**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Willpower is ruining battlegrounds for me

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
The slog to get 450,000 points has really gotten the better of me this weekend so I’m not in a good place. I hit GC casually working my way through the first two weeks of the season. After climbing fairly easily to gamma 2 with nearly 200 points, I got absolutely wailed on all weekend. Can’t buy a win. Lost most of my points. Trudging toward the 450,000 because the Titan shards are probably worth more than several tiers of rank rewards.

My main frustration today is that with the increased prevalence of 7r2 champs and a meta that applies debuffs to defenders, willpower healing is outpacing damage from reasonable counters. I played fairly well in this fight, but 6r4 Blade looping special 2s wasn’t enough to get Maw half dead. I mean…damn.

I know this is partly a me-problem. Play differently. Don’t parry. And so on. But the longer term issue is that the rank 4s I’ve spent major resources assembling are already feeling unviable in many fights. The boost taking them to r5 isn’t especially significant either. So I’ve got my 20ish 7-stars and I need to turn my attention to them, whether they “deserve” resources or not, because the added time, health and attack they offer will do more for me in a format where the champs are only used to try to give someone else a bad time. Doesn’t feel good.

Comments

• Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Tbh this is just a bad meta in general, I don't think you'll see this issue much in future seasons. Plus despair helps negate a bunch of it
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

Despair? I run 3/3 so willpower is never really a problem in BGs or war. I highly recommend it along with inequity!

@MCOCHazza i dropped deep wounds and switched to max inequity, absolutely loving it for both offense and defense. Deep wounds is overrated.
  • Options
    Definitely a you problem. Despair is your best friend here.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Yes for this current GC meta you need despair and inequity OP.