**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

for kate bishop players

when i was practicing sauron and red goblin fight with kate in necropolis, i tend to go coldsnap first then stack up my fragility because of the nature of the trap node. my first coldsnap dmg was about 2,700ish, my 2nd and 3rd was about 7,000. when i keep stacking coldsnaps, the damage stays the same. So, my conclusion, the consecutive coldsnaps doesnt override the 1st coldsnap.

so my question, is this intended or not?

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Mocaman said:

when i was practicing sauron and red goblin fight with kate in necropolis, i tend to go coldsnap first then stack up my fragility because of the nature of the trap node. my first coldsnap dmg was about 2,700ish, my 2nd and 3rd was about 7,000. when i keep stacking coldsnaps, the damage stays the same. So, my conclusion, the consecutive coldsnaps doesnt override the 1st coldsnap.

While using the america chavez synergy, you can stack 3 coldsnaps.
    So when you apply the fourth coldsnap, it will replace the first coldsnap with current potency. So if you replace coldsnaps after applying fragilities, the new coldsnap do have increased potency.
    If you still feel the coldsnaps are not replacing, it's either a bug or you're overlooking something
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Mocaman said:

I have felt the same happening. Could you share some gameplay?
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Share gameplay for this, mine works fine
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,735 ★★★★★
    If you refresh the coldsnap in the corner the order gets scrambled, your best bet is to go for a sp2 and hope they cancel out the weak coldsnap.
  • Options
    MocamanMocaman Posts: 67

https://youtu.be/jDtw0OofZkg?si=WkY9D-myqLWuVdi2

So you'll see that first coldsnap is about 2900, 2nd about 70, so is the 3rd. in total about 16,900. When i tried to stack again, it seems like overrides the 3rd coldsnap, resulting the same damage.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    If Kate was bugged i feel like MSD would have gone full Rambo on Kaham to fix it ASAP tbh
  • Options
    Zuro said:

If you refresh the coldsnap in the corner the order gets scrambled, your best bet is to go for a sp2 and hope they cancel out the weak coldsnap.

So you cant make sure to override the weaker coldsnap?
  • Options
    Mocaman said:

Zuro said:

If you can apply 3 coldsnaps without refreshing you can. An easy trick is that when you have all the dialed in passives needed, save up to 2.5+ bars of power and sp2 then combo into a sp1 and that easily places 3 without having to refresh. Although make sure your opponent doesnt have too much power
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Mocaman said:

Zuro said:

If you can apply 3 coldsnaps without refreshing you can. An easy trick is that when you have all the dialed in passives needed, save up to 2.5+ bars of power and sp2 then combo into a sp1 and that easily places 3 without having to refresh. Although make sure your opponent doesnt have too much power
    ahhh thanks, appreciate it. but why is this the case tho?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    A buddy of mine told me that Kate is currently bugged to where her cold snap damage doesnt get “updated”. If this is actually the case, I’m surprised that it hasn’t been fixed yet
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    TBH, I felt the same thing about coldsnap's not getting replaced by the stronger one's, when I applied them on my 4th or 5th dialed in passive.
  • Options
    Mocaman said:

Zuro said:

Mocaman said:

Zuro said:

ahhh thanks, appreciate it. but why is this the case tho?
    No idea, probably just an oversight the remains unsolved currently unfortunately
  • Options
    JockJonnyJockJonny Posts: 237 ★★
    I have a different question for Kate bishop players

Quite a number of times I’ve found my heavy doesn’t refresh the debuffs. Would this be an ability accuracy reduction type thing?
    I can’t remember specifically who I was fighting but I think knull was one of them Mainly in Bgs that I’ve noticed with victory track meta
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    JockJonny said:

I have a different question for Kate bishop players

Quite a number of times I’ve found my heavy doesn’t refresh the debuffs. Would this be an ability accuracy reduction type thing?
    I can’t remember specifically who I was fighting but I think knull was one of them Mainly in Bgs that I’ve noticed with victory track meta

It will only refresh the debuffs if the opponents are knocked against the wall by the heavy.
    I mean, if you launch the heavy and the opponent gets koncked down on their side of wall, the debuffs are refreshed. Otherwise, it won't get refreshed.
  • Options
    JockJonnyJockJonny Posts: 237 ★★
    Ahh gotcha. Total Kate noob here haha Thx for clarifying that for me
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    I’ve brought this up with DLL because it’s something I’ve noticed, he said he will take a look. It definitely appears to be bugged.

From what he told me, he requested new tech for it, and there could be some edge case which is not catching this specific issue.

My guess is the edge case might be stacking the arrows with Chavez synergy or the order/amount stacked arrow effects. But it’s anyone’s guess.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Mocaman said:

https://youtu.be/jDtw0OofZkg?si=WkY9D-myqLWuVdi2

So you'll see that first coldsnap is about 2900, 2nd about 70, so is the 3rd. in total about 16,900. When i tried to stack again, it seems like overrides the 3rd coldsnap, resulting the same damage.

Yes I had this happen in my testing.
  • Options
    MCOCHazza said:

I’ve brought this up with DLL because it’s something I’ve noticed, he said he will take a look. It definitely appears to be bugged.

From what he told me, he requested new tech for it, and there could be some edge case which is not catching this specific issue.

My guess is the edge case might be stacking the arrows with Chavez synergy or the order/amount stacked arrow effects. But it’s anyone’s guess.

wow really appreciate that! if there is a follow up pls let us know :)
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    i've been noticing this while fighting against the mr fantastic in necropolis as well