**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Would doing this in BGs get me banned?

I don't enjoy BGs at all. If I play them at all, I generally will only play 3 matches every 2 days to get the 600 tokens. In the past seasons I didn't even want to try to win and just used a deck full of 3* to make the matches go faster. I don't farm points, I'm not trying for milestones. I am quite content to sit in bronze 3 and lose every single match. So I'm not alternating between winning and losing. I just don't see the point in making someone else whittle down a 7* or 6* defender when I have no intention of winning.

I know in a previous Kabam post there was something about not banning people for starting matches, putting down their phones and losing on purpose just to get the 3 matches in for the 2 day objective. But then there was also a snippet saying that filling your deck with lower * champs would get caught.

So anyway, just curious if the behavior described above would lead to a ban. If so, that's fine, no big deal, I just won't play BGs. I'm not going to sit around and complain about missing out on rewards. (Though if I could pick up those tokens every couple of days without fear of getting banned I still would)

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,647 ★★★★★
    You're intentionally losing, which leads to farming points.
  • Options
    If you're losing to get milestones, while it isn't endorsed, won't get you banned. If you're losing so you can keep easy matchups and win against people, then that is where you get issues.
  • Options
    rivetrivet Posts: 255
    edited November 2023
    Is that confirmed if some one just let his phone run 3 matches doing nothing so to lose to get the 600 token milestone every 2 days, he wont get banned?
  • Options
    SlugheadSlughead Posts: 22
    This is a direct quote from the Kabam post (THE WAR ON CHEATERS UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2023):

Things that won’t get your account flagged for action include:
    Being bad at the mode and losing a lot
    Going on long winning or losing streaks
    Legitimately getting stuck in a Victory Track rank, regardless of the pattern of wins and losses
    Queuing into matches and setting your phone down in order to complete the bi-daily objectives (we do not necessarily endorse this behaviour but are not investigating it at this time)
    Queuing into matches and setting your phone down in order to farm event points while losing, unless it is done strategically to avoid progressing (we do not necessarily endorse this behaviour but are not investigating it at this time)

I am doing exactly that, but using a deck of 3* just to make it go faster (except I have to dodge a bit at the beginning, if the match ends too quickly it crashes, or at least it used to)

I am not trying to manipulate the system to look for easy matches. Literally only for the 600 tokens every 2 days.
  • Options
    Farming for the Event Milestones to reach high levels would require much more than just playing 3 matches every couple days.

What OP seems to say is just for the daily (or 2-day) OBJECTIVES, which is NOT the Event Milestones or things that would compare over course of the season to other players total scores.

And they are NOT doing the intentional losing to throttle at keeping just below Platinum (or below GC) in order to do the some-wins / some-losses.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,365 ★★★★
    If you just AFK loose a 100x times you won’t get banned. But if you win a few, then loose to get rid of medals and win again (repeatedly), that’s sus.
  • Options

Tbh i dont get point farming i know kabam said they woukd ban people if they wre caught but i swear most players point farm so i dont know how that will work yes i have seen the post but still gonna be interesting to see who gets banned and stuff

What we are all referring to when we say “point farming” is not actually point farming. You’re right, a lot of people point farm. I point farm. The conduct being referred to is more rightly called “match manipulation to farm points easier.” Most people don’t do that.

The fundamental core behavior involves a) deliberately losing to stay in a VT tier that allows for easier wins, and b) flipping between using energy when you’re deliberately losing and marks when you are deliberately winning against inferior competition to maximize your points from marks.

The first one is anticompetitive and may get you banned. The first in combination with the second is both anticompetitive and exploitive, and will very likely get you banned.