Kabam Explain This I’m Confused

DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
Entire bgs season....50+ games and I chose champ first 50/50 games. There was not one game where I didn’t suffer first and last defense throw Down. It sounds unlikely but I’m not lying I collected data this season and I had to throw down LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME. So can we get the statistics on what makes this decision or is my account bugged? This is starting to frustrate me very much and I’m stuck in Vibranium 2 :( guys it might sound dramatic but I recorded the last 50 games and every single time it happened.

Comments

• DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    You can’t make this shi up...

There are other posts abour this iszue, maybe you can add input, info and even proof of it in it so they can a result from many players and look into it as a bug.

I’m not gonna send dozens of screenshots(I didn’t take any lol) but an investigation or change should definitely be considered. I think they should rework the way it works
  • TrunkoTrunko Member Posts: 27
    What’s the difference if you pick first or second?
  • Flynnlives2k15Flynnlives2k15 Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2023
    There’s definitely some kind of bug around it, I’ve been lucky and chosen second in EVERY single match this season, no idea how many I’ve fought but just cleared the milestones and got to GC so it’s a fair few
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,701 ★★★★★

There are other posts abour this iszue, maybe you can add input, info and even proof of it in it so they can a result from many players and look into it as a bug.

I’m not gonna send dozens of screenshots(I didn’t take any lol)
    I thought you said you recorded the last 50? If the Devs wanted some input surely you could just get small clips of the 50?
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    What I've noticed is that if I finish my bans first, the opponent tends to drafts first, if they finish first I tend to draft first, but I haven't compiled any actual data.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Ortoun said:

What I've noticed is that if I finish my bans first, the opponent tends to drafts first, if they finish first I tend to draft first, but I haven't compiled any actual data.

I also feel like this might have some weighting as I am pretty fast at bans and I have second picks much more than first. Although I only do enough fights to get the tokens and this season I am almost exclusively used Elder Marks because they are almost reaching the 9k cap all season…
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 582 ★★★
    Ortoun said:

I thought the same and tested it in vibranium. Finished my bans before my opponent about 8 times out of 10 but still chose my defender first.

Then i tested whether i ban the first champion faster than the opponent i could go second. I did this by immediately banning the first champion i could find and im sure its faster than opponent (unless wifi differences creates problems) but still placed defender first 90% of the time.

Only theory of mine that is working 100% of the time is opponent's with stronger accounts than mine are placing defenders second.
    SammyDe said:

Ortoun said:

I also feel like this might have some weighting as I am pretty fast at bans and I have second picks much more than first. Although I only do enough fights to get the tokens and this season I am almost exclusively used Elder Marks because they are almost reaching the 9k cap all season…
    Nope I am very quick with banning and usually waiting 5-10 seconds for the opponent to ban and I still throw first. I wish it could be explained as “rng” but rng doesn’t work like this.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Drafting first happened to me, and many other players A LOT. There was no balance. It was very frustrating when you're trying to be strategic. Having to draft first always gave the opponent the advantage of selecting the right counters to your champs EVERYTIME. And that never failed. It made playing BGs VERY FRUSTRATING. And banning quickly didn't change a thing. There were times I drafted 1st around 20 times in a row, and the opponent easily countered my champs. C'mon now. I know there can be something done about changing that up.
  • NothingDuhNothingDuh Member Posts: 16
    Brother I have been experiencing a similar thing, I had issue with the drafting phase, the screen gets stuck and it chooses champions on it's own initially I thought it was my device issue (mi note 7 pro), so switched devices (mi 11i) and first fine or six games it was ok, and then it happened again 2 times in a row, I tried changing my network, I changed my Wi-fi connection, and once again for few games it was good and once again it happened, not only that I am an uncollected player, so I don't have very powerful champs, but yet I get paired with cav's and thronebreakers who have 7*s and rank 4 6*s, the match making is rigged, as well as the drafting phase is kinda cracked I guess, that is only for me may be, Kindly kabam fix this. I do appreciate your efforts in making the game better such as fixing nick fury right now, overall thank you kabam.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 798 ★★★★
    I started paying attention after seeing all the threads but haven’t noticed any trends at all for my matches. I pick second fairly often and opponent account strength doesn’t seem to have anything to do with it. Today I had a much stronger account (multiple 7*R2 when I have none) pick first against me.

