RESPECT KUSHALA! πŸ”₯πŸ’€

SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 493 Content Creator
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
I've seen a surprising amount of people dissing on Kushala and her upcoming arrival to MCOC, so I thought as someone who's rather invested in the character, it would be cool to put together a quick thread detailing why I'm excited for this character!

Let's start with her origins.

Kushala was an Apache woman living in the mid-1800's, who upon seeing her tribe slaughtered by American soldiers, desperately called to a higher power for help. In all her fury, Kushala's calls were answered by a demonic force and so she became the Spirit Rider - burning her foes with hellfire until all that remained were their spirits.

Roaming the Earth, Kushala sought to learn everything about the mystic arts in an effort to quell or control her curse, which ultimately resulted in her becoming the Sorcerer Supreme of her era. This makes Kushala extremely powerful - her powers, abilities and feats including, but (of course) not limited to:

- Pyrokinesis, which allows her to manipulate and control hellfire - even to form weapons like swords and tomahawks
- Can summon a flaming horse at will, which also allows her to fly
- Expertise of Magic and Spells (she claims to know ALL magic, including binding spells, Earth magic, Nordic magic, chaos magic and more)
- Time & Multiversal travel
- Soul manipulation
- Teleportation
- Magic shield projection
- Resurrection

Later on, Kushala faces off against Doctor Doom, who is hellbent on ending Kushala and her family line so that he may gain complete control over free will and the multiverse. Their battle is nothing short of glorious.

Overall, I'm SUPER excited to see the Spirit Rider in-game, and I hope you are too! Thanks for reading! πŸ”₯πŸ’€

Β«1

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,283 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I love this but I feel like the title and first sentence of this post are gonna fuel some fires that were put out yesterday by Miike, and now that it's the weekend they'll be here till Monday

ahmynuts said:

I love this but I feel like the title and first sentence of this post are gonna fuel some fires that were put out yesterday by Miike

The way I see it, I think a lot of people are just making assumptions because they didn't see any art of Kushala with a flaming skull, chains or a motorcycle. From what we've seen in the official MCOC reveal, she doesn't resemble the typical Ghost Rider when it comes to those things (although she DOES have a flaming skull and a motorcycle in source material).

I've even seen someone say that Kushala is "barely a Ghost Rider." Which is just.. not true at all lol.

This thread is to moreso quell those misconceptions. I wanted to shed light on those things while also acknowledging that yes, there does seem to be some early pushback. Which probably will cease to exist the moment that Kabam show off her animations.

P.S. Titling something "Respect [X character]" explaining who they are and listing a bunch of cool things about them is not a rare thing outside of these forums.
    I agree with you and fully understand and support the intent and stuff behind it all it's just that this was really overblown yesterday, so I fear that coming in here telling people to respect her and stop dissing her will accidentally do the opposite and bring more people in with the pitchforks and awful takes.

There was a thread yesterday made after the really bad one of just someone asking what was going on, and it already started getting bad with the first comment before Miike shut it down before I assume going to bed lol.

ahmynuts said:

I love this but I feel like the title and first sentence of this post are gonna fuel some fires that were put out yesterday by Miike, and now that it's the weekend they'll be here till Monday

Morons are gonna be morons, not much we can do.
    Absolutely valid point
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,113 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Better idea. Screw kushala, buff ghost rider. The OGs should all have a good base kit if they are going to add alternatives
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,800 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Better idea. The OGs should all have a good base kit if they are going to add alternatives

My contention as well. There shouldn’t be mainstay characters that are trash and have no use.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Also I don’t see why people would want Robbie, just a Ghost Rider in a Car. The things Khushala does are beyond that, not only she rides as Spirit of Vengeance but she also wields the powers of a Sorcerer Supreme and First People magic, a perfect mix of Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange and Shaman, demonic, Eldritch all kinds of magic

Personal preference is a thing, I'm glad we're getting Kushala regardless but everyone has their own opinions.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I wanted Robbie

I hope he joins soon!
    I'm sure he will eventually, I'm happy with Kushala regardless.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm glad for those who wanted her in the Contest. I'm sure she'll get a decent kit and you'll all be happy with her on your roster. It will be interesting to see where they go with her synergies.

I'd have preferred Echo myself, but everyone's different.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 493 Content Creator
    Crcrcrc said:

I just hope she has a flame on mode like torch where we see her as the spirit of vengeance with the skull head

There's no way we won't get that, right?
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 445 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Crcrcrc said:

I just hope she has a flame on mode like torch where we see her as the spirit of vengeance with the skull head

There's no way we won't get that, right?
    LOL… I wish!! But no way lol. Best we’ll get is a flamed out sp3 animation

• SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 493 Content Creator
    Why not? OG Ghost Rider can transform back into Johnny, and Cosmic Ghost Rider can transform back into Frank. The same way that Kushala can transform.

Besides, Kushala was created by the same Champion Designer who did Absorbing Man.. so that gives me high hopes.