**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Revive Farming Nerf Round 2

I have thought this out over some time to make sure all I say won’t go against any rules that ban me from the forums since that sadly happens way too often. Many times understandable but others are questionable but it’s is what it is.

Now let’s talk about revive farming being nerfed yet again… Now we all have done it, the majority of players from the non spenders to the whales. From non content creator players to YouTubers, CCP members to Kabam employees as well.

Now many will agree and there will be those who don’t lol. Why? Why take away a free resource that still needs to be grinded with energy in a free to play mobile game? Which in return will push people to spend money or have to grind arena and other arenas of the game to save units to purchase revives. And yes that’s how we all used to do it back in the days but this is a far different game now. And for those players who can’t afford to or just chose not to spend what happens if they grind grind grind mass units and get stuck in let’s say Necropolis (since this seems to be the reason why this is happening yet again) and now these free to play players run out of all resources and now have to quit out of the quest and grind units and items for it all over again. That will make people quit the game which is more than understandable.

And yes there is that revive quest we were ok with until you realize it’s bad. The 1 energy 1 has a pic of a L1 revive on it but for the many times I’ve done it and everyone I’ve asked they never got a single revive from it. And then there is the the 2 energy one that shows a L2 revive but you only get 1 single L1 revive from it and nothing else. And that’s 1 a day, revives expire in 14 days so that’s only 14 extra if you start before they start to expire. Which in a game mode like Necro is far too little for the majority of players. Yes there are very skilled players who do it in 10 revives to none. But that’s 1% of the community of players. Can’t justify that for the rest.

To push spending so much is really a disheartening thing to do with a game company that profits way more than it actually should be. And I’m saying this as a former whale. I am a big fish these days due to way to much negative situations that have transpired with the game. Yes Kabam employees are people to as they have said many times in stream, but guess what so are the players and customers who without them the game would’ve ended years ago and many employees of the game company wouldn’t have the jobs they currently do. I’m sure they would have a job somewhere but not for MCOC. It’s the truth like it or not.

Now I’m personally not fully stressing this for myself since I’m a decent player and I spend. I’m writing all this in regards to all those this will really hurt and push them away from MCOC. This community is so amazing most of the time and that’s a huge part of why so many continue to play. Many would’ve quit years ago but we have all made such amazing bonds over MCOC with so many around the world and that definitely keeps a very high percentage playing.

It feels like we move 2 steps forwards and not long after 4 steps backwards with things in MCOC. I just want to have a good time with good people in the game and not have to stress about things that really shouldn’t happen many times. Yes many things Kabam has done needed to be done but there are many that the community will highly disagree with. I’m not attacking anyone nor bashing the company. I’m only speaking on an issue that yet again has not been so player friendly in a free to play mobile video game. The same way people love getting praised for the good things they do they should as adults also take criticism for the bad without banning people from the forums when things are said in a respectful manner.

It would be very nice if something else could be done in return and not like last time with that not good at all revive quest but how about the one we always used to get with the 3 paths that always gave a few revives. The one that ran one day and then a gold quest then an iso quest. But only the revive and health pot one “Halls of Healing” I think it was called. Run that daily and take away the one we were given last time revive farming was nerfed. I think that is more than fair with all I’ve said and would ease the anger of many from what’s happening yet again. Just something to consider.

Lastly its kinda sus that this happens now after all, if not most of the YouTubers and CCP members 100% Necropolis and hype it up so much that everyone else is excited and starts farming items like they have and now its bad again lol. Absolutely not saying this was intentional but it sure does look a bit so. Possibly bad timing but it just doesn’t look right.

Please keep comments respectful. Agree or not let’s not be nasty.

Comments

• Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    Blue_007 said:

Yes and no. It’s fun for a percentage of players but not as much for the most and 80 revives in a month will be 40 since 14 days they expire lol so that won’t help

20 of each in your inventory and you can get 14 more of each in the overflow, 13 if you don’t want to wait until the last minute for a run. that’s 66 revives plus the free team revive from the login calendar each month. basically 70 revives for free you can have at once. using a r4 aegon and playing poorly that’s about what i used in my run of necropolis.you can also save up free crystals to keep a stash of revives saved. revives are still plentiful if you play consistently. and if you don’t think necropolis is fun then don’t do it. i don’t think incursions or battlegrounds are fun so i don’t play them aside from when there are special events tied to them
  • Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 43

Blue_007 said:

Yes and no. It’s fun for a percentage of players but not as much for the most and 80 revives in a month will be 40 since 14 days they expire lol so that won’t help

