**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Time for another as-it-happens Necropolis thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrillibossTrilliboss Posts: 266 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    my life is simple 1)i wake up 2)i open my phone 3)put awesome on magrailothos comment 4) sleep
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    Well, I've got through!

Another slow old-timer has crept over the line; generously contributing exactly 100 deaths to the Crypt Counter.

This fight was almost entirely about Aegon. But not quite... I only got the Grandmaster wounded about four or five times, but Aegon's damage is crazy enough to add up even the rest of the time.

Stage 1 was harder than I thought to get through. With the fresh challenges, watching the mechanics and trying to re-learn GM's animations, I just kept forgetting to watch out for the red light/green light. That cost a few lives.

Stage 2 passed incredibly quickly, with a couple of Wounded stages.

Stage 3 contained what I'm proud to say may be the shortest Grandmaster fight ever, at 1 second. He entered, he threw a heavy, I tried to Dex with Reverse Controls... I died instantly.

Come to think of it, what the heck was Heimdall doing when that happened? Actually, it's entirely possible that was Heimdall; as I occasionally threw in other team members after using a team revive.

Ah well. I actually felt I was getting a bit better at reverse controls after a few deaths. Aegon punched, kicked and clawed the Grandmaster down to 1% and I was finally in phase 4.

At which point, and I'm not exactly sure why this was, the GM starting hitting me every single time with his SP1. And if he does, you just have to watch it happen: Get hit with the beam... Stand helplessly whilst he giggles with his blocks, and you very slowly get hit with three missiles... Watch in horror as he goes instantly to SP3... And then sit through that as well. Man, it was frustrating! I had been much better at avoiding it in stages 1-2; and frankly, probably better in stage 3. What the heck?

Over the course of a few tries, I managed to hit GM with an intercept, the SP1, even the SP2 (actually I think Aegon got the SP2 as he pushed GM into this phase, which helped). But as Wiccan died over and over again, getting to an SP3 seemed almost impossible. In slight desperation, I decided to throw a Team revive at it, to try practicing a bit. Were the constantly switching controls really that bad?

Actually, no. Since Block and Light attacks never changed, it was possible. Not that Heimdall or Proxima would say so, as they died very rapidly. But as I made my third 'sacrificial lamb' play, something happened. Where Wiccan had struggled to get to his own SP3, one woman rose to take his place as the final champion of the Necropolis.

It was, fittingly, Shuri. Somehow I managed to attack with her, doing no damage whatsoever with a flurry of frenzied light attacks. I was pushing GM to special attacks, and didn't care: Shuri can block Unblockable attacks. I went too far and pushed him to an SP2, and Shuri tanked it like she was the freaking Hulk, coming out on the other side of Grandmaster's dazzling SP2 with three beautiful bars of power.

I hit the Special button and watched Shuri go nuts with her SP3 animation, finally flattening the Grandmaster in a burst of electric mayhem.

It was so deliciously unexpected to finish the fight when I wasn't using the reverse-control-immune champion I'd brought in specifically for that purpose. I'm still on a bit of a high now 😉.

I hope it's been at least a slightly diverting read; and hopefully another example that a relatively old and modestly-skilled player can still get through this kind of content.

And in case it needed saying again: Shuri is amazing 😄. If you've got her, even as a 6*: rank that woman up - you won't regret it!
  • Options