I don’t doubt people’s claims about a problem when they pick first 78/80 times but I’m not experiencing that myself. There are enough reports that something does seem off but it doesn’t appear to be impacting everyone the same.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 924 ★★★

So @DerpyEagle according to your first post, you're frustrated about having to have picked 1st fifty times and from that I assume it's impeding your enjoyment/fun with the game mode. You also stated that you recorded the last 50 matches to dispove any neighsayers.

A bit of digging into the forums will reveal that this is a common complaint and that it could possibly be a bug of some sort. However most who complained about the same thing have not had evidence to back up the allegations. You do (at least according to you).

Why then refuse to send it to Kabam and help possibly get what some see as a major offense fixed? By saying you're not going to send Kabam video or screenshots, you're telling me that the issue is not that big of an issue or frustration for you.
  • PeregrinusPeregrinus Member Posts: 47
    Drafting first happened to me too. I am now in GC. In 8 games for Uru, I started second more times than in 100 games before at lower level. It seems that in my case it was just a VT issue. It's not a GC issue.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 274 ★★
    Ansh_A said:

I just posted this on a forum post.

I played over a 100 games and thr only consistent trend i found is that the better the account (PI, tip champs, progression, 7*s), the higher chance of placing defenders second.

In Vibranium 2, i have placed first 15 times and second once. The one time i placed second, i had a much better roster than my opponent (he had 2 r4s that i banned as opposed to my 7 and his other champs were r3). I think its been made so that people with better accounts get to go second and so smaller paragons are struggling in vibranium.

Nah bro you're tripping, I never fought weaker accounts in vibranium, and it was random sometimes I had to choose first sometimes not , y'all just making **** up now , just focus o winning not worrying of who chooses first , that doesn't chance anything in a match
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,419 ★★★★★

Entire bgs season....50+ games and I chose champ first 50/50 games. There was not one game where I didn’t suffer first and last defense throw Down. It sounds unlikely but I’m not lying I collected data this season and I had to throw down LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME. So can we get the statistics on what makes this decision or is my account bugged? This is starting to frustrate me very much and I’m stuck in Vibranium 2 :( guys it might sound dramatic but I recorded the last 50 games and every single time it happened.

All you can do is report it and hope they find a bug. Nothing anyone says here will change a thing for you.
  • NothingDuhNothingDuh Member Posts: 16
    Bro, basically the drafting phase for me is doomed, and the matchmaking is rigged :disappointed
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 436 ★★★

Ansh_A said:

I just posted this on a forum post.

I played over a 100 games and thr only consistent trend i found is that the better the account (PI, tip champs, progression, 7*s), the higher chance of placing defenders second.

In Vibranium 2, i have placed first 15 times and second once. The one time i placed second, i had a much better roster than my opponent (he had 2 r4s that i banned as opposed to my 7 and his other champs were r3). I think its been made so that people with better accounts get to go second and so smaller paragons are struggling in vibranium.

Nah bro you're tripping, I never fought weaker accounts in vibranium, and it was random sometimes I had to choose first sometimes not , y'all just making **** up now , just focus o winning not worrying of who chooses first , that doesn't chance anything in a match
    Who chooses first definitely has an impact, because placing second gives you a better information about the opponent's deck and strategy. The advantage is not quantifiable by a single individual, since any one player's data will be skewed by other factors like their roster, skills, luck, time they play etc. I would say picking first all the time would have a negative single digit percentage impact on a player's win rates.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    @DerpyEagle this has literally been happening to me all season and it's pissing me off
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,044 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I've experienced the same issue. It seems if your account is 'better' they put you at a disadvantage
    Do you have the same issue this BGs season? I do - first 9 rounds in a row...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/351682/bgs-order-of-choice-bug#latest
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Pandingo said:

I've experienced the same issue. It seems if your account is 'better' they put you at a disadvantage

I don’t think it is that. I have discussed it with Kabam, but all I can say about it is that they are investigating. I do have a potential possibility that might be helpful. Based on my own observations, these streaks of picking first or second are far more likely to happen when blitzing out matches, and less likely to happen when you take short breaks between matches. This isn’t guaranteed to make the problem go away, but it is likely to reduce the probability of it happening consistently.
  • Samson007Samson007 Member Posts: 2
    Same issue as well.Another problem is in matchmaking i am mostly getting matched with legend players with multiple r5 6 stars and r2 seven stars.
    my gaming account was created "only" 2 years ago. can't the problem lie in this? doesn't the system favor older gaming accounts?