Is Adam Warlock worth r5?

Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
Love playing adam warlock and trying to decide whether to r5 him. Only thing holding me back is that 10% of the time AI doesn't cooperate. If you're on your toes you can deal with it but requires high concentration in case you need to deal with a weird AI. I really like playing him the other 90% of the time, would be interested to hear people's opinions on him in battlegrounds (I would say I can play him fairly well).

Is Adam Warlock worth r5? 116 votes

YES
59%
razielbxdIl_CuocoSpeedbumpKaspYTevilKINGwilsonDarkrider05TheBroookJTSaldivarDarkness275dfmoore26FunkPseudouberBarrier ReefKerowaxRabarberstengelRockyshockyKnightNvrEndingDenzel116skullduggery72 69 votes
NO
40%
RaganatorNescioRayhanIshaqueShanos100rcm2017Logan00LiquidkoldWild_cordSuros_moonHungaryHippoThe_real_IndyDes99ItsClobberinTimeIcy000JdashMaxwell24Aomine_Daiki10BeastDadZeroFrostNinjaSkyLord7000 47 votes

Comments

• JarvisreiJarvisrei Member Posts: 402 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Imo As a champ he is, but as a cosmic champ? I don't think so. But if you like him, you should go for him.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    YES
    You like him that's your answer
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,266 ★★★
    NO
    Rankup your favourite any Champs.Take it like Game.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    NO
    Absolutely not.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    YES
    He destroys everything when the AI cooperates but idk if you’re willing to have that unreliability. There’s ways to make him better to use, and since you say that you’re pretty good with him, I think he’ll be a good choice
  • GK625GK625 Member Posts: 22
    This is a yes, but... do you have Herc, Hulkling or Galan, etc already R5? Maybe consider one of them first if not.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Absolutely not.

Based on what?
  • flapjaxflapjax Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    NO
    I voted no but thats more, is it worth it for me.

Personally I hate how unreliable he is. You need near perfect AI cooperation and if your opponent has a stun or dot on their specials it really sucks. Not to mention if there's unstoppable, evade or miss it completely messes him up.

In matches where he can cook and the opponent plays into him, he's an absolute beast though. So if you like him and can use him I'd say he's worth R5, just not for me.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    NO
    Not till he get tuned up, his sp-1 stun duration and getting stunned/DOT during pod is hilariously stupid, also needs passive taunt.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    NO
    PT_99 said:

Not till he get tuned up, his sp-1 stun duration and getting stunned/DOT during pod is hilariously stupid, also needs passive taunt.

He's not getting tuned up, they already said they're "happy with his performance"
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Wow an almost even split, I've got a lot to think about; I appreciate all your guys input.

That's my roster btw. Its pretty much between Adam (sig200) and CGR for me. I also love my hyperion but I don't think I can r5 him over the other 2.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★

I wouldn't, and it's not because of AI cooperation you can easily keep that under control if you first push them close to the wall and then start sovereignty counter. My main issue with him is any node or ability that prevents you from being aggressive or applying the taunt makes him absolutely useless. Unstoppable, falter, evade, cleanse, tenacity etc so for that reason I'd say do someone else first the cosmic class has way better options

Yeah that too, I forgot to add that in my comment, great point. 👍
    NO
    Milan1405 said:

Wow an almost even split, I've got a lot to think about; I appreciate all your guys input.

That's my roster btw. Its pretty much between Adam (sig200) and CGR for me. I also love my hyperion but I don't think I can r5 him over the other 2.

If it's between those two, then yeah Adam cause at least he has some defensive value for BGs, and CGR hits hard enough at r4 anyways. Personally though, I would do Hype (if you have an awakened Gamora relic he's even crazier).
    NO

I wouldn't, and it's not because of AI cooperation you can easily keep that under control if you first push them close to the wall and then start sovereignty counter. My main issue with him is any node or ability that prevents you from being aggressive or applying the taunt makes him absolutely useless. Unstoppable, falter, evade, cleanse, tenacity etc so for that reason I'd say do someone else first the cosmic class has way better options

Yeah that too, I forgot to add that in my comment, great point. 👍
    I forgot to add some of your points too, the whole stun situation when he triggers his pod and nullifies or staggers make him almost unplayable on certain matchups too.
    Another thing I forgot to add is that sp1 stun, it literally does nothing in BGs since everyone is running limber.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 721 ★★★
    YES
    I cannot for the life of me pull him. I’ve opened 60+ featureds too. :/ but I would totally take him to R5.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    NO

BeastDad said:

Absolutely not.

