lots or losses and ...

6* Spiderman 2099 relic.. I bind him to Miles Morales..

So is he good relic?