**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

GAME DOESN'T SEEM FAIR AND EQUAL FOR ALL

13»

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Golivarez said:

It’s definitely unfair when you see the opponents loaded with top tier champs you can’t pull cuz RNG says you can’t have them. It’s embarrassing that this hasn’t been fixed yet

Clear Skill issue
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

obsidiman said:

Crossy76 said:

No one is arguing that it isn’t “super rare”, just that it isn’t impossible. Weird stuff happens all the time: two-headed calves, albino buffalo, the New York Rangers winning the Stanley Cup.

When it happens to you, it seems like something is rigged, because you can’t comprehend how the mathematically impossible “whatever” hit you, but that’s how life works.

so how often do you see two headed calves ?
    daily or in every station or every farm ? since , its not impossible to have two headed calves in every farm right ?
    My goodness @Crossy76 have you not read any of this?

Probability (the likelihood of something happening) and possibility (something that may happen) are not the same thing. Yes two headed calves are rare, a low PROBABILTY occurrence. But just because you've never seen one doesn't mean the POSSIBILITY of one doesn't exist. Yup... highly improbable that every farm everywhere doesn't have a two headed calf. Doesn't mean that the possibility doesn't exist.
    You and @TheCaptain412 are the only 2 people arguing about possibility and probability. No one is saying it’s not possible to be the one having to place first 57 times. But only in the past week, there have been numerous threads by different people with the same statement that they are either placing first all the time or placing second all the time. The probability of this happening is so low that something seems amiss. People are just asking if it’s truly RNG or algorithm based. No one is saying it’s impossible because it is happening.
    @Graves_3 EVERYONE is saying it isn't possible to pick 1st 57 times in a row. @TheCaptain412 and I are pointing out that A)It is possible because according to all the post its supposedly happening, B)The fact that it's happening is something that has a low probability of happening, and C)That it's more scrutinized because it's seen as a negative for players in their BG play.

Whenever there is a pain point for players there is always a million thread about it. That's just how things work. People don't like something, people complain about it. I'm no different.

Your most accurate sentence in your response to me is "The probability of this happening is so low that something seems amiss." That (pardon the poor choice of wording), is a distinct possibility.
  • Options
    If everyone would like, I can talk with @TheCaptain412 about using the word odds or chances instead of probability. I can do the same also. If that would make things a little easier.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Graves_3 said:

obsidiman said:

Crossy76 said:

No one is arguing that it isn’t “super rare”, just that it isn’t impossible. Weird stuff happens all the time: two-headed calves, albino buffalo, the New York Rangers winning the Stanley Cup.

When it happens to you, it seems like something is rigged, because you can’t comprehend how the mathematically impossible “whatever” hit you, but that’s how life works.

daily or in every station or every farm ? since , its not impossible to have two headed calves in every farm right ?

Probability (the likelihood of something happening) and possibility (something that may happen) are not the same thing. Yes two headed calves are rare, a low PROBABILTY occurrence. But just because you've never seen one doesn't mean the POSSIBILITY of one doesn't exist. Yup... highly improbable that every farm everywhere doesn't have a two headed calf. Doesn't mean that the possibility doesn't exist.
    You and @TheCaptain412 are the only 2 people arguing about possibility and probability. No one is saying it’s not possible to be the one having to place first 57 times. But only in the past week, there have been numerous threads by different people with the same statement that they are either placing first all the time or placing second all the time. The probability of this happening is so low that something seems amiss. People are just asking if it’s truly RNG or algorithm based. No one is saying it’s impossible because it is happening.
    @Graves_3 EVERYONE is saying it isn't possible to pick 1st 57 times in a row. @TheCaptain412 and I are pointing out that A)It is possible because according to all the post its supposedly happening, B)The fact that it's happening is something that has a low probability of happening, and C)That it's more scrutinized because it's seen as a negative for players in their BG play.

Whenever there is a pain point for players there is always a million thread about it. That's just how things work. People don't like something, people complain about it. I'm no different.

Your most accurate sentence in your response to me is "The probability of this happening is so low that something seems amiss." That (pardon the poor choice of wording), is a distinct possibility.
    Looks like my comment went to the abyss of approval. Let me try again.
    a) what you said is correct
    b) it’s mostly useless.
    What people are asking is not if it’s possible or probably but just a clarification of what decides who gets to place first since it doesn’t seem so random. Until this is clarified from an official source, everyone is just shooting in the dark with a distinct possibility but an extremely low probability of hitting the bullseye.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 803 ★★★★
    Many games, magic the gathering, MCOC, etc. all have some interesting problems making "who goes first fair".

The game I currently play that I don't 99.99% of you have ever heard of has it it pretty bad, and we've been kicking around an idea similar to "name that tune" where you would say at "find a match" put in a number of points you would be willing to pay to be able to draft 2nd / place defender 2nd in first / third round.

If I were to spend say 55000 points... then well I guess I am forfeiting / probably not a good idea.

If you said 1000 points, and I said 2000 points, then I would "give you 2000 points" in round 1, and I would have bought the right to go first.

anyway anyone who "really wants that" can bid high, anyone who doesn't care can bid low... and for "tie breaker"... it can go back tot he supposed RNG.

Entering the number would be done before entering a match, and the "winner" of the big can be displayed in the initial count down saying "you two matched" and in the ban phase... so no time would be wasted.

No whether that big applied to Round 1, round 3, all rounds... there are some options here for Kabam to pick from, or maybe they twist this up a little bit... but I think the "silent bid" approach would make it fair... and if you weren't liking the results, you could change your bid after the match, just like how you could change your deck or anything else.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Crossy76 said:

it would be so nice if you guys can just tell us hows it works @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Clearly it's cause you clicked Find Opponent first. You need to time it out that you click Find Opponent second.

Don't believe me? I matched 2 of my accounts on 2 different devices. The one that triggered the match was the one that went first.

Here's a pic

Pretty obvious if you try.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★
    obsidiman said:

Graves_3 said:

obsidiman said:

Crossy76 said:

No one is saying it isn't possible. We are only pointing out that it is highly improbable (orders of magnitude, billions of times more improbable than the real life examples you cite) if the system was truly random.

All we are asking for is a clarification or an explanation for the disadvantage that we have been saddled with. If it is just luck, let the devs say so. Until then there is no reason to believe it is so. I am not assuming ill intention behind this, but incompetence is definitely more likely than serendipity.
  • Options
    @Stature I'm sorry that the BG champ selection process is not going to your liking. I get the frustration. Hopefully you'll get the answers you want.
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    edited October 2023

Crossy76 said:

it would be so nice if you guys can just tell us hows it works @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Clearly it's cause you clicked Find Opponent first. You need to time it out that you click Find Opponent second.

Don't believe me? I matched 2 of my accounts on 2 different devices. The one that triggered the match was the one that went first.

Here's a pic

Pretty obvious if you try.
    i got what you trying to say i also thought the one that triggers the match chooses first but
    you can't time it coz you are trying to find matches blindly