20 of each in your inventory and you can get 14 more of each in the overflow, 13 if you don’t want to wait until the last minute for a run. that’s 66 revives plus the free team revive from the login calendar each month. basically 70 revives for free you can have at once. using a r4 aegon and playing poorly that’s about what i used in my run of necropolis.you can also save up free crystals to keep a stash of revives saved. revives are still plentiful if you play consistently. and if you don’t think necropolis is fun then don’t do it. i don’t think incursions or battlegrounds are fun so i don’t play them aside from when there are special events tied to them
    To keep up with the game on a certain level you have to complete content. Just the need of the game especially for non spenders. And as I stated in my post not everyone can do a path is a small amount of revives. An average player at best needs at least 100 revives for the easy path with an r5 ascended Aegon. And those free 4 hour crystals are RNG. I’ve opened 400 and got 10 revives. No lie I have the proof lol
  • Options

Blue_007 said:

Tried replying to the response you deleted lol. But you can’t promise something like that. After all they are a business. So it’s expected. Without money they’d crumble. It’s just how it works. And my source of 100+ revives a path for average players are the players saying how many the used lol

• Options
    i didn’t delete it, i tried to edit it to separate everything to make it more readable and now it’s under review :/

and i can almost 100% guarantee they aren’t trying to get money from revives. the fact that necro is possible itemless means that it is very possible to beat it with just free revives. i’m not privy to their exact revenue breakdown but im willing to bet a lot of it is from special offers and not people buying units for revives. someone pointed out in another thread that you can get over 1k units from just milestones in arena each week which is 25 revives if you so choose.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

How is it fun when it’s extremely roster dependent? Most long form content champs like Black Cat dont even work.

The revive farm was the only thing that didn’t make it a unit dump/pay wall form of content.

I can never understand how some people would want good things like this nerfed.

Remember the Namor nerf? A ton of people from my old alliances had quit after that.

They’re already reeling in loads of cash from their deals, they dont have to severely bombard the one good thing we had.

When they go through with this, they need to bump up the capacity for revives, potions, and refills. The fact the capacity for everything including catalysts went up besides consumables....

I fear the game is headed towards a direction of Greed that could potentially lead to its downfall as more and more pro player nerfs are done.

i thought it was fun, but that’s subjective i guess. i think the manor nerf was silly too. as for the revive nerf refer to dna’s response, he put it brilliantly. having an infinite number of revives kinda breaks the balance of the game
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

How is it fun when it’s extremely roster dependent? Most long form content champs like Black Cat dont even work.

The revive farm was the only thing that didn’t make it a unit dump/pay wall form of content.

I can never understand how some people would want good things like this nerfed.

Remember the Namor nerf? A ton of people from my old alliances had quit after that.

They’re already reeling in loads of cash from their deals, they dont have to severely bombard the one good thing we had.

When they go through with this, they need to bump up the capacity for revives, potions, and refills. The fact the capacity for everything including catalysts went up besides consumables....

I fear the game is headed towards a direction of Greed that could potentially lead to its downfall as more and more pro player nerfs are done.

i thought it was fun, but that’s subjective i guess. i think the manor nerf was silly too. as for the revive nerf refer to dna’s response, he put it brilliantly. having an infinite number of revives kinda breaks the balance of the game
    Nerfing it the ground is not the solution though as now there’s a severe disparity in ways of obtaining/grinding them. To counter this, they could revamp RoL to have some l4 pots, have 22h events give l3 revives in a new max level milestone higher than the current. Increased drop rates in EQ etc.

Just nerfing it to the ground opens a whole can of worms in itself
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

To keep up with the game on a certain level you have to complete content. Just the need of the game especially for non spenders. And as I stated in my post not everyone can do a path is a small amount of revives. An average player at best needs at least 100 revives for the easy path with an r5 ascended Aegon. And those free 4 hour crystals are RNG. I’ve opened 400 and got 10 revives. No lie I have the proof lol
    They can nerf the farms, or they can increase the difficulty of Everest content like the Necropolis until it takes you five hundred revives instead. Content isn't created in a vacuum. They don't just arbitrarily make content of a certain difficulty, and if players smash through it with free revives then oh well. They *measure* difficulty by the success rate of players. If they think the content is hard and players blast through it with unlimited revives, that means they were wrong and the next one will be harder, and harder, and harder. Carina's challenges are very obviously designed with the premise that players will have tons of revives to grind through it.

It is almost certainly no coincidence that the most extreme revive farms were tackled this year, almost certainly while Necropolis was in development. The developers were confronted with the knowledge that Necropolis would prompt players to simply grind up hundreds of revives to face roll through it. Which meant either the revive farms go, Necropolis opponents get a billion points of health, or they put road block fights in there that cannot be beaten with any amount of revives. The 6.2 champion was like that: you could have a thousand revives and it wouldn't matter if you couldn't get the timing right. Fights like Air Walker in Necropolis come close, in that if you don't fight the fight correctly he'll just heal to full and no amount of revives can counter that, but he's not nearly as much of a road block as 6.2 Champion.

