**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It’s not too late to SAVE the Banquet

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
I’ve never seen such a bad reception to arguably the BIGGEST event of the year!

I’m not sure wether it’s to hit the unit hoarders, and the store deals will be epic, or because the gap has just become so distorted since July 4th and how insane those deals were.

But honestly I would be suprised if an emergency meeting wouldn’t have been held to see if any changes can be implemented before the event starts.

Just wondering what everyone thinks.

Yeah, sure, money will be made, but I would put it more than 80% are unhappy with it.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    What you've described is an expectation issue.
  • Options
    Anytime after something like July 4th for example, or Necropolis, people start to believe that's the new standard.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

I’ve never seen such a bad reception to arguably the BIGGEST event of the year!

What are you talking about? The community has never received any rewards for major events well. Every event the gap gets bigger or someone gets slapped in the face.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    Emergency meeting?
    More like meme meeting, to laugh at us losing our minds 🥴
  • Options

Also, as far as I know, no one has moved past the need for 6* Champions.

It’s amazing these kinds of comments are made without any mention of the sheer number units it will take to acquire these 6 stars in relation to where they already exist in the game.

They aren’t handing out 6 stars …. They are your reward for throwing thousands upon thousand of units away.
    That's nothing new. I've been here for 9 years. The Event has lots of RNG swag, some Milestones, and the majority of anything large or significant comes from the highest Rankings.
    It's never been an Event that people can stockpile Units and get there without spending.
  • Options
    NuttyClipsYTNuttyClipsYT Posts: 19
    They are oblivious to the lackluster feeling of the rewards for higher up players. We are the main ones spending money, grinding the game, and have been here the longest. But hey, Kabam isn't new to screwing people over xD
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

An "emergency meeting"?

LOL.

That's what I think.

I’ve worked for big corporations and when they do something that get a huge backlash or negative reception, meetings are a thing.

You might know one day when your working.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★

An "emergency meeting"?

LOL.

That's what I think.

Amoung us
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

I've gone over the list of Items in the Crystals, and the Milestones, a few times now. I don't know what the expectation was that people had, but I can say the reactions are exaggerated. They have a range of payouts in them. It's never going to be the highest payout alone, because the game doesn't operate like that. Honestly, I'm struggling to see what else people wanted to see from it.

Clickbait obviously, but the reasonable answers to your question is all around if you scroll through some threads and read.

As for OP’s thread—yes, it is too late to save the Banquet. Post-Yuletide dieting came early this year for MCoC. Savor the fast.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

An "emergency meeting"?

LOL.

That's what I think.

I’ve worked for big corporations and when they do something that get a huge backlash or negative reception, meetings are a thing.

LIke what? I'm curious what big corporation you've worked for where you know for a fact that they met as an "emergency meeting" to make a change of course immediately.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I've gone over the list of Items in the Crystals, and the Milestones, a few times now. I don't know what the expectation was that people had, but I can say the reactions are exaggerated. They have a range of payouts in them. It's never going to be the highest payout alone, because the game doesn't operate like that. Honestly, I'm struggling to see what else people wanted to see from it.

Clickbait obviously, but the reasonable answers to your question is all around if you scroll through some threads and read.

As for OP’s thread—yes, it is too late to save the Banquet. Post-Yuletide dieting came early this year for MCoC. Savor the fast.

Dr. Zola
    That's not clickbait. It was also rhetorical. I disagree with the degree of pushback. It's one thing to say we would like to have seen more or something else added. It's another to dramatize it as a total wash. There are some useful things in the Event. Not everything is tailored to what we personally want, and I have never seen that outcome from a Gifting/Banquet Event. So the expectations are unreasonable in my opinion.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

An "emergency meeting"?

LOL.

That's what I think.

LOL I am a team lead at a global software company, but that has zero to do with anything we're talking about here.

The joke here is that you consider this an emergency or that you assume Kabam does. It is not an emergency, and I suspect they will make gobs of money on this, just not from you.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    That's not clickbait. It was also rhetorical. I disagree with the degree of pushback. It's one thing to say we would like to have seen more or something else added. It's another to dramatize it as a total wash. There are some useful things in the Event. Not everything is tailored to what we personally want, and I have never seen that outcome from a Gifting/Banquet Event. So the expectations are unreasonable in my opinion.
    You don't think there's a problem with an event that is supposed to be a celebration in MCOC, then a sizeable demographic of the game look at the top rewards and there's nothing they want from there?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    It happened everytime after the introduction of a new champ tier + progression lvl... I don't know why people are surprised.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    It's too late because there is unstoppable marching of time that is slowly guiding us all towards an inevitable unchanged Banquet event.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Hey, they gave us the present of keeping money in our wallets. That's a plus side for me, can spend it on stuff I actually need rather than virtual stuff I'd have inevitably bought
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 693 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Why are you obsessed with the concept of spending to get things instead of fightning to get things? Go do necro with your units or wait for content.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Why are you obsessed with the concept of spending to get things instead of fightning to get things? Go do necro with your units or wait for content.

Buying stuff with units has always been part of the game. From the moment you start an account the game makes you buy a PHC.
    Do you want to get rid of the store? Paragon / Cavalier crystals? Let's see how long it takes for the game to tank.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Strawmanning: “Not everything is tailored to what we personally want.” That’s not the chief complaint here.

You say you are “struggling to see what else people wanted to see” from the milestones and crystals. What do you think people wanted to see?

Dr. Zola