Tigra gets parried when hitting into the block

LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
Using Tigra
* I got parried once hitting into the block in war (can't remember who)
* I got parried hitting into the block of Penni in the last BG season
* I got parried hitting into block of Fantman during a practice machine, as per the video

This using an iPad Air (5th gen) with OS 16.6.1 on my home WiFi.

https://youtu.be/IAwhMz_M7xc

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,309 ★★★★★
    It looked like he dropped his guard for a sec and then parried you. Odd
  • JLordVileJLordVile Member Posts: 44
    Correct me if I am wrong, I am not a pro, but isn't there something in future ant mans kit that means that if you finsih a combo and the last hit glances, it stuns you? I dunno but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.
  • cartman_braa2cartman_braa2 Member Posts: 107
    Not with Tigra it’s happening with many other champion, a lot . Champion using block break are getting parry also the fact , opponents are using special while I am attacking and in the middle this dosent even make sense and worst part is u can’t even record ur gameplay
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    JLordVile said:

Correct me if I am wrong, I am not a pro, but isn't there something in future ant mans kit that means that if you finsih a combo and the last hit glances, it stuns you? I dunno but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.

"When opponent's combo ender glances, inflict a stun debuff for 1,5 seconds"
    It works only when surging swarm is active.
    It has nothing to do with this clip though. The hits were thrown into block and the stun activated at second hit in combo, the first light attack to be precise. We even saw "parry" pop-up in right side of the screen.
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    I made a post about this when it happened with Lady Deathstrike fighting Torch, it has nothing to do with Fantman’s stun ability. Sadly, still no response from the dev team. This is such an annoying bug though, you can’t risk hitting into block or else you’ll get comboed to death.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/348874/ai-changes-are-infuriating#latest
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,109 ★★★★★
    AI can reparry now huh
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Can one of those Guardian people nudge the Devs? Is it a bug or intentional?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★★
    Any double medium risks this, for over a year+ mow
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Nothing to do with Tigra, the AI can (and will) do that more often now, especially the PvP AI (War, BG, Arena as you mentioned).
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Kabam !!?!?!?!
    Are we not supposed to hit the BLOCK now? If you guys did not tuned it up then it's quite clear in this video that AI evolved on its own. Do something before we have another Ultron situation !!!!

Passive AI, player try to hit block repeatedly, get stunned for no reason. So I urge you all to keep commenting on this video and not let this thread die down like other ones.
  • Kyllak11Kyllak11 Member Posts: 98
    Lol this happens to me a lot
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike you said in the other thread that this needs to be adressed as individual bugs right? Well the OP gave all the information you need, is this going to be adressed or not?

Likely not, Kabam asked for video proof, here it is but it's getting silently ignored till it falls in irrelevant section of forums, keep this thread alive.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Member Posts: 327 ★★
    Got parried by NF 3-4 times on hitting his block in AW, "AI IS NOT CHANGED" so i am the one who is delusional.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    Pretty sure this was a thing with Blade in EOP as well. Everyone hit it on the head with the double medium though. Speaking of AI, I was fighting a NC the other day and he was sitting in the corner tapping block repeatedly. Looked like he was having convulsions or something. Is what it is unfortunately.
  • MofuggerMofugger Member Posts: 84
    I was just going through exploration for 8.2. In 8.2.4 there is an Invade path which rewards hitting into the block. I was parried mid-combo several times on this path by Beast, Guardian, and HB. First time I encountered it. If it weren't also a Life Transfer path I would've been quite displeased instead of just mildly frustrated.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    That has been happening for a while
    I remember it happening at the time of EOP
    It's just that it has gotten a lot more common now, & hence more people are talking about it
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Pretty sure this was a thing with Blade in EOP as well. Everyone hit it on the head with the double medium though. Speaking of AI, I was fighting a NC the other day and he was sitting in the corner tapping block repeatedly. Looked like he was having convulsions or something. Is what it is unfortunately.

And Kabam has never commented on it since then. I first experienced it with BWDO… and it impacts BGs and AW to the point where I think the double medium is a drawback as a design feature
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    Not a single aknowledgment, i truly want to understand why kabam does this kind of things, they close almost every thread about the AI saying that you need to report as individual bugs, provide informations and videos and etc...now people do that and kabam remains constantly silent
    Just why?
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    The last time moderators commented on a thread it was october 11th for Jax and 14th for Miike, i understand that bg brawl is probably taking a lot of their time, but c'mon that's too much time without any comment on anything