Some more info for Necropolis completion with Aegon

JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
So, I have mine R4 ascended, not enough Class Cat for the R5 so Ill do the run as he his right now, Im going for Titania aswell since I think all the path is "easily" doable with Aegon, my question is:

How many combo hits can I reach each time vs Titania?

I reached 200 hits in the last try, Titania lost only near 40 stacks of Ankh out of 140, so I had still 30 left, so I think I could reach something around 300-350.

Anyone was able to do more than this per try? The main reason is the lack of confidence I have vs some of the champions of that so I want to be efficient with the first ramp up to take Aegon to 999 with around 5-6 revives. (He is sig 200 btw)

Comments

• AegonTargarуenAegonTargarуen Member Posts: 53
    I saved around 150 - 200 each time
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    So, this is my max run, I did around 5 or 6 runs, I have noticed some things that could make everyone's run faster:

Depending on the AI, it will go back at first instead of hitting into block, this will trigger her effects since she will back in again immediately, in this case you will lose 8 stacks of Ankh, which is a ton really.

If she strikes immediately you can parry and afford this 8 stacks, I would just rerun the first fight till the AI cooperates at first, this will enable you to get more hits on the first try.

I kept doing the fight normally till she got half the Ankhs, in this case, I should be at 0 power, so Ill keep it going till I get to SP3, try to dont get the AA reduced by the node before doing SP3 to ensure the Stun, do all the hits possible while she is stunned, then use the Striker into SP1, this is the highest combo I got this way:

I got Heimdall in my team, I think if I used heavy just before she used her SP3 to get the Combo shield, I would survive with Heimdalls synergy and be able to get a couple 5 hit combos more before exiting.

• OGAvengerOGAvenger Member Posts: 1,133 ★★★★★
    If I remember correctly my Aegon was ramped up to about 820 by the end of the fight
    OGAvenger said:

If I remember correctly my Aegon was ramped up to about 820 by the end of the fight

In a single fight? Thats pretty impressive, I consider myself skilled but that would be insane
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★
    I managed to bank 130+ twice but most times it was 60-80 and I lost 70 twice (grr). I got her down when I was at about combo 740.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

So, I have mine R4 ascended, not enough Class Cat for the R5 so Ill do the run as he his right now, Im going for Titania aswell since I think all the path is "easily" doable with Aegon, my question is:

I reached 200 hits in the last try, Titania lost only near 40 stacks of Ankh out of 140, so I had still 30 left, so I think I could reach something around 300-350.

Anyone was able to do more than this per try? The main reason is the lack of confidence I have vs some of the champions of that so I want to be efficient with the first ramp up to take Aegon to 999 with around 5-6 revives. (He is sig 200 btw)

i normally got around 150-200 with r5 aegon . I just redo it again until i have like 350-400. It took me like 17 tries or so since titania AI is really aggressive to me , but yeah , able to bank 280 into persistent combo iirc
    Jack2634 said:

Jefechuta said:

i normally got around 150-200 with r5 aegon . I just redo it again until i have like 350-400. It took me like 17 tries or so since titania AI is really aggressive to me , but yeah , able to bank 280 into persistent combo iirc
    280 is pretty impressive, its kinda hard to keep it going after the second Ankh stage, due to the on block damage of Sp1/Sp2 and the risks of trying the dex.

Tho the SP1 is not hard to dex even rooted, I think out of 4 hits, you have to do only 2 dexs maybe? Idk, Ill wait to get a little more revives and Ill try a serious run, lets see what combo Im able to reach on the first try, thanks for the info guys!
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how are you ramping aegon on fights you lose? Do you intentionally get him killed in the 6 second window when the heavy combo shield is up?
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,398 ★★★★★
    You pause and quit out
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,169 ★★★★★
    You can also die by block damage as it doesn't reset your combo, but most quit out.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    Ah, okay. Thanks!
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    I usually got to around 125-150 sp3, another 3 and a half combos, relic, another 5 hits, sp2, try my luck with another combo if she doesn't launch sp3, if she does I quit out
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I kept doing the fight normally till she got half the Ankhs, in this case, I should be at 0 power, so Ill keep it going till I get to SP3, try to dont get the AA reduced by the node before doing SP3 to ensure the Stun

