Options

S14 battleground.

This nodes seems really scary for victory track. Current meta is tough with lots of rng involved for that regen but still doable. This one feels well.. scary

1. Polka dot power and power shield: This means you can't do any damage to without having dot champs. Problem is there are many dot champs that have their dot effect locked to some specials say Hawkeye can bleed but only when he can reach atleast 1 sp, here in this I guess you can't reach sp cause of Polka dot power and your basics will do no damage cause of power shield. So bringing champs that cannot apply dot on basic attacks means instant loss in this meta.
2. Immunities: as it is a dot predominant meta champs with many immunites, or resistance will be absolutely painful. All robots are bleed poison immune, iceman, absman,magnetos, scorpion, mephisto, will all be extremely painful if you do not draft proper dot champs.
3. Attacker buff: feels quite weak, #offensive dot champs can gain a vicous "buff" which means that will be a thing for concern against mystics and those who runs high md mastery. And all #offensive dot champs can't inflict dot through their basic hits like Hawkeye, red hulk, peni parker, so they won't be useful.

In short if I am not wrong, this season 14 of battleground will have the most roaster dependent and toughest node of all victory tracks.

You need:

1. Full 30 champion deck that can inflict dot on basics.( this is huge atleast for me lol)
2. You need to draft proper dot champs against defenders with immunities, suppose you drafted all bleed champions and all your defenders are robot.. oh no.
3. You need to be careful against mystic even with dot champs cause vicious is a buff.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,323 ★★★★★

This nodes seems really scary for victory track. Current meta is tough with lots of rng involved for that regen but still doable. This one feels well.. scary

1. Polka dot power and power shield: This means you can't do any damage to without having dot champs. Problem is there are many dot champs that have their dot effect locked to some specials say Hawkeye can bleed but only when he can reach atleast 1 sp, here in this I guess you can't reach sp cause of Polka dot power and your basics will do no damage cause of power shield. So bringing champs that cannot apply dot on basic attacks means instant loss in this meta.
    2. Immunities: as it is a dot predominant meta champs with many immunites, or resistance will be absolutely painful. All robots are bleed poison immune, iceman, absman,magnetos, scorpion, mephisto, will all be extremely painful if you do not draft proper dot champs.
    3. Attacker buff: feels quite weak, #offensive dot champs can gain a vicous "buff" which means that will be a thing for concern against mystics and those who runs high md mastery. And all #offensive dot champs can't inflict dot through their basic hits like Hawkeye, red hulk, peni parker, so they won't be useful.

In short if I am not wrong, this season 14 of battleground will have the most roaster dependent and toughest node of all victory tracks.

You need:

1. Full 30 champion deck that can inflict dot on basics.( this is huge atleast for me lol)
    2. You need to draft proper dot champs against defenders with immunities, suppose you drafted all bleed champions and all your defenders are robot.. oh no.
    3. You need to be careful against mystic even with dot champs cause vicious is a buff.

Yea I kind in the same position. My rankings champion isn’t with a lot of dot so for me next season but that’s it
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Something is telling me you werent around for the power burn meta

No I wasn’t I only played this session my self but this session 14 not locked fun in anyway
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I dislike Bg because of that reason definitely need a big roster with dot to and half of those I hav is r3 or r1 I never played dot champion as much
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

Which season was power burn meta, when I play bg i reach gladiators circuit everytime. But I was not in game for 2 3 months so asking
  • Options

Shuri, weapon x, venom, iceman, human torch, archangel, toad, immortal abomination, werewolf by night, morbius, scorpion, warlock, nick fury, Nimrod, guillotine 2099, Doom, Rintrah, infamous iron man, omega sentinel, black panther, spot, tigra, apocalypse, hit monkey, namor, etc. All have a way to inflict damaging debuffs with basic attacks. Not all are #offensive DOT champs, but they should still be serviceable.

This meta won't be nearly as limiting as the power burn meta was, or as the decay meta was for a lot of people.

Decay meta was the one where they offered guillotine piece right? That wasn't a problem for me personally.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,372 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Which season was power burn meta, when I play bg i reach gladiators circuit everytime. But I was not in game for 2 3 months so asking
    I wanna say 6 but I'm really not sure. It was the most fun one but also the one everyone hated the most because of how restrictive it was.
  • Options

Don't forget you can also use power gain champs. Hype, Vision Arkus, havok, adam warlock, dragonman all have the ability to gain power naturally to throw specials. Ghost can also gain power by missing if awakened. There are probably others I am forgetting right now. These ones will not be useful in the second GC meta though.