Based on what?
    Based on the fact that he is 100% reliant on AI behavior to be awesome.

That alone makes it an easy pass.
    I played more adam warlock and cgr and still can't decide which one I like more. When adam's rotation works (90%) he feels fantastic to play, but the odd time the AI screws up ur counter really pisses me off. On the other hand I really do like cgr, but I also know I'm not that good playing him. I ain't even 1/4 as good as slayer of gods. All I know is the sp3 and sp2 rotations for long and short fights respectively. If Adam could not be stunned while in stasis pod I would pull the trigger, but that idiotic oversight is just making me cautious as it has screwed me over before and I think if I properly learnt CGR maybe I would get more out of him? AHHH I CAN'T DECIDE!!! (P.S. Thanks so much everyone for giving me feedback).

NEXTON said:

I cannot for the life of me pull him. I’ve opened 60+ featureds too. :/ but I would totally take him to R5.

I think you're severely overestimating him lol as someone who's pulled him three times already and figured out how to use him effectively, you're going to be very disappointed once you realize how many flaws he actually has. Anything that prevents you from playing aggressive like unstoppable, falter, evade, purify, cleanse, root shuts him down almost completely. Anything that nullifies or staggers your buffs right off the bat also shuts him down almost completely.
    He's not as good as you think.
    Just played more adam warlock and he struggles against a lot of champs who just shouldn't be difficult. He has problems against red guardian, BWDO, ultron, mole man, KP, mr fantastic etc, let alone defenders that are actually tough. I really enjoy adam warlock, but to make his rotation work you need to be able to gain buffs freely, be able to taunt your opponent and play aggressively all of the time, which is very tough, especially with weirder and weirder AI, just look at gladiator's nonsense AI. Hence I'm leaning towards. r5 cgr rn.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 490 Content Creator
    edited September 2023
    NO
    Milan1405 said:

I think if I properly learnt CGR maybe I would get more out of him?

You think correctly
    NO
    Milan1405 said:

NEXTON said:

I think you're severely overestimating him lol as someone who's pulled him three times already and figured out how to use him effectively, you're going to be very disappointed once you realize how many flaws he actually has. Anything that prevents you from playing aggressive like unstoppable, falter, evade, purify, cleanse, root shuts him down almost completely. Anything that nullifies or staggers your buffs right off the bat also shuts him down almost completely.
    He's not as good as you think.
    Just played more adam warlock and he struggles against a lot of champs who just shouldn't be difficult. He has problems against red guardian, BWDO, ultron, mole man, KP, mr fantastic etc, let alone defenders that are actually tough. I really enjoy adam warlock, but to make his rotation work you need to be able to gain buffs freely, be able to taunt your opponent and play aggressively all of the time, which is very tough, especially with weirder and weirder AI, just look at gladiator's nonsense AI. Hence I'm leaning towards. r5 cgr rn.
    After giving it some thought, I would go for that CGR probably yeah.
    Here's the thing, Adam was made to counter auto block, that's it, and honestly that's fine but I wish his taunt was at least passive so he could do a few other matchups. Right now, he can't really counter most top defenders, it's wild to me that they decided to not give him some slight tweaks. Yeah yeah sure he can ignore Galan's harvest with his pod and that's cool but I would never use Adam against Galan if I have Wiccan Rintrah or Tigra, and even for defenders with autoblock like Peni or OS I'm better off using Hulkling or Galan cause they're not as risky and they're faster. Adam to me is what Wong is to the mystic class, best way to put it.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    YES
    Any champ is worth R5 if you "love playing that champ"
    AMS94 said:

Any champ is worth R5 if you "love playing that champ"

Of course, but I also love playing CGR. I think CGR is better, Adam warlock is slightly. more fun when everything goes to plan (although this may be his novelty) , but the fact that he has more weaknesses and less damage than CGR is something I can't ignore.