**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bg meta

JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
Anyone else hate the gc nodes? Ngl I forget I can’t parry every other match and take a 5 combo to the face at the start. That honestly is on me, buuuut, I’ve maybe had 2/20 matches where I would rather finish the match than pause, either from lack of build up or lack of damage in first minute. It’s pretty boring and unfulfilling to add prowess that fast. What do y’all think. For
Example shuri is dog water and just provides willlpower since she’s build up (learnt the hard way). If anyone could tell me which champs work in this meta, very much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Lots of mystics work well. Tech with armor breaks are good too. But I hate it too. My least favorite one (mostly because I also forget to not parry and take a 5 hit combo to the face to start too.).
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I would like the disagrees to chime in. Was arcane last season but this season just feels so weird idk what it is can’t win anything
  • Options

Just use the right champions and it is a fairly simple meta. First time I've ever hit mysterium in GC.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Just use the right champions and it is a fairly simple meta. First time I've ever hit mysterium in GC.

That's funny. Because I've never hit Quantum, but the first half of season 11 got me up to quantum 2 without trying. But as soon as the nodes switched for the second half, I slowly started heading down and am back at uru 2 (doesn't really matter to me though).
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 408 ★★★
    This meta doesn't require skills,but just need particular champs ,
    That sucks
    And btw I'm in mysterium 1,and most of my matches I won are on drafting
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Pikolu said:

Does Black cats damage bypass the node by failing the reduction?

• Options
    Squammo said:

Pikolu said:

Does Black cats damage bypass the node by failing the reduction?

Idk, she typically ends fights in 1 sp2 anyways.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 693 ★★★
    This meta was the worst meta for me. I hated the nodes and specially the ai. Ai is not cooperative at ALL bro. After 1-2 match im raging already
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    In the one match i played in the GC i dont remember what the node did because i put my phone down and went to use the bathroom or something while the match was going lol
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I don’t mind this meta. Definitely prefer it to the easy nuke metas.

The downside is matches take longer to complete.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m having trouble even completing the objectives for the first time
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Made it to GC last night. Tried 2 matches & couldn't find a rhythm with new node, so gave up. Not a fan. I'll try again tomorrow when objectives reset. Either way, I'll take the extra Uru 3 rewards
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    edited October 2023

Made it to GC last night. Tried 2 matches & couldn't find a rhythm with new node, so gave up. Not a fan. I'll try again tomorrow when objectives reset. Either way, I'll take the extra Uru 3 rewards

The secret is to treat every enemy like they're stun immune. Then you never worry about reflect stun. Take all Domino's, shockers, OG SW, and AA off your team, their random (or not random) stuns will mess you up. Galan is a rough defender if they don't have a neutralizer. Other defenders will still be rough.

For attackers, you have 3 options. Those that can nullify/neutralize prowess (mystics typically), techs who get armor ups or do armor breaks, or nukes. The 4th option is any old Joe smo to timeout with.

Iron man is very good for this meta because he gets armor ups, and his specials invalidate prowess anyways. I've also experienced success with civil warrior. A few of my must-haves in a draft (after defenders) are Sym supreme, black cat, and sigil witch. Sym supreme you just sp3, and then 2 sp2s will typically kill anything. Sigil witch nullifies and copies up to 5 buffs on her sp3 and increases attack per buff nullified off of the enemy. With 1 prowess on myself and 6 on the enemy sassy, I dropped a 216k sp3 on his face and somehow won. Note: the sp3 minigame increases attack multiplicatively with other modifiers. Then black cat is just extremely good against defenders where she can fail abilities. One sp2 and most are dead.

Edit: nullify immunes will also be a good defender against those who primarily use mystics.
  • Options
    HugeBeanHugeBean Posts: 23
    LOL. My original post got removed. Give me a break. Thankfully only 4 more days of this terrible meta.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    Most decks I face are loaded with mystics that can nullify the buff or techs that can remove the prowess via their own abilities or the armor break/ amor up node. My mvps have been nimrod, OG iron man, hulk buster, rintrah, dr doom, mordo. And bishop is a crazy defender if you can catch them without a tech counter. Keep trying it, I struggled at first but now it’s not so bad. Draft strategy is much more important this meta
  • Options
    An r2 hulk buster killed my r5 kitty in 50 secs that’s where I gave up lol.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★

Hulkbuster is crazy fast in this meta, he’s one my favorite attackers
  • Options

Hulkbuster is crazy fast in this meta, he’s one my favorite attackers
    I don’t use many tech so maybe that’s my down fall this season, only use nimrod and sometimes shuri, I just ranked up idoom but don’t know how to play him yet
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,220 ★★★★★
    Every season there are complains about meta.
    As a game, please try to overcome these minor annoyance.

Nodes are same for both opposite parties and
    Nodes are same for all people doing BGs.

The name of the game is get higher points than your opponenet. Doens't matter if you suck like me. Reserch and get some counters upgraded.

Or Win with your Pure skills 👆

Truck Nukes metas... that's where I complain, but I keep the hate to myself. Cuz it's just a meta and is same for all players.
  • Options
    LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    This meta is not my favorite. They should not narrow the field of useable champs this much. I have the right champs but its still a poop show.