Yeah power gain champs will work right?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I wanna say 6 but I'm really not sure. It was the most fun one but also the one everyone hated the most because of how restrictive it was.
    Oh that was many seasons ago, i probably missed that may be. For me s14 looks the toughest till now.
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★

Decay meta was the one where they offered guillotine piece right? That wasn't a problem for me personally.

I think so. My roster fit that meta nicely, I went farther into the GC than I ever had that season, but a lot in my ally really struggled with it due to not having enough of the right champs ranked.

• Options
    Power gain champions, and mystics with MD will be fine in this meta. I personally can't wait to see Black Cat permabanned this meta 🤣
  • Options
    To everyone dis agerd with me i understand you guys won’t face the problem but i just saying it out of my roster and draft it wouldn’t be fun I never said it wasn’t fun
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

S14 looks fine. This season’s GC meta was the absolute worst we’ve had though, so I’m happy we’re getting something new soon

when I got to gc this season I completely stop playing because it was either sp3 or something mine mistake some time ai

• Options
    Pikolu said:

Power gain champions, and mystics with MD will be fine in this meta. I personally can't wait to see Black Cat permabanned this meta 🤣

I won’t ban black cat like to se how fast se finished after that’s I may ban
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Shuri, weapon x, venom, iceman, human torch, archangel, toad, immortal abomination, werewolf by night, morbius, scorpion, warlock, nick fury, Nimrod, guillotine 2099, Doom, Rintrah, infamous iron man, omega sentinel, black panther, spot, tigra, apocalypse, hit monkey, namor, etc. All have a way to inflict damaging debuffs with basic attacks. Not all are #offensive DOT champs, but they should still be serviceable.

This meta won't be nearly as limiting as the power burn meta was, or as the decay meta was for a lot of people.

Nimrods wouldn’t be to good unless it against a prowess champion
    Unless I mis remember how he works against don’t believe he can get a shock one
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 595 ★★★

Don't forget you can also use power gain champs. Hype, Vision Arkus, havok, adam warlock, dragonman all have the ability to gain power naturally to throw specials. Ghost can also gain power by missing if awakened. There are probably others I am forgetting right now. These ones will not be useful in the second GC meta though.

from past experience, the node overrides the power gain ability, so they cannot gain power unless they apply a DOT effect
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Yeah, it'll have to be versus prowess or regen champs for him, but that's still a potential option.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 861 ★★★★
    Pretty much anything they can dream up would be an improvement on this season’s gc meta.
  • Options

Gamer said:

Yeah, it'll have to be versus prowess or regen champs for him, but that's still a potential option.
    Agerd
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

Not for nothing, but isn't an underlying point of BGs to push the diversity of one's roster, rather than simply nuking everything with the same four or 5 champs?

And also, you probably don't want a deck full of champs that inflict DoTs. You probably want at least 10 meta defenders. Champs like Emma that are debuff immune in diamond form, or have multiple immunities, or a high tenacity to shrug off debuffs.

That's at least how I plan to build out my deck.

That’s true
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 212 ★★
    I don't think OS will be a practical attacker either. In order to get her DoT without a special, you'd have to build up 10 armors and then wait for an autoblock. It's certainly more viable than champs without any non-special DoT options, but it would be a climb.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    jdschw said:

I don't think OS will be a practical attacker either. In order to get her DoT without a special, you'd have to build up 10 armors and then wait for an autoblock. It's certainly more viable than champs without any non-special DoT options, but it would be a climb.

I haven't played her in a while, but doesn't she inflict incinerate after building 3 debuffs? That's 3 heavies and you're good.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,638 ★★★★★
    Morbius and ghost will cook in like 25 secs.
  • Options

from past experience, the node overrides the power gain ability, so they cannot gain power unless they apply a DOT effect
    This
  • Options
    Th0rIRLTh0rIRL Posts: 31
    Just released a guide for the new meta with TOP 20 champs off+def , consider subsribing please : https://youtu.be/xm7qUQ4ItVM
  • Options
    BobsBobs Posts: 21
    All 30 champs in your deck don’t need to be suitable for attack…