**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gladiator is not good? Need your guys opinion

I recently pull gladiator from titan crystal and yeah he my first titan champs. For what i read and heard, he so decent that people list him as the worst 2023 champs. But what if i wanna rank him up?

Comments

• Options
    His rebalance will be good hopefully
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    If you want to rank him up you can, especially if you enjoy him, just keep in mind a good buff isn't guaranteed. I think he definitely will get buffed but we don't know how good he will be then. After Adam, Morbius (and maybe Sandman, we'll see) I don't really trust Kabam so I'd hold off for now if I were you lol.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    He’s mediocre, especially for the cosmic class. Nothing he does is exceptionally special. Not bad, but there are 15 other cosmic I would choose before him. The fact that he’s the summoners choice makes him more disappointing since those champs are generally hyped up and fun to use as attackers, but Gladiator is more of a defender.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    His specials just don't hit, not really sure what he's good at either tbh. I feel like they tried to lean into his special countering mechanic, but its just too difficult to pull off on most specials, if not impossible on a lot of them.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    I definitely think he’ll get buffed. My main problem with him is that he’s just so boring compared to the rest of the champs we’ve got this year. I don’t expect every summoners choice to be a beyond god tier champ, it’s more so that so many champs this year have had unique mechanics/animations and some of the most fun kit designs and he’s so bland lmao. Other than the special dash in mechanic which could use a lot of work
  • Options
    flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★
    The main thing I hate is he's another champion that kind of needs AI Cooperation in order to use.

Like Adam Warlock, if the AI doesn't play ball it's really annoying. Like you have them Intimidated sometimes and it feels like they're taunted half the time and don't turtle like they're supposed to.

I think a slight damage tune up is needed, and maybe an immunity or two.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    I R2ed my gladiator for some reason.
    If I could go back and wait for the buff, I would.
    He's not bad per se but just not good enough compared to someone like say venom or even unduped knull if we're just talking about the cosmic class.
    Bummer, I know, pulling him as your first titan.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    Even Lagacy, who rank 2'd his 7 star is operating on pure copium that Kabam will do something big to rework Gladiator because his current kit just ain't it. It's rare to see someone from the CCP be vocal in any capacity about how kabam needs to do something about a champ lmao
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 784 ★★★
    🎉 Worst Champion in 23 🎉
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    Right now he is GARBAGE
  • Options
    FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    Emilia90 said:

I definitely think he’ll get buffed. My main problem with him is that he’s just so boring compared to the rest of the champs we’ve got this year. I don’t expect every summoners choice to be a beyond god tier champ, it’s more so that so many champs this year have had unique mechanics/animations and some of the most fun kit designs and he’s so bland lmao. Other than the special dash in mechanic which could use a lot of work

If a champ wins the Summoner Vote, that champ better be a meta champ. Well yeah, we don't want another Herc situation, but Quicksilver and Omega Sentinel are both bangers without being broken OP.