Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Apparently there was a glitch in the paragon gauntlet of the previous month where summoners could enter the gauntlet without fully exploring the thronebreaker side quest. And later it was said by Kabam that these summoners won't receive the rewards if they tried another run after the exploration of the said thronebreaker side quest. But apparently, right before the last month's paragon gauntlet ended, an extra run of this expiring gauntlet still seemed to give out rewards to the summoners who had already taken use of the exploit. I have linked a video of one such summoner/youtuber who demonstrates the outcome. Hope this post gets traction because we all (the ones who didn't take advantage of the exploit) deserve compensation : )

Video link : https://youtu.be/X5LCk41LNEU?feature=shared
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    _Bluest_Blu__Bluest_Blu_ Posts: 32
    Hi! I wanted to throw this out there with the side note of that I have only seen this in one other discussion, and with not that much traction. I don’t mean to be another whining voice in the crowd but just do my duty to my community and try to make others informed. If I am mistaken and this is already a well communicated issue, I am sorry for beating a dead horse.

That being said, Kabam is in a sticky position as always. For those who are unaware there was a bug with last months Paragon Gauntlet that allowed users to redo last months quest to get the paragon gauntlet rewards all over again. I do not know about other youtubers, but Prof Hoff made a video about this. Naturally this presents a problem. In my opinion what should happen to (attempt to) keep everyone happy is Kabam shouldn’t ban those who did because I think this is a mild bug and not really a ban-able offense. Then to keep the rest of the paragons happy they should compensate us the rewards that we would have gotten if we as a collective all did the gauntlet again. That way everyone gets the same amount of rewards for the same effort of 100%ing the EQ and completing the gauntlet.

I say this not solely because I didn’t receive the extra rewards but because it is not like they haven’t done it before. I remember vividly with the mephisto event in July I did the SQ immediately because I love this game. Just before hitting mephisto you had to choose to start another path to even finish the quest. Not wanting to waste my entry ticket, I took a path- I wanna say the gold path because it was the easiest i could choose. I didn’t even take the awakening gem path, i didn’t have enough health and didn’t want to waste units. But because I did the side quest immediately I got grouped up with the people that did take the awakening gem path. Kabam swiftly patched this and then gifted an additional awakening gem to every player that didn’t play the SQ when the bug was up. I thought that it sucked then but it is what it is. They felt it was unfair some exploited that so they reimbursed the other summoners, which is good and i can recognize that.

However, unlike the July event example, this is a VERY recent thing as people where doing this bug TODAY. I only became aware of the bug from seeing Prof Hoff’s video on the subject. They have done compensation for players who didn’t partake in a bug before and I solidly believe it should be a standard that they uphold. They are against bugs and exploits and have shown gratitude to summoners who “kept their noses clean” for the lack of a better term. Now I believe they can check which paragon players completed the gauntlet and compensate them for the bug and so everyone who did the gauntlet gets the same amount of rewards. I say this because they were able to compensate those who didn’t partake in the SQ bug in July, so they have demonstrated they can do something along these lines before.

Because in all honesty the rewards are admittedly very much progressive for summoners. 2 Million Gold (especially with this game’s economy of everyone needing gold) with a free 6 star selection crystal and 3k 7 star shards? And that’s not even counting for the catalysts. I do not believe it is fair that some who completed the gauntlet once got to do only 6 fights for the same rewards over again when most didn’t. Thats just my two sense on the issue, bottom line is paragons who completed it who did not do the bug deserve to be compensated or reimbursed the rewards.

I say only the paragons who did the gauntlet because I don’t think paragons who didn’t complete it should be entitled to compensation as they didn't get rewards in the first place, ie didn’t even do the gauntlet period. Some may not have had the time or whatever excuse that may be present but that doesn’t exactly matter. My condolences to those who didn’t have the time to complete the gauntlet. But maybe this will serve as motivation to push yourself and complete it. Kabam cant hold everybody’s hands every step of the way, it can only go so far.

At the end of day this doesn’t matter. This isn’t fair and life isn’t fair. I also understand that Kabam likely has a lot on their plates right now, with it being the end of the year and getting ready to drop new endgame content and a new progression title. I could also imagine that the compensation process could possibly be tedious for them. I say this not to “drink the kool aid” but to provide at least some slack. I want to make that clear.

But as a community, I think we deserve at the very least consistency. Consistency of compensating those who do not partake and spread bugs as Kabam have done so before. I don’t mean to sound entitled in anyway and I apologize if this is how it comes across but we as paragons are important in value to kabam. We are the ones that’ll do things like 100% quests or push for endgame content. And I believe if we were to get compensation, we might be that much more prepared and in turn willing to give the upcoming necropolis a shot. I can’t speak for anyone on that matter but I for one at the very least would. I hate to at you but unfortunately im going to do so to ensure I did the most to speak on behalf of my community and that I did everything I could to attempt getting your attention to the issue. @“Kabam Miike” I understand you probably have hundreds of other ats calling you to look into other issues. However it would be much appreciated if you took the time to consider this let alone read this post.
  • Options
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

If they wanna do anything at all, they should take away the items and/or ban exploiters if necessary. That’s what they did in the past, too.

that is true however I dont see that happening as their biggest concern has been with cheating in BG as of late.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

It’s worth noting that repeating the Paragon Gauntlet is a cheap way to complete 22hr EQ milestones, an event that was live while this bug was active. There are many who could have received these rewards just from doing it for that reason. Also, it’s hard to know if it’s a bug or not when something like this is live in the game for over 2 days with no direction from Kabam, we all have opinions but we are grasping as inference and it has not been clearly addressed. For those reasons I agree with the OP that compensation would be the best course of action.

