Options

New champ coming!!!

Comments

• Options
    PristineWaterPristineWater Posts: 46

Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

I'd like to know how you came up with diversity for the sake of it. She was designed by First Nations people in part.

Because, as I said, she s poorly designed, and not that much, "original" design wise.
    Love how you claim its a poor design when it's literally an original creation. Bet some of your original designs are poor too then
    Every creator has good and bad designs. I m no exception. Yes, she s an original creation, that lacks originality.
    Because she's not white?
    What does being white have to do with anything? She could be asian, middle eastern, latina, doesn't matter, either way she lacks originality. You take that outfit and put it on any other skin color and it looks bad....

The very definition of diversity means variety, that can have a lot of applications, not just skin color.
    Calling it "forced diversity" makes it about race, are you dyslexic?
    As for your comment about originality, why aren't you complaining about all the generic looking white characters in the game that lack originality too? It's only a problem when they're not white right? Lol
    You’re right, punisher 2099 has a bad design, so does titania in my opinion. On top of that you got repeat designs for captain america and spider man which is kind of annoying. So nope, it’s not only a problem when they’re white. There is a plethora of bad designs in this game, I’m just adding this new on to that list.

Right, that's not the only issue here though, you can dislike her design all you want but when you go and say "forced diversity" you're just being kind of a ****. Nobody's forcing anything on you or anyone.
    I’d like to be clear, that wasn’t me who said “forced diversity.” I just dislike this characters design.

Cheers.
    But you keep saying that person didn't say it. Make up your mind
    I never said he didn’t say it. I just said he could’ve worded it better.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,930 ★★★★★

I can tell you that when I was a kid I relished seeing someone with my background represented in popular culture. It was meaningful. So I hope this release is meaningful to some kids who pick up this character.As adults I think sometimes we are skeptical of inclusion efforts assuming someone is trying to check a box. Based on the video they released I don’t believe that is the case with this design. It’s a big world, and even bigger Battlerealm, and we should be excited to add to it. Especially if that is going to make some kid feel proud to be seen and represented in a game they love.

At that point why don’t they make a Ukrainian operator, an Islamic one, why can they only be important when they are distinctly brown/black/white. There’s no Indian champions are there? I have no quarrel with the champions ethnicity, I just Don’t. Like. The. Design.
    There are 2 Indian characters. There is a Muslim character. All in game already. And I'm sure there actually is a Ukrainian character in comics somewhere. Just shows how little research some of you do on a game you play.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

I can tell you that when I was a kid I relished seeing someone with my background represented in popular culture. It was meaningful. So I hope this release is meaningful to some kids who pick up this character.As adults I think sometimes we are skeptical of inclusion efforts assuming someone is trying to check a box. Based on the video they released I don’t believe that is the case with this design. It’s a big world, and even bigger Battlerealm, and we should be excited to add to it. Especially if that is going to make some kid feel proud to be seen and represented in a game they love.

At that point why don’t they make a Ukrainian operator, an Islamic one, why can they only be important when they are distinctly brown/black/white. There’s no Indian champions are there? I have no quarrel with the champions ethnicity, I just Don’t. Like. The. Design.
    There are 2 Indian characters. There is a Muslim character. All in game already. And I'm sure there actually is a Ukrainian character in comics somewhere. Just shows how little research some of you do on a game you play.
    Yeah I play the game, but I don’t have a pHd in childhood game ethnicity.

What university did you achieve that degree from, Wikipedia.com?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,179 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I was just saying in the other thread, but that’s still not much tbh. Only a single Muslim character and 2 Indians is barely anything. With the addition of Kushala and the new original, Natives have a total of 3 characters which isnt much either, but there seem to be a ton of well known native characters so there’ll probably be more in the near future.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

I'd like to know how you came up with diversity for the sake of it. She was designed by First Nations people in part.

Because, as I said, she s poorly designed, and not that much, "original" design wise.
    Love how you claim its a poor design when it's literally an original creation. Bet some of your original designs are poor too then
    Every creator has good and bad designs. I m no exception. Yes, she s an original creation, that lacks originality.
    Because she's not white?
    What does being white have to do with anything? She could be asian, middle eastern, latina, doesn't matter, either way she lacks originality. You take that outfit and put it on any other skin color and it looks bad....

The very definition of diversity means variety, that can have a lot of applications, not just skin color.
    As for your comment about originality, why aren't you complaining about all the generic looking white characters in the game that lack originality too? It's only a problem when they're not white right? Lol
    You’re right, punisher 2099 has a bad design, so does titania in my opinion. On top of that you got repeat designs for captain america and spider man which is kind of annoying. So nope, it’s not only a problem when they’re white. There is a plethora of bad designs in this game, I’m just adding this new on to that list.

Right, that's not the only issue here though, you can dislike her design all you want but when you go and say "forced diversity" you're just being kind of a ****. Nobody's forcing anything on you or anyone.
    I’d like to be clear, that wasn’t me who said “forced diversity.” I just dislike this characters design.

Cheers.
    "I'd like to be clear, that wasn't me who said forced diversity but I did side with the racist who said it", got it.
    I sided with the “racists” dislike of the character design, yeah. Does that mean if I also side with his love for apple pie it makes it a bad thing?
  • Options

"They have Native Americans. We don't need any more."
    Sound about right?

There are plenty of amazing Native American champs that could get added, who said we have too many?
    The view that says they should add existing ones said it.

This is a Kabam creation. The storyline, the design, all of it is new. It might have some elements we've seen before, but having a similar arc isn't exactly a new thing in the gaming industry. I'm sorry but the issue is clear. Whether you think they're unoriginal for creating a Native character, or you think it's diversity for the sake of it, that's an ignorant view.

