Kabam ๐Ÿ‘ on the 2 new Native American champs incoming..now how about some Muslim/Arab champions

heirDEZheirDEZ Member Posts: 139 โ˜…โ˜…
edited October 2023 in General Discussion

Monet st. Croix
Amulet
Dust

Post edited by Kabam Jax on
ยซ13

Comments

• predatorrpredatorr Member Posts: 71 โ˜…
    Ne mutlu tรผrkรผm diyene
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,889 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Maat1985 said:

Due to ongoing war, releasing an arab champ may be inappropriate currently.

sterotyping all arabs under the umbrella of hamas is not good to do, nor is it accurate, nor does it have any basis in any logic.
    Obviously not all arabs are Palestinians. Ik it very well, but how could you explain it to common summoners? Most of em probably have this misconception. Also they scrapped red guardian buff due to ukraine/russian war. So it is unlikely for them to introduce to arab based marvel character in the current scenario.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Agree.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Polygon said:

What about Anton Vanko (Crimson Dynamo) (Earth-616), an Armenian champ?

Oh wait, i forgot, people only know of whats going on with Israel/Pali and not Armenia/Azerbaijan

And it's literally the only one Marvel has btw

007Bishop said:

We need champs defined by their popularity, not by their race or other close to meaningless stuff like sexuality

Nah representation is important. Not every race/sexuality had equal opportunity since the beginning, so we need to give special representations to specific under represented groups. So definitely we need champs with diverse backgrounds from minority/under represented communities.
    I understand representation and inclusivity matters but how exactly does it help people in this game? As a person of colour myself, I frankly would not care if they added champs that belong to the same race as me. Is the highest rarity of the champ going to be available to everyone that belongs to that particular race/region? Does it help fight inequality in the real world? Please explain how representation matters here?
    I think maybe representation of various characters help the player to relate with their particular character... Representation matters for the same reason we celebrate pride month in the game. It gives a sense of inclusivity for different players. I actually couldn't think a reason to say how is it going to fight inequality in real life. Obviously you have a point, Even I agree that representation in a game is not going to change any inequality in real life. But it may help the player to relate with a character of shared identity. (sounds silly but back in 2019 My irl friend who suggested this game, used to have kamala khan profile pic because her name sounds " Indian". )
    Wicket329 said:

As we all know, a character does not need to be well known to be an absolute monster in this game (Ghost, CGR, Hulkling, Nimrod, BWCV, the list goes on for miles).

Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™ve never understood the โ€œjust make good championsโ€ counterpoint. We all want that. Nobodyโ€™s asking for a champ to be made badly. If OP had said โ€œhey, these are some of my personal favorite characters and Iโ€™d love to see them in the game,โ€ nobody would bat an eye. But because OP said that representation is part of why they are some of their favorites, suddenly the quality of the champion is brought into question. It doesnโ€™t make sense.

Representation does not matter to everybody the same way. Thatโ€™s totally fine. I can say that when I see a champion from my community, it makes me happy, and I hope that people from other communities get to experience that as well.

Exactly. People always question merit when someone says about diversity and representation. Both in game and real life.
    It's not like we are going to introduce a trash champ or someone outside of marvel universe in the name of diversity. Lol.
  • DeepworldDeepworld Member Posts: 285 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Maat1985 said:

sterotyping all arabs under the umbrella of hamas is not good to do, nor is it accurate, nor does it have any basis in any logic.
    Considering they scrapped a buff for a Russian character during the start of the Russia Ukraine conflict, heโ€™s right.
    Wait who were they going to buff?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited October 2023
    Ruwqiersa said:

We need champs defined by their popularity, not by their race or other close to meaningless stuff like sexuality

Nah representation is important. Not every race/sexuality had equal opportunity since the beginning, so we need to give special representations to specific under represented groups. So definitely we need champs with diverse backgrounds from minority/under represented communities.
    What inequality those minorities faced that somehow related to them being in this game meaning anything important?
    It's important in all of life.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Deepworld said:

Maat1985 said:

Considering they scrapped a buff for a Russian character during the start of the Russia Ukraine conflict, heโ€™s right.
    Wait who were they going to buff?
    They never confirmed who, but it was most likely Red Guardian. That is a unique situation in that Red Guardian is specifically an avatar of Russian imperialistic aggression. He is a soldier of his government, and that same real world government had just launched an imperialistic invasion. It was all just too on the nose.
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

What inequality those minorities faced that somehow related to them being in this game meaning anything important?
    It's important in all of life.
    What?
This discussion has been closed.