**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I hate the new battlegrounds system

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,394 ★★★★
Last season was bad enough but now I started at Plat 1 and it’s a nightmare . Hardcore from the start and being put against crazy players I have no chance . Seriously can we get the option of opt out of this bad just start from the bottom? I would be willing to to give up the prizes from last season( I didn’t get them anyway. Let me guess either a bug or pinger them only once you win a match?) and I get I there are a lot of crazy player who want to go hardcore from the start but seriously there casual players who also just wan to have fun and slowly work our way up

Comments

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 370 ★★
    If you use energy, you get worse fights…

I played 2 fights with elder marks, fought 2 players my size, and won 🥳

But, 7 fights…I had to pick defender first every time…same as last season 🤮

• Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 70
    You are Rigth OP, there are no way to win and farm points in the process...
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    I will be chill till this weekend….
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am in the same boat as you, but I am fine with the challenge. I got the rewards that would have been earned had I spent time working my way up the ladder. Instead Kabam has given me that time back for other things in life. Yes, other things exist outside of MCOC! I saw the sun for the first time in six years. Thanks, Kabam!
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Love it, 5 matches and get paid
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 237
    Dipped my toes and went "Hell nah!". 5 fights for the combined rewards, 5 humiliating defeats.

Can't understand the meta and counters. Seems to give some bonuses to some science meta champs, but the combination between crazy power gain from trying to Dex specials plus having to negotiate a stupidly strong regen (on the opponent, because if you get it yourself it helps next to nothing), for the meager rewards available this will be a hard pass season.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★
    I personally like seeing a huge chunk of the rewards I would have gotten spoon fed over a week or 2. Now, it does come back to bite me when they do special milestone events. Less VT fights isn't ideal. But oh well.
  • Options
    Im currently struggling with battlegrounds rn trying to farm the currency from there and i get paired up with difficult opponents i started off with 5 losses in a row hopefully if i wait a little itll get easier
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107

GrO_ot78 said:

If you use energy, you get worse fights…

I played 2 fights with elder marks, fought 2 players my size, and won 🥳

But, 7 fights…I had to pick defender first every time…same as last season 🤮

There are not two different Matchmaking parameters based on EMs or Energy.
    We were talking about this in my alli. Myself and others have found using energy matches with significantly weaker accounts than if we used EMs. May be something to do with geographical servers, time of day you play etc. though there’s no smoke without fire