It's also not going to hold water for Canadians like myself, or the game team, or especially the people who contributed their own personal history to the design. You see, while the rest of the world was scoffing at the genocide in places like Europe, Canada had its own genocide. The Native people of Canada were forced into reserves, which were basically fenced-in areas. The people were fed alcohol to keep them subdued enough not to fight (which no doubt contributed to the rampant alcoholism we see today), even as early as the early 1800s when residential schools were opened to "civilize the savages" (aka Christianize them), which was supported by a number of the people found on our money. Those schools were a home for various forms of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. Children removed from homes at gun point, to be abused and lectured on the "privilege of going home to celebrate Christmas". Some were even sold.
    Generations of oppression and cover-ups for a people who first occupied this land, and the beginnings of some of the truths coming to the surface.
    If they want to create a Native character, I give them all the power in the world.
    Blah blah blah, tldr. You need to calm down, this is a children’s game, someone dislikes the design, stop making it such a big deal.

No one brought race into except you guys trying to use any opportunity to bring it up.
    Nice attempt to whitewash the issue, but the idea of forced diversity was brought up.
    Nice attempt at bringing up race yet again. “Whitewash” is that what you guys are using now? How about you stop trying to “native Americanize” someone talking abt forced diversity…

He worded his sentence wrong, and clearly you guys found that out. But at the end of the day he just dislikes the characters design.

"Nice attempt at bringing up race yet again. “Whitewash” is that what you guys are using now? How about you stop trying to “native Americanize” someone talking abt forced diversity…"

I rest my case.
    Don’t be mad, be better.

Cheers 🍻

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I was the one who said that a FORCED diversity is bad, not because it s diversity, but because it s FORCED. You can do the same thing with a GOOD design, or an already existed character. I don t have to apologize to stupid people that want to turn my words in to racism. And it s forced not because they add the characters in a celebratory month, but because of what I already said about the design, and they marketing plan kabam had, and made a character like that.

And "like that" is about the design, again, I have to clarify everything for the stupid 12yo in the forums.
  • Options
    Our main thread for the weekend folks
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,259 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

A colorful, diversity forced mess.

Just say you’re racist
    Searmenis said:

Yeah, I was the one who said that a FORCED diversity is bad, not because it s diversity, but because it s FORCED. You can do the same thing with a GOOD design, or an already existed character. I don t have to apologize to stupid people that want to turn my words in to racism. And it s forced not because they add the characters in a celebratory month, but because of what I already said about the design, and they marketing plan kabam had, and made a character like that.

And "like that" is about the design, again, I have to clarify everything for the stupid 12yo in the forums.

You’re really making no sense, just because you disliked the design then it’s forced?? What do you mean?
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

Because she's not white?

Cheers.
    "I'd like to be clear, that wasn't me who said forced diversity but I did side with the racist who said it", got it.
    I sided with the “racists” dislike of the character design, yeah. Does that mean if I also side with his love for apple pie it makes it a bad thing?
    It wouldn't be a bad thing, however this is a completely different topic and you're willingly defending the racist saying people made it about race for no reason when the racist was the one that claimed it was forced diversity in the first place. Don't try to straw man your way out of this one lol
    Never defended him, I said at least two or three times now that he could’ve worded it better.

I just don’t like the characters design lol.

Calm down, and have a good evening! 🍻
  • Options

I'm not mad. I just think it's interesting when someone argues they're not being ignorant towards other races and sensitive issues, then they display their ignorance.

It’s like this every time, on June with LGBTQ+ characters and every Diversity affirmation new champs, they can’t hold themselves
    Nah racial diversity I can get, it’s something that we need more of nowadays. That lgbtq illness is a whole different ball game. Spreading a mental disorder in a child’s game is downright insane…

Ahhhh, you guys are interesting sometimes haha!

Cheers 🍻
    Well I think you should, if you’re not ready for the game imagine for the world. If it’s a child’s game then why you’re here? Also illness? Spreading false allegations and being homophobic, I wonder how you think 😂
  • Options

I'm not mad. I just think it's interesting when someone argues they're not being ignorant towards other races and sensitive issues, then they display their ignorance.

It’s like this every time, on June with LGBTQ+ characters and every Diversity affirmation new champs, they can’t hold themselves
    Nah racial diversity I can get, it’s something that we need more of nowadays. That lgbtq illness is a whole different ball game. Spreading a mental disorder in a child’s game is downright insane…

Cheers 🍻
    Uh oh
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,399 ★★★★★
    Okay i was wrong. Maybe this is actually the weekend thread
  • Options

Cheers 🍻
    Well I think you should, if you’re not ready for the game imagine for the world. If it’s a child’s game then why you’re here? Also illness? Spreading false allegations and being homophobic, I wonder how you think 😂
    Not homophobic, that would mean I’m scared of you guys 😉

• Options

Cheers 🍻
    This, was clearly a joke. Another example of people that can t understand what they re reading.
  • Options

Cheers 🍻
    Trigger warning

That’s crazy,

Still hope you have a good day lol
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Cheers 🍻
    This, was clearly a joke. Another example of people that can t understand what they re reading.
    Not even your comment how do you know? Make it make sense
  • Options

Cheers 🍻
    Not homophobic, that would mean I’m scared of you guys 😉

We found the real illiterate
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Okay i was wrong. Maybe this is actually the weekend thread

This is going to go the next year at this point. I’m honestly just going to sign off the thread. I don’t need to be attacked by every single part of the diversity movements.

Hope you guys have a good evening,
    God bless!

• Options

Searmenis said:

Cheers 🍻
    Not even your comment how do you know? Make it make sense
    the "haha" in the end and the "chhers" plus the forced exaggeration (escalation?) of the topic?
This discussion has been closed.