**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Marvel Heroes Omega - Could Contest of Heroes Suffer the Same Fate?

I started playing Marvel Heroes Omega 4 months ago or so. Played hard for a couple months and spent some cash and then Shadow of War released and stopped playing for awhile (and then after that I got hooked on this game)... so I found out today that it has been shut down! So the money I spent is mostly gone now (they are doing a refund for recent spent money in that game but the majority of my spending was days before their seemingly arbitrary cut-off date) and I cannot play the game I got really into and invested in (and was going to get back into... it was a MMO so taking a couple months off should not have been the end of my experience).

Anyways it just has me a bit worried that this game might have this happen at some point soon if Disney/Marvel put it on the chopping block for whatever reason (though maybe mobile license is safer then the console and PC one?). I hope not... I invested into this game too so it would be very frustrating if I were to get rolled on yet another high dollar Marvel videogame investment. From what I hear though this game is still making good money so that should not happen soon I suppose... right?

Comments

• Options
    Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
    There's coming the most wanted movie from all times from a superhero that means that Marvel company is better than ever, Marvel Contest is at his prime, they will release a major update in few days, they said they have plans for some more years, why do you even worry right now about the Contest?
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    That's the thing with mobile games with in app purchases.

They can shut it down tomorrow and they wont owe you a thing.
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    I started playing Marvel Heroes Omega 4 months ago or so. Played hard for a couple months and spent some cash and then Shadow of War released and stopped playing for awhile (and then after that I got hooked on this game)... so I found out today that it has been shut down! So the money I spent is mostly gone now (they are doing a refund for recent spent money in that game but the majority of my spending was days before their seemingly arbitrary cut-off date) and I cannot play the game I got really into and invested in (and was going to get back into... it was a MMO so taking a couple months off should not have been the end of my experience).

Anyways it just has me a bit worried that this game might have this happen at some point soon if Disney/Marvel put it on the chopping block for whatever reason (though maybe mobile license is safer then the console and PC one?). I hope not... I invested into this game too so it would be very frustrating if I were to get rolled on yet another high dollar Marvel videogame investment. From what I hear though this game is still making good money so that should not happen soon I suppose... right?

They're said they had plans for the game until 2025