**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG poor design

So let me get this straight Kabam the BG are this amazing content that you said will revolutionize the game, yet you created the system that makes you stuck in a certain league without the possibility of downgrade. In AW when you lose, you fall down a league. Brilliant plan to incite more players in this game mode and make it more relevant.

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,618 ★★★★★
    Yes that's what a competition is
  • Options
    petar11petar11 Posts: 8
    ahmynuts said:

In a normal competition when you push beyond your strength, you get harder matches and you fall down a league, this seems like they are punishing playing good, not to mention farming that they haven't figured how to dill with it. It's not rocket science buddy.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,618 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    petar11 said:

ahmynuts said:

In a normal competition when you push beyond your strength, you get harder matches and you fall down a league, this seems like they are punishing playing good, not to mention farming that they haven't figured how to dill with it. It's not rocket science buddy.
    If you fell down a league you'd complain about that too. All competition gets harder as you progress and weed out the weak, this is no different. It's not rocket science buddy.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

petar11 said:

ahmynuts said:

If you fell down a league you'd complain about that too. All competition gets harder as you progress and weed out the weak, this is no different. It's not rocket science buddy.
    Why would I complain about falling down the league? Weeding out the weak means exactly that. If I am not capable to compete in certain league, then I don't belong in that league, strong processed, weak don't. They are basically favoring farming. With that logic of yours in AW you would have no problem with Silver 1 fighting Diamond 1. If the alliance from Silver 1 gets to Diamond, they will fall down, thats what a competition is.
  • Options
    Hemendra_Hemendra_ Posts: 107
    ahmynuts said:

If competition is overpowered opponent, then it is hmmmmmm.
  • Options
    petar11 said:

So let me get this straight Kabam the BG are this amazing content that you said will revolutionize the game, yet you created the system that makes you stuck in a certain league without the possibility of downgrade. In AW when you lose, you fall down a league. Brilliant plan to incite more players in this game mode and make it more relevant.

Kabam will ALWAYS reward players who either (1) pay for progress, i.e spend units on buying crystals, bundles, etc. or (2) returning players, like with the new Iron Man bundle. An average FTP account will never get the same amount of rewards as someone who pays for progress. It's pathetic, that a skill-based gamemode rewards more people with larger rosters, EVEN if they aren't really skilled in the game.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★

petar11 said:

An average FTP account will never get the same amount of rewards as someone who pays for progress.
    Two thoughts:

1 -- No one "pays for progress". You pay for units or deals, but you have to do the fights, finish the quests, complete the challenges. Skill is not invalidated by spending, and it is likely that some of the most highly skilled players in the game spend.
    2 -- The people who spend are keeping the game alive and giving it a way to continue developing at its rapid pace. Kabam raises money through deals. Money pays the bills. It's simple, really, and nothing nefarious.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

petar11 said:

Kabam will ALWAYS reward players who either (1) pay for progress, i.e spend units on buying crystals, bundles, etc. or (2) returning players, like with the new Iron Man bundle. An average FTP account will never get the same amount of rewards as someone who pays for progress. It's pathetic, that a skill-based gamemode rewards more people with larger rosters, EVEN if they aren't really skilled in the game.
    Why you aren’t complaining about all other areas of the game too?
    All game modes reward more people with large rosters, or make it easier for them to reach same rewards as lower rosters, that’s the nature of this game since it’s progression based.
    If you don’t like it, I would suggest you find a game where there isn’t competitive progress for accounts, like Fortnite.
    MCOC will always reward more to higher accounts.
    That’s not going to change, because it can’t be changed.
    The game is designed that way from it’s inception.

• Options

petar11 said:

Last I checked, Magus hasn't been the top of BGs pretty much ever. So while money can expand your roster, you can't buy skill (unless you pay a merc which is bankable so don't do that).
  • Options
    0_Alph40_Alph4 Posts: 103
    See here how dumb you are.
    If you lose and drop down 1 or 2 leagues guess what you still gonna end up back to where you were.

You'd be in diamond drop to plat and you'll be back up to diamond. And stuck again the reason we can't go back is becuase it's a safety net used to help players progress and stop others from exploiting the system
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Climbing the VT is hard enough.... Imagine jumping between gold and plat for the whole season....
  • Options
    LioLennLioLenn Posts: 18
    Imagine Every single player that plays this game, hardcore, or from Time to Time, reaches GC.

Imagine that all that lower accounts beat the **** out of those who play this game for years..

I guess you just please those who complain by giving them just all the rewards Every month without doing anything.

Those who complain are, in my opinion, the same People who cry for compensation for the smallest issue in this game. Not even considering that kabam is a Company, and they work hard just like u and me.

#no1 is perfect

Peace out.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree. I just find it ridiculous that a victory in Uru is treated the same as victory in Silver, when it shouldn't. There is no incentive for players to progress to higher tiers, and I do agree not all players should be able to obtain top rewards. In AW to obtain top rewards you have to progress to higher tiers. Dont you think that if Kabam created a system where the victory in Uru rewards a lot more then in Silver, farming wouldn't be a problem, or that some rewards in Milestone are unlocked when you get to certain league?
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 114

Rewarding players for growing their roster (whether with time or money)? You mean to say in a game where you are supposed to collect and rank characters you actually have a better playing experience for doing so? I never would have guessed....
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,996 Guardian
    petar11 said:

ahmynuts said:

Which is exactly what happens in the Gladiator Circuit, which is the pure competitive part of Battlegrounds.

The Victory track is there to promote participation in BG, and in VT there is no back sliding which is punitive to more casual and less experienced players. Just as the weaker players have to accept that when they promote high enough they start running into stronger players than they are, because that is what happens when the mode shifts towards competitive match making, everyone else as to accept that in the interests of the game as a whole the game mode is going to reward participation to promote activity in a game mode that requires interest and activity.

The participation rewards treat all participation equally. If it treated GC participation much higher than VT participation, then those would no longer be participation rewards, they would be competitive rewards in disguise. Because if GC participation rewarded more milestone points, the amount of points required to get the best rewards would have to rise, because it can't just be a cake walk for GC players**. But then those point requirements would place those rewards outside the ability for most players who don't make it to GC to get.

The players whining about "unfair" match making and the players whining about "unfair" milestone point awards are both making the same mistake, just not understanding what the intent of the game mode features are. And the devs are unlikely to be making major changes to either side of those complaints. The game mode balances, in some fashion, competitive requirements and participatory requirements, and I cannot think of a complaint that would cause the developers to suddenly decide one of those no longer matters.

** It seems highly unlikely to me that the top milestone reward requires exactly the amount of points a player with a 50% win rate would earn expending the inventory cap of Marks.