AQ transition window doesn't exist...

LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
While I do really like the new AQ format of being static week long: Monday 11am PST thru Monday 10:59am PST, it's pretty clear that there is an issue after the first week of running. AQ immediately starts up (as expected) but rewards are not going to be immediately distributed (also expected) but this kind of means you are 'stuck'.

While I don't plan on leaving my alliance, alliance changes happen from time to time. My current BG just plans on doing Mon/Tues/Wednes/Thurs for the 4 AQ days (having weekends free). Are officers from both your current and future alliance supposed to just plan on shifting the participation days and not do a Monday in such situations (i realize we have the freedom to do this)? But if you join an alliance after AQ starts, you should be able to earn rank rewards, particularly if you end up participating on all 4 days of the AQ week cycle. Before, if you joined post start of AQ cycle, you wouldn't be able to earn the rank rewards regardless of how many days you played. Will someone be eligible for rank rewards under the new system...? Just seems like there needs to be a cleaner way to accommodate summoners leaving / coming into alliances while giving rewards out to summoners that earned them in the prior week.

@Kabam Jax any insight from the team on this would be nice. Thank you 🤘

Comments

• InfamousMikeInfamousMike Member Posts: 71
    Any news?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,356 Guardian
    Wouldn't you just be able to join an alliance that has a BG start on Wednesday or Tuesday instead? Idk how it works moving alliances, but I would like to think you can claim current rewards, move, and get rewards the next week with your new alliance.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,575 ★★★★★

AQ transition period is just a minor inconvenience, if you accept that you will lose rewards for one AQ week. If we get to talk about problematic, no, rather impossible alliance transition periods, we should be discussing the huge overlapping periods between War and BG seasons. This is an issue that cannot have possibly escaped the attention of the developers and for which we need some feedback.

They have given feedback though. They very clearly stated you have to decide which is more important to you as a player, war or bg rewards. It's intentional that they overlap to reduce alliance hopping.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★

AQ transition period is just a minor inconvenience, if you accept that you will lose rewards for one AQ week. If we get to talk about problematic, no, rather impossible alliance transition periods, we should be discussing the huge overlapping periods between War and BG seasons. This is an issue that cannot have possibly escaped the attention of the developers and for which we need some feedback.

I'm not saying that it impacts me much if at all - just bringing it to the discussion... But to play both weeks in full and not get the rewards, just isn't right IMO. If anything, this just creates more inconvenience in recruiting and trying to juggle people switching (which happens).

Alignment of AQ, AW, and BG scheduling & rewards would be amazing though... Need a hero like @Kabam Zero for that 👀
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Do days 2-5 instead of 1-4 and then you have an entire day.

I'm more concerned about it from an alliance leadership perspective. Our alliance takes the position that it's never acceptable to kick someone before they receive their earned rewards, so we're now in a situation where we have to choose between running shorthanded for a day and not being able to 100% clear map 8, or changing our enlistment days to not run AQ on day 1. When the flexible schedule was introduced, the alliance voted and unanimously decided that they wanted to run Monday thru Thursday, so shifting to Tuesday thru Friday would be going against the vote.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★

I'm not saying that it impacts me much if at all - just bringing it to the discussion... But to play both weeks in full and not get the rewards, just isn't right IMO. If anything, this just creates more inconvenience in recruiting and trying to juggle people switching (which happens).

Alignment of AQ, AW, and BG scheduling & rewards would be amazing though... Need a hero like @Kabam Zero for that 👀
    The alignment issue is always interesting, especially for BG and AW (if it’s something Kabam wants to do). Would we add a week in between BG seasons or remove one from AW off-season? When one of the game modes has issues and is taken down and seasons are delayed (as has happened with AW), are you delaying the BG season until it’s fixed so they stay in alignment?
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

They have given feedback though. They very clearly stated you have to decide which is more important to you as a player, war or bg rewards. It's intentional that they overlap to reduce alliance hopping.
    This @MrSakuragi … it’s not intended to match AW and BG so no changes.