• Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 500 ★★★
    I’m not into Everest content so I don’t really care
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,217 ★★★★
    Rewards better be worth it
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,824 ★★★★★
    I only touch everything content when my roster is vastly superior to what was used on launch. For example I've never done labyrinth, when in with a full roster of 6r4 and 7r1 just to see, and made it halfway through a path before I needed a revive. That's when I'll touch everest content.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,561 ★★★★
    Will AEgon still be relevant in this new content?
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 448 ★★★

Do we know what that purple looking crystal is?
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,845 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

I assume yes. He’s just to good for such content. My prophecy is he will shine again
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,173 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

No. This is a roster check, meaning that no one champion will be good for a lot of it
  • Options
    Squammo said:

My guess is t6cc
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 820 ★★★★
    flapjax said:

Honestly all everest content feels this way when they're a revive fiesta, despite them saying they don't want us just spamming revives on content.

I actually believe this is a sincere desire from Kabam. When they say they don't want us just draining all our resources or using units to get through a fight, it makes sense. Mostly because that's not enjoyable for us and ends up harming the game overall. We get depleted of resources, units, get frustrated, our opinion of the game and content becomes negative, that festers, etc... Kabam doesn't want that. What's the benefit to them if it's short term? Sure they get our units and cause us to use all our resources but if we burn out and quit, that hurts them in the long-run.

It's often more convenient and easy for us to use revives (for me at least) because the thought of backing out and starting all over is exhausting. I also don't have the skill, but that's my limitation, not Kabam or the content's fault. My skill has raised quite a bit from when I first started and I can now clear content I previously couldn't without issue - even if I use the equivalent champions I would have had back when I first attempted it.

Yes, Abyss is challenging and Necropolis will be even more so - but we've seen it from plenty of content creators. The fights are soloable. Look at BG's itemless challenge as an example, no it's not Abyss or Necropolis but how many people at the time thought those fights were revive fests and impossible to do without items, especially revives?

We've seen people solo Abyss fights. Kabam has already stated Necropolis fights can be solo'd too.

I'm looking forward to the challenge, but I'm not expecting to solo things easily or regularly.
    I do believe I will push myself to fully explore the Necropolis though, unlike Abyss.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 448 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Squammo said:

My guess is t6cc
    Could definitely be, but in my opinion they just don’t really seem to fit in there. Personally I hope it’s something else like full rank up gem crystals, but that’s probably hoping for too much. That being said it really interesting how t6cc have been out for a while now, but so far we never saw what a full crystal looks like.

• Options
    Squammo said:

Pikolu said:

Squammo said:

My guess is t6cc
    Could definitely be, but in my opinion they just don’t really seem to fit in there. Personally I hope it’s something else like full rank up gem crystals, but that’s probably hoping for too much. That being said it really interesting how t6cc have been out for a while now, but so far we never saw what a full crystal looks like.

I expect that is going to change. And very soon. We're obviously on the cusp of t4a frags and r3s everywhere. So I expect to see full t6c alot more often and soon.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 820 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Your point would be solid if there weren't "die now" mechanics in all of these pieces of content

I agree with you, I absolutely hate those, as well as the damage caps. But those are ways of trying to force us to grow as players and evolve. Abyss' exhaustion timer was mitigated with things like slow for instance. Do they mean that we're under increased pressure? Yes. Absolutely. But there are ways to manage them and with the fights being soloable, that means the pressure is on us to grow and level up.

Hitting “max enrage” during the Necropolis doesn't instantly kill us. It causes the defender to go stun immune, immune to all power control, passively unblockable and gain 15% of a bar of power per second. But this is actually an improvement from Abyss and LOL. They're not unstoppable, so we can still intercept and attack into them. We don't need slow to manage this. What do we need? If we can manipulate the AI with taunt/infuriate and get really lucky with an aggressive defender so they throw specials. Or if we have access to invulnerability and can tank a special. If the defender is close enough to death and we have multiple damage sources then no - not an auto-lose. Ideal? No. Yeah, we’re still probably looking at four and a half to five minute fights max and if you can’t end by then, death may not be automatic but it’s inevitable, which is extremely fitting for "the Necropolis". But again, it's possible to solo these fights, so there are ways of doing it within the time frame they're giving us.

Yes, I would love for there to be no damage cap so that Proxima can actually show her upper limits for once. So that G99 can be fully unleashed, etc... but we've seen players find ways to use Electro to deal millions of reflection damage in a single hit. Unfortunately, damage caps will always be part of content like this otherwise things like this would be used and most aspects of the fights would be pointless.

I'd love to see no "inevitable death" timers but that's there to push us to find ways around it. We can't spend twenty minutes in a fight, so instead we should be looking specifically for characters who can ramp, do so relatively quickly, hit the damage cap consistently, apply multiple sources of damage so that even when we don't hit the cap the defender health is constantly depleting, etc...

