[Help] I have OG Hulk and Shuri 6R1, should I rank them up or wait/hope to get them as 7 stars?

JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 218 ★★
I don't wanna have the frustration of ranking and awakening one of them 6r4 but get him/her in few weeks, as I'm hoarding 7* stars shards waiting for the new champions to get into the basic pool.

What would you do? :smiley:

[Help] I have OG Hulk and Shuri 6R1, should I rank them up or wait/hope to get them as 7 stars? 57 votes

Rank up Shuri
5%
SuperBKGchazGamer5483TrongNov 3 votes
Rank up Hulk
22%
PikoluOld_Man_LimnosSoumemiakas1926Nikunj_95Red_Lightning02LBN1FrostGiantLordShivacruxSeñor DudeYogesh_123EcLiPS3MarvelNoobMohammad07 13 votes
Rank up both
24%
FrnkieloManup456allinashesEmil_LimsonGodrohrIvarTheBonelessSCP1504RenaxqqJack2634LickyZhaKINGBLACKSHEEP[Deleted User]Trilliboss 14 votes
Wait/hope for the 7 stars
47%
TerraBluestoneHendrossSw0rdMasterrcm2017Colinwhitworth69dump_monkeyEwell65SSS69Arifuterao_oBen_15455AzenstarHoitadoJefechutaAJ007InsaneSkullAsim38ThePredator1001willrun4adonutZolobacsi 27 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★
    Rank up both
    I think you can decide this way:
    1. What is your progression level? Can you open at least 1 7* crystal in a month?
    2. Do you have any alternatives for Shuri or Hulk?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Rank up Hulk
    I personally would hope for 7* Shuri because a r1 7* is almost equivalent to the r5 6* Shuri, and Hulk is powerful enough as a 6* to justify ranking him up now.

Take that with a grain of salt, if you don't get 7* shuri out of the next crystal, then you might find it worthwhile to rank up your 6* too.
  • JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 218 ★★
    edited September 2023

Simple question:

If you want Hulk and Shuri this bad. Why are you even hoarding 7* crystal for the pool to get diluted with newer champs?

I mean I really want them, but I also want a lot of others 7 stars haha. And the ones getting into the new pool seems to be all really good, so I would maximise my chance of having a good pull this way.

Truth is I just realized recently they were top level. That's why my questions was more like:
    "- Am I missing on something so bad that I need to rank them asap?"

but I still have plenty other characters to play with! I was in a P2 alliance so I'm basically endgame. I was just sitting on them for a long time without realising :smiley: .
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    If you need either to fill a gap in your roster, no point waiting for the 7* but if you can't find a use, even a niche one, may as well wait.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★
    Rank up both
    I have a 6 star shuri, hulk and chavez sitting at the bottom of my roster. I waited to rank them because I could get the 7 star versions. In the meantime we are more than 4 months further and I managed to pull 14 7 stars (1 incursions crystal included) without pulling them.

I wish I ranked them at the beginning without waiting but now I feel that I'm too deep in the rabbithole to rank them up. So my advice: rank immediately who you want.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

I have a 6 star shuri, hulk and chavez sitting at the bottom of my roster. I waited to rank them because I could get the 7 star versions. In the meantime we are more than 4 months further and I managed to pull 14 7 stars (1 incursions crystal included) without pulling them.

I wish I ranked them at the beginning without waiting but now I feel that I'm too deep in the rabbithole to rank them up. So my advice: rank immediately who you want.

I’m in the same boat with Hulk and Chavez. I was lucky to pull Shuri as my first 7*. I’m waiting till after 8.3 and if still can’t pull them I’ll rank them up. Leaks said it was next month and whenever it comes I’m sure we’ll be able to get Atleast one 7* from it, if not more
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,923 ★★★★
    Rank up Hulk
    Hulk should be a top priority. Since his buff, he can shred through loads of content, and is a great lane-clearer in quests. Shuri is decent as well, but she's nowhere near as versatile as Hulk.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,099 ★★★★★
    Jeancrb said:

Simple question:

If you want Hulk and Shuri this bad. Why are you even hoarding 7* crystal for the pool to get diluted with newer champs?

I mean I really want them, but I also want a lot of others 7 stars haha. And the ones getting into the new pool seems to be all really good, so I would maximise my chance of having a good pull this way.

Truth is I just realized recently they were top level. That's why my questions was more like:
    "- Am I missing on something so bad that I need to rank them asap?"

but I still have plenty other characters to play with! I was in a P2 alliance so I'm basically endgame. I was just sitting on them for a long time without realising :smiley: .
    I would say if you're in a plat2 alliance you should know the answer already (though I could be wrong)
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

Hulk should be a top priority. Since his buff, he can shred through loads of content, and is a great lane-clearer in quests. Shuri is decent as well, but she's nowhere near as versatile as Hulk.

I agree hulk is amazing after his buff but I think you need to use Shuri abit more. She’s arguably the most versatile champ in the game. She can have guaranteed crits or never crit, has insane damage over time as passives or as debuffs which combined with despair can be used to heal block. She’s shock immune, She can block unblockable specials, insane block proficiency, has all non contact attacks, and has a miss mechanic that allows her to create openings or avoid threats, plus her ability accuracy can not be reduced, and on top of that she does not get the dex buff making her great for mystics like mojo. If that’s not a versatile champ then I don’t know what is.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I have unduped 7* shuri R2 and duped 6* Shuri at r4. The duped champ has some utility the 7* is missing. The 7* hits like a truck going downhill in a hurricane. My 7* hulk is R2 sig 60, so I don’t have the 6* ranked.

Do what’s right for your roster now. Cellar dwelling champs waiting for other rarities aren’t much fun?