Masked Farming?

IgorCIgorC Member Posts: 14
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
This one in BG was responding in time, not like he left the game, but the battle results are weird.

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    More like blatantly obvious lol here's to hoping Kabam actually bans people who do this too and not just the ones that forfeit cause if they don't then farming will still be a thing.
  • IgorCIgorC Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2023

That’s not even masked lmao

You got what I mean, "masked" 'cause of the method announced by Kabam about players quitting the battles, but this one should fit too
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,903 ★★★★★
    IgorC said:

You got what I mean, "masked" 'cause of the method announced by Kabam about players quitting the battles, but this one should fit too
    It wasn’t just about forfeits. “Deliberately losing for any benefit” is what was said. This certainly fits and hopefully Kabam will follow through.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    IgorC said:

I meant it’s not even masked as in its blatantly obvious the opponents farming.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    The system should have a way to kick you out after 1 round of whatever the other guy was doing, why make the legit player go thru 2 rounds of this non sense.
  • Smokely7Smokely7 Member Posts: 175 ★★
    GK_23 said:

Maybe they were just doing BGs for the “Complete 3” matches objective.

Or maybe they had some outside distraction (wife, kids, baby, dog, work, etc) to where they had to set the phone down after they matched an opponent.

This is going to be the excuse for every "masked farmer" out there. Hopefully for anyone abusing this will get banned. A fight or two every reset should be allowed/ won't get banned
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Smokely7 said:

GK_23 said:

Or maybe they had some outside distraction (wife, kids, baby, dog, work, etc) to where they had to set the phone down after they matched an opponent.

This is going to be the excuse for every "masked farmer" out there. Hopefully for anyone abusing this will get banned. A fight or two every reset should be allowed/ won't get banned
    Well, it’s a difference if this happens once or a hundred times. Yes, real life could stop from playing, but won’t happen all the time when using Energy.
  • IgorCIgorC Member Posts: 14
    GK_23 said:

Not the case here, I don't have print from it, but this dude wasn't taking too long to choose his defense and attack champs, so he was paying attention to his phone.
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 166 ★★
    edited October 2023

Why would you call someone out like this? How does it hurt you?

It hurts me because why should I have to grind hard to get my rewards in gc when you can lose on purpose and stay in platinum stomping on cav players to get the same rewards for far less effort. I have morals thats why.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 884 ★★★
    Yukzii_II said:

It hurts me because why should I have to grind hard to get my rewards in gc when you can lose on purpose and stay in platinum stomping on cav players to get the same rewards for far less effort. I have morals thats why.
    Also, it’s not fair for those cav players he’s stomping
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,903 ★★★★★

It artificially drives up solo event scores, decreasing the rank for those that play fairly.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Yukzii_II said:

Also, it’s not fair for those cav players he’s stomping
    And it's not fair for the cav players he's losing to...
  • Jclark3168Jclark3168 Member Posts: 85
    edited October 2023
    I know there are still a lot of people that are farming. I come across a few this season. Just want to say though that not everyone like this might be farming. Sometimes things come up while you’re playing. Just for example I picked my team the other day and right as we went to add rd1 defenders my 1 year old started screaming. So I put my phone down and went to him. The match finished before I was able to get back. Just saying sometimes real life stuff comes up that could be viewed by your opponent as “farming”. If they are actively picking attackers and defenders then this happens, that is a different story.
  • EmomikeEmomike Member Posts: 229 ★★
    I just faced a guy in GC that had a deck full of 3* it's an officer from a plat ally with a pretty big account. I don't really know if he's trying to set up easy wins for people or if he's just playing around. Could be innocent or could be a new farming technique. Just thought it was interesting. I do think there's more pressing issues then farming.
  • KlippKlipp Member Posts: 202 ★★
    edited October 2023
    Masked would be when they choose bad attackers on certain defenders. Which I've also seen plenty of but can be passed off as lack of game knowledge.