**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Anyone got a Road to the Crypt update?

1121314151618Β»

Comments

  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 271 β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    FYI a similar guessing game has been happening on the CCP discord. The CCP average guess: 1731. The forums average guess (I’m eliminating three ultra extreme guesses which would throw the average off): 1833.

    Let’s see which group end up closer.

    CCP edges out Forums, but both sides apparently think we're way more horrible than we actually are.

    1433 revives is, if purchased with units, 57320 units. In USD, that's $1849 USD.

    I sincerely hope they farmed the game to within an inch of its life.
    I'd love to know how much screen time this would account too, if it was 1 minute (a fair estimate) for game play and load times that's nearly 24 hours of screen time to complete 1 run.

    This blows my mind that someone did this, the sheer determination is outstanding
  • Options
    Rxkid75Rxkid75 Posts: 2

    ALRIGHT! And the winner of the free dinner (though they have to come all the way to Vancouver to claim it) is... @Paulr2011 with their guess of 1401! The actual number is... 1433!

    Thank you to everybody that took part, and contributed your time and deaths to what ended up being a really cool little event. Let's do it again soon!

    It was me, wasn't it? (but really, it would be cool for this person to get a title or a callout)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

    ALRIGHT! And the winner of the free dinner (though they have to come all the way to Vancouver to claim it) is... @Paulr2011 with their guess of 1401! The actual number is... 1433!

    Thank you to everybody that took part, and contributed your time and deaths to what ended up being a really cool little event. Let's do it again soon!

    See? Another 402 deaths, and you would've been able to treat yourself to dinner. πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,661 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited January 17
    The guy who knows his exact death count is 1433...

  • Options
    MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 447 β˜…β˜…

    LJF said:

    Fun fact: there were some BIG losers in there. If just the top 33 runs didn't happen, we wouldn't have hit the 11 million mark.

    Please share the count of the person with the most Necro deaths! Even if you don't share the name (frankly I think they should get a special title), just knowing the number would be awesome.
    I definitely want to do this. I don't want to share their name, but if we give them a title, they can choose to share or not!
    That's fair...although I would still love to know my own exact death count. Any chance that ever be shared, even if privately only?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,068 Guardian
    Grub88 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    FYI a similar guessing game has been happening on the CCP discord. The CCP average guess: 1731. The forums average guess (I’m eliminating three ultra extreme guesses which would throw the average off): 1833.

    Let’s see which group end up closer.

    CCP edges out Forums, but both sides apparently think we're way more horrible than we actually are.

    1433 revives is, if purchased with units, 57320 units. In USD, that's $1849 USD.

    I sincerely hope they farmed the game to within an inch of its life.
    I'd love to know how much screen time this would account too, if it was 1 minute (a fair estimate) for game play and load times that's nearly 24 hours of screen time to complete 1 run.

    This blows my mind that someone did this, the sheer determination is outstanding
    I think you're greatly overestimating how long the player was lasting in each fight if they took 1433 deaths to finish.

    Let's assume that the revives were spread out roughly evenly across all the fights in Necropolis. That's probably not true, but just for the sake of looking at averages. I don't know what path they took, but I will use mine (the easy Aegon path) for estimation purposes. There is a total of 120,200,884 health points in that path. 1433 revives is 1434 lives which translates to 83,822 health per revive. Alternatively, if we ignore the Deadpooloids, we have 15 fights with 1500% health bars in 1434 which is about 1% per revive (1.046%).

    This was one hell of a grind.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,068 Guardian
    Let this be a monument to those who say "no one would ever ___________________." I've often said no such statement is safe, and have been ridiculed for saying it. We're talking about video game players. Video game players have spent literally millions of dollars on microtransactions. They've spent hundreds of hours practicing their skills just to watch a game break. They've spent years looking for the last easter egg. And when someone says no one would spend a thousand revives to clear content, there's players who spent a thousand revives to clear Necropolis, reloaded, and then tried to spend five hundred more.

    Anyone who thinks there are things no gamer would do just haven't been around the block enough times.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,199 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited January 18
    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    FYI a similar guessing game has been happening on the CCP discord. The CCP average guess: 1731. The forums average guess (I’m eliminating three ultra extreme guesses which would throw the average off): 1833.

    Let’s see which group end up closer.

    CCP edges out Forums, but both sides apparently think we're way more horrible than we actually are.

    1433 revives is, if purchased with units, 57320 units. In USD, that's $1849 USD.

    I sincerely hope they farmed the game to within an inch of its life.
    Or maybe the person think the smart method is to use team revives. 🀣. That is still 28,600 units.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

    LJF said:

    Fun fact: there were some BIG losers in there. If just the top 33 runs didn't happen, we wouldn't have hit the 11 million mark.

    Please share the count of the person with the most Necro deaths! Even if you don't share the name (frankly I think they should get a special title), just knowing the number would be awesome.
    I definitely want to do this. I don't want to share their name, but if we give them a title, they can choose to share or not!
    I've legitimately been campaigning for this since the thing was announced. Love the title going to the first person to explore, but those people who contributed the most deaths? They're the true legends. I'd proudly wear that title, lol.
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 84 β˜…
    Was this 1433 deaths number on a single path or total necropolis deaths?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,068 Guardian

    Was this 1433 deaths number on a single path or total necropolis deaths?

    One Necropolis path.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,639 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If I surpass 1433 deaths (which now would mean using units too), will you buy me lunch Miike at the next event?
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 β˜…β˜…
    I just started looking into Necroplis and saw everyone opening Road to crypt rewards, just by winning one fight in Necro?

    Question please, is it too late to receive those Road to the Crypt rewards? Was there a deadline, or are those rewards permanent and to be released to any player who wins their first fight in Necropolis at any point in the future?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Gambl0r said:

    I just started looking into Necroplis and saw everyone opening Road to crypt rewards, just by winning one fight in Necro?

    Question please, is it too late to receive those Road to the Crypt rewards? Was there a deadline, or are those rewards permanent and to be released to any player who wins their first fight in Necropolis at any point in the future?

    You had to finish one run, not one Fight.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,589 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Gambl0r said:

    I just started looking into Necroplis and saw everyone opening Road to crypt rewards, just by winning one fight in Necro?

    Question please, is it too late to receive those Road to the Crypt rewards? Was there a deadline, or are those rewards permanent and to be released to any player who wins their first fight in Necropolis at any point in the future?

    The deadline has passed, this was an event that ended on the 15th. As mentioned above it was for completing a path.
Sign In or Register to comment.