Mod came back strong again in Gladiator circuit

vz2fbxvz2fbx Member Posts: 92
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Just went through about 100 players in Gamma III. I found over 20-30% MoD. Seems to be worst than ever. Probably, everybody is so busy with many events.

Cannot report them though since the option to report is only available when you fight them or found them in GC.

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★
    vz2fbx said:

ahmynuts said:

Thank you for this useless and time-consuming thread. I wish i had the time i wasted scrolling down to comment here back

I don't think it is useless as it helps Kabam to review the current status. Better game is better for everyone. L

Or, you are one of those so you feel offended.
    My guess: mods or wonky matchmaking still in effect, unless there’s something else I’m missing.

Also, not useless—provided game team removes any offending accounts before final BG rankings and reranks the legitimate GC accounts accordingly.

Dr. Zola
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    vz2fbx said:

ahmynuts said:

Thank you for this useless and time-consuming thread. I wish i had the time i wasted scrolling down to comment here back

I don't think it is useless as it helps Kabam to review the current status. Better game is better for everyone. L

They don’t need a forum post. They have an internal team that literally reviews these types of things

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    vz2fbx said:

ahmynuts said:

No this post is just straight up against forum rules and the only reason it's still up is because it's the weekend lol
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

All you could have done was educate the person by telling the the correct way to report this instead of being rude.
    Combat was the only option due to the length and nature of this thread
    edited September 2023
    @vz2fbx the problem with your post is that you didn’t black out the player names and alliance names before posting. It’s easy to pop the wrong photo into a comment, but for future reference you should hide that info when posting an account pic.

I will help you out with this, however: a quick perusal of the first 25 accounts in Gamma 3 right now includes only 3-4 accounts with ratings over 1M. And there are dozens of dozens more. Whether that’s the result of cheating or matchmaking or something else is anyone’s guess.

Dr. Zola
  • vz2fbxvz2fbx Member Posts: 92
    I know that it is against the forum rule but there is no point to respect those cheaters while they don't respect others. 84K rating account could be in Gladiator circuit. It is a joke.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    vz2fbx said:

I know that it is against the forum rule but there is no point to respect those cheaters while they don't respect others. 84K rating account could be in Gladiator circuit. It is a joke.

Ok now you deserve the rude responses.
    Probably should follow @DrZola advice. Will delete and bury this subject then.
    edited September 2023
    How to delete the post? Sorry to all that I didn't mask you account name. My fault.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,175 ★★★★★
    While the names should be deleted, I can say that I've fought two of them and they were not modders. Currently in Arcane 1.

One of them beat me fairly, and the other one I played against I won. Nothing looked suspicious on either. Both of them had mad skills with the roster they were using. One of them had a 5r5 Thing in there deck going against my 6r4 void and timed out but still won because they drafted better than me (didn't realize Nimrod would be rather useless against Titania and needed a different playstyle than normal).

But also, some of those are straight up cheaters.

While the names should be deleted, I can say that I've fought two of them and they were not modders. Currently in Arcane 1.

One of them beat me fairly, and the other one I played against I won. Nothing looked suspicious on either. Both of them had mad skills with the roster they were using. One of them had a 5r5 Thing in there deck going against my 6r4 void and timed out but still won because they drafted better than me (didn't realize Nimrod would be rather useless against Titania and needed a different playstyle than normal).

But also, some of those are straight up cheaters.

Even so, it’s baffling. I can somewhat understand an account at 1M rating that sold low rarity champs but ranked only the top 30-40 5/6*’s they could obtain via gameplay or $$$ slipping into GC just on superior play skills and excellent game knowledge.

But if my sample size in another thread is remotely indicative, there are a couple of hundred accounts in GC (at least) that are ridiculously low rated. I don’t buy the “roster strength alone” argument for BGs, but BGs is much, much more like American college football (big programs will win most times) than it is like the NFL (parity model, anyone can win on any given Sunday). I truly don’t see how even an ascended 5* is going to win repeatedly against the types of rosters I tend to see. Unless they aren’t facing such rosters often or something else entirely is happening that I can’t think of.

Dr. Zola