Options

Champions that should get additional immunities

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,380 ★★★★
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
I personally think that quite a number of champions deserve to have additional immunities based on their physiology or powers. That way some of them can be more relevant. Examples include

Unstoppable Colossus: Bleed, Shock, Coldsnap, Armor Break, Armor Shatter

Psylocke, Phoenix and Captain Britain: Reverse controls

Loki: Poison, Coldsnap and Frostbite

What do you think? Also do you want a champion to have immunity to degen?

Comments

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,430 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    EdisonLaw said:

I personally think that quite a number of champions deserve to have additional immunities based on their physiology or powers. That way some of them can be more relevant. Examples include

Umm Unstoppable Colossus is bleed immune lol. And I believe that since he's a combo of Colossus and Juggs, he should have both of their immunities. But a shock immunity wouldn't make much sense since he's made of metal, which is a conduit for electricity lol.

Other than that, I 100% agree with the rest. We need some champs to be completely degen immune. COMPLETELY. Not just a certain percent degen immune/resistant, or degen immune when parried, or healing factors to counter degen like what we have in the game so far, or needing calculated skills to trigger a degen immunity, but COMPLETELY DEGEN IMMUNE. In their list of abilities, "Degen Immune" should be one. Simple.

Degen is a huge health killer. Kabam has been hesitant to introduce this because they would lose out on the revive and health potion bottom line. $$$$$

Every psychic based champ should be immune to reverse controls and have falter ability. Period.

I can't understand why Loki, the child of an ICE GIANT, isn't immune to coldsnap and frostbite 😂 But it took Kabam a long time to make Storm---the weather controlling GODDESS--- immune to Shock 😂😂😂
    And she's only immune to "real" shocks, not science based little static shock zaps you get from making contact with Electro. Organic shock vs GMO shock...lmfao. Make it make sense.

This is why Kabam should just take a few months and focus on buffing or re-working OG champs, and hold off on introducing a bunch of new ones.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,430 ★★★★

And some Immunities are absolutely silly.

Kitty is immune to incinerate because... Lockheed is protecting her? lol.

(Hey don't take it away though I love that she has it!)

Lol for real! She should only be immune when she phases
  • Options
    edited October 2023

EdisonLaw said:

Umm Unstoppable Colossus is bleed immune lol. And I believe that since he's a combo of Colossus and Juggs, he should have both of their immunities. But a shock immunity wouldn't make much sense since he's made of metal, which is a conduit for electricity lol.

Other than that, I 100% agree with the rest. We need some champs to be completely degen immune. COMPLETELY. Not just a certain percent degen immune/resistant, or degen immune when parried, or healing factors to counter degen like what we have in the game so far, or needing calculated skills to trigger a degen immunity, but COMPLETELY DEGEN IMMUNE. In their list of abilities, "Degen Immune" should be one. Simple.

Degen is a huge health killer. Kabam has been hesitant to introduce this because they would lose out on the revive and health potion bottom line. $$$$$

Every psychic based champ should be immune to reverse controls and have falter ability. Period.

I can't understand why Loki, the child of an ICE GIANT, isn't immune to coldsnap and frostbite 😂 But it took Kabam a long time to make Storm---the weather controlling GODDESS--- immune to Shock 😂😂😂
    And she's only immune to "real" shocks, not science based little static shock zaps you get from making contact with Electro. Organic shock vs GMO shock...lmfao. Make it make sense.

This is why Kabam should just take a few months and focus on buffing or re-working OG champs, and hold off on introducing a bunch of new ones.
    Yeah metal does conduct electricity so I agree with that. I think incinerate fits better
  • Options
    Also I want to add Vision Aarkus, who should be immune to Coldsnap and frostbite as well
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,584 ★★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

How are rock based champs not poison immune? How do you poison a rock?

You can drink or inhale poison.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 870 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    DDHK could do with Bleed and Poison Resistance - so you can use DDHK with Suicide Masteries in at least some capacity.

The evidence (old but still relevant):
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7yXR1vWa30
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,452 ★★★★★
    Sandman should be rupture immune
  • Options
    Yeah they missed that out with him.
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 518 ★★★
    Mephisto should be immune to nova flames
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★

Sandman should be rupture immune

Sandman should be immune to root
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,629 ★★★★★
    I think we definitely need degen immune champs, the pig can be degen immune but he still requires you to do some actions to turn the resistance into immunity. I'd like to see a champ fully immune to degen from the get go, Onslaught maybe?
  • Options
    Onslaught, maybe since he’s a psionic entity in armor
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 666 ★★★
    Sunspot should be coldsnap immune.
    Werewolf should be coldsnap and frostbite immune.
    Dormammu should be incinerate and nova flame immune.
    Doom should be reverse control immune.
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107
    edited November 2023

I think we definitely need degen immune champs, the pig can be degen immune but he still requires you to do some actions to turn the resistance into immunity. I'd like to see a champ fully immune to degen from the get go, Onslaught maybe?

Isn’t Silk degen immune to some capacity? When I fight Maw she gets the debuff but takes 0 damage from it
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,788 ★★★★★

Isn’t Silk degen immune to some capacity? When I fight Maw she gets the debuff but takes 0 damage from it
    It's because of decay
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107
    Zuro said:

It's because of decay
    That makes sense. My bad!

As you were sir 🫡
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 849 ★★★

Spider ham never goes immune to degen though, he just passed 100% resistance to it at 7-10 nonsense. Having a full immune champ would be sick though