In a world where you get all the revives you want, Everest content would contain fights revives would not help you in. FIghts where you cannot simply throw revives at it and eventually get passed it. We can still get tons of revives, approaching a hundred even for free to play players (20 each of L1 and L2 in inventory, 14 each in stash, and if you don't claim 22 hr rewards immediately you can stack those up for at least a week or more gets to 75 before things like buying EQ completion packs). But even those revives would do no player any good if players were allowed to farm vast amounts of revives, forcing the devs to make top tier content that was essentially revive-proof.

To be blunt, if you are a top tier players the revive farms are just a convenience, not a necessity. None of those players needs revives in such huge quantities. And if you are a lower tier player, the revive farms are also mostly just a convenience and not a necessity because most of those players aren't likely attempting content that requires hundreds of revives. And if they are, they are playing over their head. It is really the players who are not top tier players but think the game owes them a path to top tier progression that have the most problems with the revive farms. The players who need two hundred revives to do high tier content, or who need revives constantly because everything they do constantly bleeds revives every month, every week, every day.

Revives are not just a different kind of energy. Revives are not there to spend to autocomplete content. Revives are a second chance. You die in content, you get a second chance to complete it. And if everyone has an unlimited amount of second chances, then either all content is meaningless or the only content with any difficulty will be content that the vast majority of players will *never* complete, because no amount of effort will complete it: it will be "have top tier skills" or fail. And that would be an immensely hostile game.

You think you "need" those revives. Well, the devs need to be able to make difficult content that can't just be steamrolled easily. If you get the revives, the devs will not make content you can use them in. They will find another way to make content difficult that neutralizes the advantage of those revives, or makes it so hard you'll need thousands, not hundreds. What will you do then?
    That’s a lot. Well said though lol. Even with the revive farming it’s still takes skills and specific champs at higher ranks to complete. Revives don’t make it easier, only cheaper. Which comes down to revenue earned or in this case not earned for the company.

I love end game content. It excites me as it does many players. But to do what’s is constantly done to push spending or push players to login more to do things in game they don’t enjoy just to earn enough resources to do what they do like is not really player friendly. For example many dislike arena and incursions and bgs yet will be forced to do them to earn units and rank up mats to rank certain champs needed for Necro if they even have them. I understand where you are coming from and appreciate the respectful way you responded. But there are two sides to this situation. Those who see this as Kabam heroes and those who see this as Kabam villains lol. And btw 6.2 Champn boss wasn’t that bad. I 100% it all way before they nerfed it and made it a joke.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

I hope with this nerf Kabam will buff the apothecary, surely they will not just take away something without giving anything in return, surely.

I did mention that as something that would be nice lol
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,527 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I hope with this nerf Kabam will buff the apothecary, surely they will not just take away something without giving anything in return, surely.

It’s already been buffed. Remember when it was only open 5 days a week? 😆
  • Options
    MethodMan69MethodMan69 Posts: 76
    It feels like they already nerfed it , did act 5.4.6 ,4 times and not a single revive
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,860 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Surely they're finally going to update the potions after 7 months of silence ... and the inventory capacity as well ... surely ...
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 307 ★★
    i can get necro done before they nerf it. done 3 paths. but yes i will quit the game one day when new everest content drop and i can't farm revive anymore.
    all those revives are from farming , not free at all. like we have to farm aq and aw for other resourses. that's just the same. farming is basically the common thing in a game. why take it away just to force ppl spend?
    good luck keep this game alive without letting ftp player keep pushing in game.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 247 ★★
    edited November 2023
    I agree with @DNA3000 . Very well put.

@Ngoalong711 There is nothing about this game that forces you to do everest content. If you don't complete it, you will still advance your roster. You'll just do it a bit later.

I am a relatively recent player - started about a year ago. And I've never done any everest content, and I've only kicked the company 7 bucks in all the time I've been playing, as a show of appreciation more than anything else. And my roster is fine. Sure, I'm not valiant. But I have 10 7*s, and one 7r2 (by exploring act 8.3). Sure, there are people with a lot stronger rosters than that. But it's not bad!

Also, there's another thing to consider here. For a lot of players, the fun comes from the challenge. The challenge is what makes success so rewarding, when it does come.

I can definitely relate to the frustration of getting 90% of the way through a necropolis run, investing so many game resources, and feeling pinned between either giving up or spending money. That feeling really sucks.

