**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another Display of Kabam's Tone-Deafness

The topic of an over abundance of t2A and t5B catalysts, paired with not being able to use and/or sell them, is probably in the top three main topics amongst the community right now.

Now kabam puts out an offer for basic and alpha catalysts, and includes a large amount of the aforementioned cats. I would probably buy two or three of those offers if they didn't include a bunch of cats that I know will literally just be thrown in the trash.

I know I'm not the only one, so congrats kabam, you just cost yourself money again 👍 And all you have to do is let us sell them or raise the capacity limit. At the very least don't include them in an offer of mats that we actually need. Why would anybody pay for something they know will be unusable and unsellable?

But anyway, keep completely ignoring us and this issue.

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

The topic of an over abundance of t2A and t5B catalysts, paired with not being able to use and/or sell them, is probably in the top three main topics amongst the community right now.

Now kabam puts out an offer for basic and alpha catalysts, and includes a large amount of the aforementioned cats. I would probably buy two or three of those offers if they didn't include a bunch of cats that I know will literally just be thrown in the trash.

I know I'm not the only one, so congrats kabam, you just cost yourself money again 👍 And all you have to do is let us sell them or raise the capacity limit. At the very least don't include them in an offer of mats that we actually need. Why would anybody pay for something they know will be unusable and unsellable?

Managing resources has always been part of this game, and will continue to be. Anyway, Kabam makes offers that they believe will attract buyers (based on statistics, evidence), so most likely your experience is not what most people experience in terms of resource inventory. Otherwise they wouldn't be offering that stuff in the deal.

It serves Kabam no purpose to overload your inventory.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★

The minority of us that have T2A and T5B in the overflow are way outnumbered by the majority that don't and are looking for those rank up mats. You obviously aren't the target for this offer.

There's no conspiracy, there's no slap in the face or anything like that. This is an offer for people that aren't you.
    I don’t think the issue is who or who doesn’t have these resources expiring.

It’s more about not being able to sell them. These “high value” items just go into the ether while we can at least get a little gold or other things for “low value” items.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    The problem is, you're not just enabling people to sell them, you're bridging the gap to T3A and T6B for all Players. That devalues the higher Cats.
  • Options

The problem is, you're not just enabling people to sell them, you're bridging the gap to T3A and T6B for all Players. That devalues the higher Cats.

Not sure what you mean?
    I’m not even in this boat and probably never will be.
    Don’t have to give T3A or T6B for selling these items.

Just something in return for earning them all. Whether it be just gold or something else. Something at least.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Did you get slapped in the face too?
  • Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★

Why would you buy them if you have an overabundance of them anyways?

Like I understand the argument that many people have expressed about increasing the cap - but if you, like some people, have SO MANY expiring then they're not being put to use and have no value to you already. More understandable is the argument that people have wishing they could sell these items, but that's not what you're discussing.

Kabam makes all different sorts of offers, this one is very clearly not aimed at you?

That's exactly what I was discussing (briefly in this post, and more in depth in other posts). The main issue is the cap limit and inability to sell those specific items, which has been widely expressed both here on the forum, as well as on several of the top content creators videos.

But the main point of this post, is that if they would have separated the t6B/t3A from the t5B/t2A and made two separate offers, then they surely would have sold a ton more. Most people willing to spend money on the t6/t3 are the ones who have an abundance of the lower tiers going in the trash daily, so why would they buy more of them? And in addition to that, having them split into two, would still allow people to get both of them if they want, but I can guarantee a lot of people aren't buying it because they don't want more t5/t2 that they'll have to just watch go in the trash..

So yea, just a tone deaf offer that cost them money. Which actually bums me out, because I like to support kabam and this game, just wish they would listen to the community and be a bit more in touch.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,049 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

The minority of us that have T2A and T5B in the overflow are way outnumbered by the majority that don't and are looking for those rank up mats. You obviously aren't the target for this offer.

There's no conspiracy, there's no slap in the face or anything like that. This is an offer for people that aren't you.
    I don’t think the issue is who or who doesn’t have these resources expiring.

It’s more about not being able to sell them. These “high value” items just go into the ether while we can at least get a little gold or other things for “low value” items.
    Manage your resources better.
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

They’re not my resources. Just agreeing with the overwhelming majority of players with this problem.

You need to go back and look up what "overwhelming majority" means. The forums are a very, very, very small part of the overall community.
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

Are they now? Seem to get things done.
    Like when you said gold would never increase?

Should I quote your post on that? Stop trying to be smart and actually be smart because you actually are.

You know this is an issue so help fix it.

I never said gold shouldn't increase.

I've already said we need to be able to sell t2a. I don't think T5B needs to sold since we get way more t2a than T5B.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

smdam38 said:

Gold, along with all rewards, have been adjusted upwards as the game economy adjusts periodically since the launch of the game. Predicting that gold won't increase ever is silly, but asking for it to increase then congratulating yourself when it does is taking credit for bring back the sun in the morning.
    Seems like there is an implication that Kabam doesn't listen to their player base in this comment.
  • Options
    MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★

Pretty sure the top 3 are-
    Matchmaking
    Modders
    Matchmaking

I don't care about any of that because I don't waste my time with Battlegrounds.

But I am continuously annoyed that I can't even sell my perpetual overflow of dozens of T2As. I barely keep up with using them before they expire with each Level Up event with random 5* champs I don't use anymore and the occasional 6* I do want to rank up.

I don't even care if it's just 100 T3A or less. Or even just gold. Just give us the option to sell them.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    I justify watching a dozen or more a month disappear by telling myself, If I have a bunch of junk champs I won't waste the cats on just to use them, the cats themselves are worth less than junk.

So it doesn't bother me if they expire for nothing because I wasn't going to use them anyway.

It used to annoy me in the beginning because they weren't easy to get, I figure I'm just past the point of worrying about where my next T2A is coming from, or going to.

• Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

DNA3000 said:

smdam38 said:

Gold, along with all rewards, have been adjusted upwards as the game economy adjusts periodically since the launch of the game. Predicting that gold won't increase ever is silly, but asking for it to increase then congratulating yourself when it does is taking credit for bring back the sun in the morning.
    More partial quoting me. I can literally quote a post from a few months ago where you said gold won’t increase.

You can post a diary all you want but you don’t know ****.
    Go ahead then. We will wait for you to do it.
  • Options
    Me caring is go away. You do the work.

Go look through GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

DNA3000 said:

smdam38 said:

This is probably one of the most ignorant and incorrect statements I've read all day.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

DNA3000 said:

smdam38 said:

More partial quoting me. I can literally quote a post from a few months ago where you said gold won’t increase.

I would take his feedback over someone who thinks that piloting is acceptable.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    i have read some stupid ****....

and then i came here.....
    SMH