I do want to add that this is correct, some genuinely didn’t know that. I personally 100% all the difficulties because its a good way to get units. You are correct it is hard to know. But as I said I don’t believe its a ban-able offense as this is not about condemning the ones that did get extra rewards but rather closing the gap to others who didnt have that unintended privilege.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Not everyone might remember this, was quite some years ago, but for me it feels like yesterday.

I remember it well too. The best event ever in my opinion. It has been a long time since that has seen the light of day unfortunately. Like I had said though the biggest focus has been on BG cheaters as of late and past discrepancies don’t exactly compare as they didn’t have BG back then either, hence why I used the July event as an example
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,354 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

It’s worth noting that repeating the Paragon Gauntlet is a cheap way to complete 22hr EQ milestones, an event that was live while this bug was active. There are many who could have received these rewards just from doing it for that reason. Also, it’s hard to know if it’s a bug or not when something like this is live in the game for over 2 days with no direction from Kabam, we all have opinions but we are grasping as inference and it has not been clearly addressed. For those reasons I agree with the OP that compensation would be the best course of action.

I do want to add that this is correct, some genuinely didn’t know that. I personally 100% all the difficulties because its a good way to get units. You are correct it is hard to know. But as I said I don’t believe its a ban-able offense as this is not about condemning the ones that did get extra rewards but rather closing the gap to others who didnt have that unintended privilege.
    Someone in one of the multiple other threads about this mentioned it would have been unlimited and some people would have farmed it 3+ times (I still don’t believe that this is really true) … but if it is, then it’s a serious issue and big advantage for these cheaters. And then they deserve serious actions taken like 2 week ban or more. And yes, this could mess up current BG/AW Season for them.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

This is silly. I run that quest for event quest completion and hero use as do many people. To call this an exploit is ridiculous and to beg for compensation just means you’re just a hypocrite who wants the rewards while pretending to be a pious person.

My guy, read the post. I'm not talking about the part where we can complete event quest objectives using the gauntlet. I'm talking about a case where certain number of summoners could access the rewards of the paragon gauntlet twice or more than twice even though some of us could only access it once.
    I did and my response still applies. Be happy with your earned rewards and the knowledge that you’re one of the good ones. That’s compensation enough.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

I demand compensation

But you do not deserve the items either. The only possible options are bans for cheaters and rolling back the items to make it fair (just like they often did after such accidents).

This is their policy to handle gamebreaking exploits, not giving away even more big stuff to destroy game economy even further:

This was a post made two years ago and the 1250 mythic crystals situations was also said to be handled in the same manner but Kabam never really did anything about the rank ups gained from the exploits and also the shards obtained.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

I demand compensation

But you do not deserve the items either. The only possible options are bans for cheaters and rolling back the items to make it fair (just like they often did after such accidents).

This is their policy to handle gamebreaking exploits, not giving away even more big stuff to destroy game economy even further:

A small number of Players who received twice the Rewards for Gauntlet isn't nearly as game breaking as that was. The Rewards from that were exponential.
  • Options

So what about the last compensation where everyone that didn’t do the exploit got it? How’s this any different

Correct me if I'm wrong but did we get any compensation?
  • Options
    For the record, I'm not minimizing because I ran it twice. I didn't, only once. However, there is no comparison.
  • Options
    MethodMan69MethodMan69 Posts: 36
    Rohith21 said:

So what about the last compensation where everyone that didn’t do the exploit got it? How’s this any different

He's talking about the rifts bug
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

He's talking about the rifts bug
    Hades rift? I think they sent out those gate keys for people who didnt exploit the bug
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,354 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

WOLF_LINK said:

I demand compensation

A small number of Players who received twice the Rewards for Gauntlet isn't nearly as game breaking as that was. The Rewards from that were exponential.
    Regarding to comments in some of the other 7 threads about this (yeah, you should use search before opening a new thread @OP), you were able to farm them infinitely, so the rewards were exponential just like in my example. And getting multiple full 7* Crystals and 6* Relics and so on is big.

• Options
    SammyDe said:

Yeah, I am a bit annoyed. I try to take the high road but seeing people getting this reward twice or three times feels unfair. Especially when you might have to play them in BG and if you lose a close battle because they had that rank up or a new 7* due to those extra rewards.
    Oh well, I supposed it is my choice and I will try to not think too hard of the repercussions. There are other events that made more impact but we can only focus on what we do and how we react to them.

Completely agree with the BGs part with especially this season having one of the pieces needed for the deathless champs
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

WOLF_LINK said:

I demand compensation

Regarding to comments in some of the other 7 threads about this (yeah, you should use search before opening a new thread @OP), you were able to farm them infinitely, so the rewards were exponential just like in my example. And getting multiple full 7* Crystals and 6* Relics and so on is big.

People were farming in the millions with Treasure Island. Not the same.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not in favor of anyone exploiting anything. It's just that the overall effect really depends on how many people did it, and how much they got.
    Obviously, things are never "fair" when these things happen.