But you have to remember: if you're a f2p player, all you've really lost from an aborted necro run is your time. Time to get those revives and units that you spent. But still just time. And if you had fun while you were doing it, then what did you really lose?
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 292 ★★★
    Remember to add a TL;DR 🤗
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 304 ★★★
    I doubt Kabam will nerf this one, so not sure why this thread in the first place? i’d agree with it if they already nerfed it. Then yes, they’d be so out of touch, and that would anger a lot of people… Especially after they said they won’t bring percentage base healing, ever…

and DNA above wrote one of his manifestos, labeling players high/low out of his piece. I got a big account, I’m a spender for this game, yet i also need to farm revives. Also farming isn’t easy, you still spend energy and real time, neither of which is limitless…

Either way, i believe Kabam’s headed a different path where they’re more pro-player. So, again i doubt they’d do this.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    I think the problem also lies in the fact that what can be farmed is 20% revives. 20% is not a lot of health. I speak from personal experience in necropolis that if I healed up to full it was like 3 revives worth. Taking a couple of block hits or 1 hit at 20% health can mean sudden death, meaning you need another revive. While taking a hit at 100% health doesn't neccessarely mean that, you can probably mess up again and maybe another time before you die.

In that sense I think that 10 lvl4 health potions (50k health) holds the same value as 1 or 2 revives. If kabam would implement 2 lvl4 health pots for 100% apothecary and 2 lvl4 health potions in the 24h solo event, I think that would feel a lot better.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,196 ★★★★★

I think the problem also lies in the fact that what can be farmed is 20% revives. 20% is not a lot of health. I speak from personal experience in necropolis that if I healed up to full it was like 3 revives worth. Taking a couple of block hits or 1 hit at 20% health can mean sudden death, meaning you need another revive. While taking a hit at 100% health doesn't neccessarely mean that, you can probably mess up again and maybe another time before you die.

In that sense I think that 10 lvl4 health potions (50k health) holds the same value as 1 or 2 revives. If kabam would implement 2 lvl4 health pots for 100% apothecary and 2 lvl4 health potions in the 24h solo event, I think that would feel a lot better.

Revive farmers don't need HP potions, ever, unless it's some unique fights with special bosses
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Revive farmers don't need HP potions, ever, unless it's some unique fights with special bosses
    Yes, that was my point. They don't need potions because they can farm a lot of revives. If they can't do that, it could be remediated by making potions more available.

If you're at 20% health and a mistake kills you then you need a revive. If you're at 100% and a mistake brings you to 60%, then the next mistake brings you to 20% and then the next mistake kills you, you would need a lot less revives. I hope the point I'm making is clear.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,518 ★★★★
    I understand why it's happened but if that's the case they need to delete the level 1 apothecary make L2 rewards the new L1 and have a new L2 that gives you two guaranteed revives a day so you can get 3 revives a day by 100% both difficulties. Nothing broken but a steady free revive pool. Level 1 apothecary right now barely helps out act 2 players, let alone people challenging thanos, maestro and beyond.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 637 ★★★

I doubt Kabam will nerf this one, so not sure why this thread in the first place? i’d agree with it if they already nerfed it. Then yes, they’d be so out of touch, and that would anger a lot of people… Especially after they said they won’t bring percentage base healing, ever…

and DNA above wrote one of his manifestos, labeling players high/low out of his piece. I got a big account, I’m a spender for this game, yet i also need to farm revives. Also farming isn’t easy, you still spend energy and real time, neither of which is limitless…

Either way, i believe Kabam’s headed a different path where they’re more pro-player. So, again i doìubt they’d do this.

Kabam Jax said they are putting an end to revives on old act content in January and many summoners including myself, have noticed this has actually happened already, despite the insistence of Jax that they have not silently nerfed the spots already.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 421 ★★★

i can get necro done before they nerf it. done 3 paths. but yes i will quit the game one day when new everest content drop and i can't farm revive anymore.

It seems many people either forget or don't know how recent revive farming is. The initial changes to early acts that introduced viable revive farming happened in November 2021, just 2 years ago. Abyss, Labyrinth, the original Summer of Pain, the first appearance of the Gauntlet, none of these came out when mass revive farming was an option. The only way to reliably obtain revives was a single l1 from 22hr events, and units. (At the very beginning, ROL fights dropped revives, but I don't know exactly when that was changed, and it was gone long before any of that content existed) Believe it or not, f2p players still managed to complete this difficult content, they just had to be more intentional with obtaining their revives
  • Options

I understand why it's happened but if that's the case they need to delete the level 1 apothecary make L2 rewards the new L1 and have a new L2 that gives you two guaranteed revives a day so you can get 3 revives a day by 100% both difficulties. Nothing broken but a steady free revive pool. Level 1 apothecary right now barely helps out act 2 players, let alone people challenging thanos, maestro and beyond.

Yeah the 1 energy one doesn’t give a single revive. I’ve ran it dozens of times and not once got anything. Even though th pic shows a L1 revive. And the 2 energy one shows a L2 revive and you get only a L1 revive.