Doesn't Class Advantage completely ignore the defender's AAR immunity?
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Member Posts: 236 ★★★
    altavista said:

Jefechuta said:

I kept doing the fight normally till she got half the Ankhs, in this case, I should be at 0 power, so Ill keep it going till I get to SP3, try to dont get the AA reduced by the node before doing SP3 to ensure the Stun

Doesn't Class Advantage completely ignore the defender's AAR immunity?
    The trap node on that path will place a tranquilize on you that can lower the AA of your debuffs.

So this is the max hit combo I was able to get, 273, I wanted to keep it going but I ate too much dmg due to root SP2.

Right now I dont know If I should take advantage of this last try and make it the completion one, tomorrow Ill decide, wish me luck
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,615 ★★★★
    I’m getting ready to tackle necropolis sometime next week…

https://youtu.be/keONmfLFtR8?si=AlbjALaoLjRlIGLe
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    Probably this is thread to post this. This is solely my own opinion and I have not put it to the test, but it's based on the Aegon streams I have watched so far.

The Titania path is NOT the best path to take for an initial completion with Aegon. It LOOKS like it is, due to a Science champ being at the beginning of the path and the ability to ramp up Aegon. I believe that this path is full of fights that even a ramped up Aegon is not ideal for (Aarkus, AirWalker, Captain Britain, Wiccan at least) and people seem to just drop revives / units to clear these fights, under the certainty that they eventually will clear them (and they do).

I believe that the Red Goblin path is MUCH more Aegon-friendly and Aegon seems to be able to clear ALL of those fights with a minimum revive use. Of course, you will have to ramp him at RG, which perhaps it will be a little more difficult than at Titania, but I believe that it is eventually worth it. Seatin, at this path, had 4 straight fights where he used only 1 revive on each (6R5+ Aegon with recoil masteries). Therefore, this fight allows you to have a full team built around Aegon and one additional champ for reverse controls (GM's last phase).

Just my opinion though. But I am personally planning my initial clear around this approach: Red Goblin path.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Member Posts: 905 ★★★

Probably this is thread to post this. This is solely my own opinion and I have not put it to the test, but it's based on the Aegon streams I have watched so far.

The Titania path is NOT the best path to take for an initial completion with Aegon. It LOOKS like it is, due to a Science champ being at the beginning of the path and the ability to ramp up Aegon. I believe that this path is full of fights that even a ramped up Aegon is not ideal for (Aarkus, AirWalker, Captain Britain, Wiccan at least) and people seem to just drop revives / units to clear these fights, under the certainty that they eventually will clear them (and they do).

I believe that the Red Goblin path is MUCH more Aegon-friendly and Aegon seems to be able to clear ALL of those fights with a minimum revive use. Of course, you will have to ramp him at RG, which perhaps it will be a little more difficult than at Titania, but I believe that it is eventually worth it. Seatin, at this path, had 4 straight fights where he used only 1 revive on each (6R5+ Aegon with recoil masteries). Therefore, this fight allows you to have a full team built around Aegon and one additional champ for reverse controls (GM's last phase).

Just my opinion though. But I am personally planning my initial clear around this approach: Red Goblin path.

Let me know your feedback after finishing this path XD

I think Ill do mine with Titania, then RG since I want to explore Necropolis before Xmas
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★

Let me know your feedback after finishing this path XD
    I will but it will be a while. I have some farming to do, sig up Aegon (he is only sig 30), ascend him and if possible from BF deals, take him to R5.
  • OMGofThunderOMGofThunder Member Posts: 1
    I see people talking about losing combos or quitting out. Why not just bring a Proxima to protect your combo then if you get hit you have a safety net and can quit out after that. Then you can't ever lose your combo.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,981 ★★★★★
    Just messing around with aegon and hitting the challenger rating cap isn't hard on Roblin, I might have to consider this more, I don't seem to be able to have the same luck on Titania.