**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does kabam want summoners to hoard or not?? Or do they not mind either way?

The last time there was an event that benefitted hoarding was a while ago, where they allowed summoners to exchange a large number of lower value items for higher value items, with the exchange I think if I recall peaking at a swap to receive a 6 star generic awakening gem.

There hasn’t been anything since then, until caps commissary, where there were 2 specific deals that massively rewarding hoarding.

The 1.5 mill loyalty deal for a 7 star.
The 165k 6 star shards deal for a 7 star.

I had enough loyalty to access the loyalty deal. But I couldn’t earn enough 6 star shards during the event to get the 165k shards. I was close. But if I had hoarded before the event, I would have achieved it easily.

So yeah, do kabam want us to hoard? These sporadic events kind of push summoners in that direction (or to spend units/ cash of course to get the required items). In particular for f2p, hoarding seems to be now encouraged with these types of events.

Finally, does hoarding have any detrimental effect on kabams servers or not , or any detrimental effect at all?

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    You misspelled "saving".
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    In that event, both loyalty and 6* shards were available for units. So it’s not strictly exchanging hoarded goods for rewards.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Currencies and champion crystals are not considered hoarding.
    Have you ever seen a multi millionare being called a hoarder?
    Hoarding is for useless items, take a peak at any episode of "Hoarders". The things you are naming is called resource management.