Can Adam Warlock be reliant ?

Blax999Blax999 Member Posts: 82
Hey guys,
I've just R3 my (unduped) Adam Warlock. In BG defense he does not do really great (and I think I will put him out from my deck).
But in offence, I've only used him in ROL and diverse quests and well, sometimes he is brilliant and sometimes, the unblockable falls off without me hitting the opponent or himself throwing any special. Can he be reliant with more practice ? I've directly fallen in love with Fant-man's gameplay but I've hard time liking Adam's...

Comments

• ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    He’s a high risk high reward champ. If you invest time to learn him then you can definitely get some good results. I’ve been using him and have a lot of success. The unblockable falls off automatically if the timer expires, pause it by hitting the defender, baiting out specials, throwing your own specials, using your striker, and you can also activate your pod once per fight which will also pause it. Your need to play aggressive and read the defender.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,377 ★★★★★
    Once you get used to his mechanics he can be useful but don't expect him to be able to take Korgs and Things left and right. I really only have mine in my deck so I can counter FAM and Peni since my only other counter is Hulkling and sometimes I just can't draft him.
    He can handle some meta defenders like Peni, FAM, Viv and OS for sure but most of them he can't so unless your deck is already full and you want to counter specifically those few meta defenders, I wouldn't advice keeping him on your deck.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

What's pathetic is that you just have to be perfect at every dash in dash out and positioning because AI these days after finishing the specials will "Cancel" their animations to land a parry from nowhere.

As a r5 owner, I’m hoping this AI overhaul coming next month fixes this.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    He is amazing, have many more fights like this
  • JHRanchJHRanch Member Posts: 71
    PT_99 said:

What's pathetic is that you just have to be perfect at every dash in dash out and positioning because AI these days after finishing the specials will "Cancel" their animations to land a parry from nowhere.

fr lmao
  • Blax999Blax999 Member Posts: 82
    I totally agree for the absence of stun immunity. If he could even block in the pod, it will be "enough", but yes many matchups cannot be done with this... (But maybe with sig 200 it would enough because the opponent is always stun while hitting, idk).
    And thanks for the replies.
    I use him today in AQ, I've still problems when my opponents does not want to throw any specials (despite the infuriate). So well I think I will continue use him when my survival is not at stake, and maybe one day I would be more confident with his gameplay to bring him to big contents !
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

This is the real problem right here.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

PT_99 said:

He's unblockable though...
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

PT_99 said:

Well then AI will just "cancel" their animation to backdraft into light attack followed by combo, making you lose your unblockable, laugh and go passive again.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,377 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

BeastDad said:

PT_99 said:

Well then AI will just "cancel" their animation to backdraft into light attack followed by combo, making you lose your unblockable, laugh and go passive again.
    Never trigger sovereignty counter unless you got them cornered. If you wanna use him safely, you have to corner them first that way you won't get punished for intercepting, they'll either hold block or dash in but you'll always get the intercept.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    He’s actually very good and can be reliable in the right matchups.
    You just need to know which defender you are fighting. Like for example, I wouldn’t recommend taking him against anyone who goes unstoppable frequently, any evaders, falter, shruggers, or matchups where you can easily mess up and lose your counter, as he can’t really counter these. Even someone like Nimrod can mess with his rotation by going unstoppable occasionally
  • ErmanHarith0802ErmanHarith0802 Member Posts: 49
    As someone who owns a r4 ascended sig 195 Adam, I feel you really need AI cooperation. If the AI sidesteps you, most of the time you are bound to lose your sovereign buffs but if the AI plays ball, he can finish an average BG fight in like 30-50 seconds
  • ErmanHarith0802ErmanHarith0802 Member Posts: 49

As someone who owns a r4 ascended sig 195 Adam, I feel you really need AI cooperation. If the AI sidesteps you, most of the time you are bound to lose your sovereign buffs but if the AI plays ball, he can finish an average BG fight in like 30-50 seconds

Also having the awakened ability will make him better on defense since the opponent will have to risk getting stunned if they hit the pod
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    EdisonLaw said:

He’s actually very good and can be reliable in the right matchups.
    You just need to know which defender you are fighting. Like for example, I wouldn’t recommend taking him against anyone who goes unstoppable frequently, any evaders, falter, shruggers, or matchups where you can easily mess up and lose your counter, as he can’t really counter these. Even someone like Nimrod can mess with his rotation by going unstoppable occasionally

Obviously its better not to use him for unstoppable matchups, but there IS a way you can make him work. I've done it a few times cuz I throw Adam into almost any matchup lol (kinda like cgr, why worry about utility when u can just beat em to death in a minute).

Against nodes like fight or flight:
    If they go unstoppable, dash back and wait till the last second of his sovereignity counter, then activate the pod. If you don't have access to the pod anymore, you can throw your unblockable specials (sp1 is better for this, it has a stun on it too). The goal here is to preserve his sovereignity counter. I wouldn't recommend this strategy for war or bgs (why risk it?), but it works fine for questing.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Yeah but you can only activate the pod once per fight, except for the sp2