Sounds like G99 will still be very useful. Stryfe. Wong. Kate Bishop (except for the against the ropes trap paths). Shuri.

I'm eager. I'm anxious and intimidated, but also very excited.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Squammo said:

Maybe random 7* Awakening Gem. When giving away 7* R3 Gem, Awakening Gem doesn’t sound too crazy.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    My whole concern is Kabam equating difficulty to unavoidable death. To me, a difficult fight is one that might have some challenging node combinations, make you think outside the box on the appropriate counter, reward you for performing specific actions in a fight etc. Not “hit them X number of times, die, then rinse and repeat the entire path.”
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★
    It's not skill when defenders randomly evade or you can only hit them 150 times.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It's not skill when defenders randomly evade or you can only hit them 150 times.

No evade
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,376 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Squammo said:

Maybe random 7* Awakening Gem. When giving away 7* R3 Gem, Awakening Gem doesn’t sound too crazy.
    But two gems at once, nah
    I have a even crazier theory, it must be t7cc crystal, yes t7cc☠️
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    It is t6cc, we saw that crystal in a July fourth offer that no one picked up
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I haven't explored LOL....only did a completion run
    Haven't even touched AOL
    And won't be doing this as well
    This is just not the type of content that I enjoy bcoz of the "die now & come at us again" style mechanics

They always claim they "don't want us to spam revives" & then come out with content which is intentionally designed to be cleared by spamming revives
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,752 ★★★★★
    All Everest-type of content embodies exactly what I dislike on this game: basically forced use of revives (MSD/Swedeah-type of godly players aside), because of artificial dmg caps/fight time caps. And what for? Hours upon hours of mindlessly chipping off enemy HP.

Anyway that's just my POV. I feel like Kabam are trying to take steps in the right direction (making enrage less brutal, delaying it w strikers and independant on time/hits etc), but I am still gonna pass on it, especially since revive availability was butchered and there ain't no way I'm grinding arena for tens of hours to get 10k units, only to spend many more hours doing the same.
  • Options
    Man, I don’t know … a single run won‘t hurt that much. I‘ve done Abyss long ago with 5* … just the easy path with almost all the famous Horsemen. Ægon, Torch, Symbio Supreme (had Doom as well, but people said Symbio better for easy path here in Forum), Heimdall for Synergy and I don’t really know who else cause I had no Nick Fury at that time (but didn’t really miss him much, Invisible Woman wasn’t a big threat).
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,173 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Man, I don’t know … a single run won‘t hurt that much. I‘ve done Abyss long ago with 5* … just the easy path with almost all the famous Horsemen. Ægon, Torch, Symbio Supreme (had Doom as well, but people said Symbio better for easy path here in Forum), Heimdall for Synergy and I don’t really know who else cause I had no Nick Fury at that time (but didn’t really miss him much, Invisible Woman wasn’t a big threat).

It's more about the principal of the thing now imo. We know that Kabam KNOW everyone hates the "die now" mechanics and that they are horrible design and would be best left out but they chose to include it anyway to punish skilled players. If i can enter into the Necropolis with a 5 star groot and am skilled enough to solo a fight i should be able to do that, instead you cant because theres an arbitrary timer in place where if you dont deal enough damage in a certain amount of time you die. Which is dumb
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Reviveathon or not, I believe an initial completion run of the ‘easiest’ path will be worth it, but not full exploration.

I did one run of the Abyss way back when (I also did an aborted run, when I had hopes of exploration). It was not fun, and definitely a grind. But the reward was worth it then for the progression levels that were available at the time. Abyss rewards are not worth it now, even for a full exploration, and with the current top level of progression being what it is.

It’s like buying a car; these rewards depreciate the instant they are released.

I’m gonna approach Necropolis the same way - do one run as an investment to what the next progression level will require.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ahmynuts said:

WOLF_LINK said:

It's more about the principal of the thing now imo. We know that Kabam KNOW everyone hates the "die now" mechanics and that they are horrible design and would be best left out but they chose to include it anyway to punish skilled players. If i can enter into the Necropolis with a 5 star groot and am skilled enough to solo a fight i should be able to do that, instead you cant because theres an arbitrary timer in place where if you dont deal enough damage in a certain amount of time you die. Which is dumb
    Dumb but also smart because it drives crystal sales to acquire the newest best top tier rarities. Otherwise no one would have ever bothered to acquire or use and rank up 6 and 7*.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Looking back, enjoyed most of the Abyss actually, even tho it did consume a good number of Revives/Units (thousands).

Worst fight was IM IW cause I tried some pro strategy from a YouTube Video but I was just not skilled enough. Ended up bruteforcing my way through him with Ægon and would have saved a couple hundred Units if I had used Ægon from the start.

Even 5* Torch and Symbio were able to solo most of their own fights actually.