How to explore necropolis without shuri

Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
I did a completion run and instead of getting shuri, I got a guardian (okay) and ANOTHER Guilly dupe (she's now like sig60 ffs).

I was really banking on getting a shuri for my exploration to take on attuma and a lot of the other tricky fights, many mutants. Now I don't really know what to do. Would greatly appreciate any advice on how to proceed with necro exploration. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Wong_98Wong_98 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Could you potentially tell what path you did, who you used, how many revives used etc? I’m in the same boat with no shirk
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

I did a completion run and instead of getting shuri, I got a guardian (okay) and ANOTHER Guilly dupe (she's now like sig60 ffs).

I was really banking on getting a shuri for my exploration to take on attuma and a lot of the other tricky fights, many mutants. Now I don't really know what to do. Would greatly appreciate any advice on how to proceed with necro exploration. Thanks in advance.

same... i got guardian and imiw :/
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    Pepe did attuma with aegon.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★

Pepe did attuma with aegon.

Yeah I saw that one, but I was hoping for a slightly cheaper option tbh. Also shuri seems to have been used by pretty much everyone on a host other paths too so I reall don't know what to do.
    Milan1405 said:

Wong_98 said:

Could you potentially tell what path you did, who you used, how many revives used etc? I’m in the same boat with no shirk

I used aegon for my completion run and just facerolled everything with him lol on the titania/guardian path seatin did. A lot of the other paths look significantly harder though, at least, with only an aegon.
    Roughly how many revives did you use?
    Milan1405 said:

Wong_98 said:

Milan1405 said:

Wong_98 said:

I used aegon for my completion run and just facerolled everything with him lol on the titania/guardian path seatin did. A lot of the other paths look significantly harder though, at least, with only an aegon.
    Roughly how many revives did you use?
    Not sure, maybe around 40ish. But my aegon is R5 ascended, and I had full suicides and deep wounds.
    Ok. How would you say your skill is?
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

You could always just use a r4 ascended shuri. Not ideal but with a 6 star tech relic it should be manageable with minimal extra revives

This is hopeful. I intend to do the primordial dust path, and then go for Shuri in the class crystals. If I don’t get her, I already have an awakened Shuri at r3 ready to be leveled, and a 6 star Hulkbuster relic.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★

You could always just use a r4 ascended shuri. Not ideal but with a 6 star tech relic it should be manageable with minimal extra revives

This is hopeful. I intend to do the primordial dust path, and then go for Shuri in the class crystals. If I don’t get her, I already have an awakened Shuri at r3 ready to be leveled, and a 6 star Hulkbuster relic.
    I have not tested 6r4 shuri in necro so I have no clue what I'm talking about. Just to not give you false hope, I was only theorising about possibilities.
    After getting a lot of different advice, I think the ovewhelming consensus is just to R5 and ascend my 6 star shuri instead of hoping for a 7 star or trying to get through with other champions.
  • MR_RAGMR_RAG Member Posts: 24
    Well.....I'm probably gonna run this for my 3rd path. I don't have shuri.

**__Mr **** - Silver **** - GM ****__**

1. Mr **** - Kate: X Revives

2. Namor - Kate: X Revives

3. Attuma- Absdick: X Revives

4. Air Walker - Absdick: X Revives

5. Cap Britain- Kate: X Revives

6. Wiccan - Kate: X Revives

7. PsychoDick - Kate: X Revives

8. Silver ****- Absdick: X Revives

9. Misty Knight - Kate: X Revives

10. Storm X - Fantman: X Revives

11. Cap Sam - Kate: X Revives

12. Dragon Man - Kate: X Revives

13. Capiw - Kate: X Revives

14. Nova - Kate: X Revives

15. Shocker - Kate: X Revives

GM **** - Kate: X Revives

Total Revives: (XX)

XX single revives
    XX team revives
  • kahlkorverkahlkorver Member Posts: 162
    Hulkling, interesting...can you explain what's the play with him?
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 523 ★★★
    MR_RAG said:

Well.....I'm probably gonna run this for my 3rd path. I don't have shuri.

**__Mr **** - Silver **** - GM ****__**

1. Mr **** - Kate: X Revives

2. Namor - Kate: X Revives

3. Attuma- Absdick: X Revives

4. Air Walker - Absdick: X Revives

5. Cap Britain- Kate: X Revives

6. Wiccan - Kate: X Revives

7. PsychoDick - Kate: X Revives

Total Revives: (XX)

XX single revives
    XX team revives

Don’t you think Kate will be rather bad for the trap node on that path?

I'm gonna start it tonight probably lol, so I guess I can let you know if it's bad.

Trap node isn't too big of a deal no. It's based on the defenders base attack as well, so it doesn't hurt horribly bad and it's really not that hard to avoid.

I brought Hulkling on that path cause he's a monster and can create the easiest openings in those fights. Gaurdian will autoblock ur specials, and valk will kill you if she touches you on block with how her necro node interacts. Hulkling kinda mitigated those two hard aspects of those fights pretty well.

He was never gonna solo anything, but I was able to do around a good 2.5 million in one go with him. Each sp2 with 2 furies does about 100k if nothing crits, and a hell of a lot more when it does crit. Then the combos u throw after do a ton of damage. He is just great for taking chunks out.

I'm more worried about Absdick on Attuma, but I can fight attuma with my eyes closed so hopefully it's fine.

MR_RAG said:

Milan1405 said:

Ey yo what is your group called? :lol:

Lol, I mean, gotta keep life light ya know? Lmao. My ingame name isn't exactly better hahaha.

Still not sure about that group name, but I do like the username haha
    @MR_RAG This is very interesting because I really only have r5 sig100 kate available right now out of the other recommended shuri and aegon necro clearers. Thanks for the info!

You are clearly way more skilled than me since you are a masters aw player but since I only have a r4 hulkling I was wondering if r2 venom can do the fights you did with hulkling? And what are the alternatives for omega sentinel? I have r4 abs man but I'd rather take in someone else. Also is it worht taking kate to sig200?

Thanks for the info!
    edited November 2023
    Kate is far and away the mvp for this content. She is so ridiculously good for these fights. I cannot recommend enough that you max her out in her entirety.

And honestly I found my absdick to be incredibly useful. When i saw that OS fight I knew I wouldn't use anyone else there.

I'd need to give it some thought. Just finished up my third path. Need to sleep.

Attuma fight breakdown.

@MR_RAG Thanks for the info, I think I have my team ready with your feedback. I'll have a relatively cheap run if I can get some more rank up items/ascension stuff from cyber weekend.

Lol, yeah Absdick = Absorbing man.

The attuma fight. Stay in Uru. You are literally baiting heavies, one dash back, and counter with a light attack opening hit to pause ur form. Repeat this until u have an sp1 ready. I try to push attuma to his sp2 to slow down him building hydration. I like to bait a heavy, one dash back, heavy counter into my sp1. Almost gauranteed crits and massive red number damage.

Once he eventually goes unstoppable, just parry him (I usually did 2x) to take the unstoppable away and drop his hydration stacks. He's gonna purify ur parry stun fast, so don't expect to actually attack him. Ur just removing the unstoppable. Once the unstoppable is gone, go back to heavy baiting and light countering.

It for real is not difficult at all, but it's gonna take you probably 4 to 5 revives if things go as planned. Things go sorts okay ur probably eyeing like 7 or 8.

Just my 2 cents.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    No Shuri? Try Stryfe

(This guy has been seemingly completely out from any Necropolis-related conversation since Necropolis was officially released…. So sad 😅)
    edited November 2023
    Path update. By far my best run.