Whould you like to see another event like the cap commissary ?

JannasJannas Member Posts: 89

Whould you like to see another event like the cap commissary ? 233 votes

No!
73% 171 votes
Maybe ?
14% 33 votes
Yes !
12% 29 votes

Comments

• JannasJannas Member Posts: 89
    Overall the event was ok a bit grindy but ok untill the shop come and ruin everything
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Member Posts: 327 ★★
    Last option should be this - !Yes
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    While in execusion Bad i like the idea of a trading event as long as both offers are accesible and the trade offers and prices are like the same value to some people (like 1.1M gold or 1 awakening gem for 50 sig stones that some people might have bought)
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    If I ever need a good laugh then sure
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I don't understand the people who conclusively say No. Despite likely ending the event with more useful items than they would have without the event, players are letting the Objective milestones cloud their vision.
    Understandably, people are salty with missing out on the high end objective rewards, plus money offers that seem overpriced for what you get. And Kabam Mike's communication style certainly could be better.

But in a vacuum, the event is .... fine. I would rebalance the economy to make prices and what you get more reasonable, but if Kabam is treating the highest objective (Civil Warrior) as a type of Trophy Champion, then it kind of makes sense.

I wouldn't buy any of the unit offers, but, pre event I had useless gold and 6-star awakening gems sitting there unused, and post event I have ranked a few 6-stars and added sigs to another champion. Plus, for doing a little extra (a few more AQ fights than I typically would), I will get back some Gold and get additional 6-star shards.

So the only answer is Yes, I would like more trade in events like Cap Commissary.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    It s a level progression based store, where the only real value for paragons is the 3-4 gem and the ag for sig stones imo. EVerything else is even overpriced or junk. Junk that you have to buy to get points. So No. Definitely no.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★

With certain changes, yes.

1. Don’t make us compete with our own alliance for taking on AQ fights
    2. Align with the start of BG objectives
    3. More thoughtful trade-in offers
    4. Increase points awarded from offers
    5. Make available all offers at the start of the event

There’s probably more. Actually when writing this out it seems like it would be a totally different event so I’m changing my vote to no.

You should be like an event consultant or something. That’s pretty much what I was going to say.

If this is going to be a regular thing, I will start saving 165k 6* shards from now on.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Yes I would, but incremental offers are a bit iffy and the value placed in a few deals really needed to be reduced but the principle wasn’t bad.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,222 ★★★★★

There’s probably more. Actually when writing this out it seems like it would be a totally different event so I’m changing my vote to no.

There have been a few arguments in my alliance over path stealing. I can only imagine alliances that are more serious and play higher level maps. Extremely poorly thought out
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    I would love it, so i can spend gold on useful stuff, and ignore the rest that doesn't seem that great.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Troll.
    I'm not trolling, its life. Do you go to your neighbour who has a bigger and better house and start calling him a whale? Do you go to a car dealership and ask him why you can only afford a Honda instead of a Bentley?
    Yes the rewards are there, it doesn't mean you will get them, you get what you can and make the best of it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★

You got an agree from me but I’m going to chime in to underscore how spot on this comment is. There are quite a few things with this event that seem disconsonant with how normal people play MCoC. Great feedback.

Dr. Zola
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

I don't remember the last time we had an event which was this hated, & rightfully so
    This is like the Guillotine buff but in event form

Let s be honest: It's like the Civil Warrior buff in event form.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

AMS94 said:

I don't remember the last time we had an event which was this hated, & rightfully so
    This is like the Guillotine buff but in event form

Let s be honest: It's like the Civil Warrior buff in event form.
    I believe Guillotine's rework was far more poorly received.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★
    If the question is Cap Event vs No event, then definitely would like this one back. Some trade ability is better than none, and the ability to get either a new 7s or a dupe is nice.

Would I like it to have juicier trade offers? Absolutely.

But in general I like the event and would support its return as is, if that is the only option.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,358 Guardian
    I've already shared my complaints a lot in the past about this event, and I'm not going to repeat them here. While there were a ton of things wrong with this event that could be better, I do hope we see improved versions of this event going forward. The AG trade in was very nice and having more trade in options would be cool.
  • GarloGarlo Member Posts: 243 ★★
    Any type of event = rewards
    No event = no rewards

I'd rather get little rewards than have nothing.
    edited September 2023
    May I add that this event requires a lot of work (yeah A LOT), a lot of currency (a lot of gold for people struggling with it), and a lot of money (compared to other sales) for PURE RNG (unless you are kinda silly enough to pick CW)...
    Clearing all the milestones with a high chance of disappointment at the end doesn't seem fun from the get go
    So enjoy what you can get and if you can't get anything let it be.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,701 ★★★★
    I would like it come back with a few updates. I did spend the gold for the rank up gems and will trade in the 11 feature crystals for the 7 star crystal. Everything else wasn't worth it for me. I know that not everything is geared towards one player so I don't take offence to the offers that didnt' benefit me. If players knew a month in advance, there would be less complaining (there are some players that will always complain), it would be better. I do agree with @Garlo that some type of event that benefit me a little is better than nothing at all. I do wish there was a way to hit all the milestones witout spending.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Yes...if they do it right.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,967 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I didn't like the selfish AQ grind and store where we couldn't do much. I m curious on what Spider Ham and Jabari Panther events will be if it's gonna follow this format. I would hope better though.