Question about Iron Man and Invalidate

Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
So I was reading buffed Iron Man's abilities and I noticed that his special attacks will "Invalidate" prowess effects on each hit. I assumed that they created this new term to allow him to remove prowess effects without technically "removing" them (since he's "Invalidating" them), so he could bypass certain nodes or abilities that might punish you for removing effects off of the opponent. But then I read the description for Invalidate, where it clearly says that it simply removes prowess effects off of the opponent. My question is why create the whole "Invalidate" term in the first place if it's the exact same thing as "removing"? Why not just say that he can remove prowess effects instead of creating an entirely new term just to say the same thing? I know this isn't that big of a deal, but I found it very confusing and I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing here.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    The explanation is simple. Invalidate is there to be the way iron man gets armor ups from removing prowess. This makes him less broken on nodes such as aggression prowess and also hinders him in the current VT meta. In both cases there are events that remove prowess, but unless iron man invalidates them with a special, he doesn't get an armor up buff.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    Because he isnt removing prowesses. That's why they didn't say remove