**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

I'm actually happy with it. Just opening because so many will complain and mods can maybe merge them here

Comments

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 923 ★★★★★
    It’s fine, but my roster is non competitive up in plat. I don’t really care about that either unless (or until - gulp) they lock a deathless piece in GC again. After missing out on GC Last season for the first time in a while, starting to lose hope I could manufacturer a GC run with these rosters running away from me and average players abandoning the mode.

Really hope deathless Guilly isn’t my limit.
  • Options
    Sparx265 said:

I understand that battlegrounds is meant to require the use of certain champions and to build a deck around a meta, but this season it frustrates me. As someone who’s not quite an endgame player, i’m still very focused on ranking in order to complete story quests and whatnot. For a player like me, I am not developed enough to rank purely for battlegrounds use, so it sucks that most of my roster is irrelevant in the meta and that i don’t have the resources to rank purely for BGs. This seasons gonna be really tough for developing players.

When BG rewards are spiced up, you can wait a couple of weeks and make some progress as the larger rosters can move on. I think a lot of mid level accounts now just don’t even bother in regular seasons. This was evidenced last season with GC being significantly down numbers wise and big accounts just beat up on each other in VC. Not sure this season will be much different.

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

Had a pretty decent first match. This was my first time not banning Photon as I actually had one myself. My opponent was akin to me roster-wise and this was only r1 Sunspot (he’ll probably go up next lvl up). I also think he forgot Kate needs power to actually get that Coldsnap off lol.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Oh this thread is gonna be fun 😂 can’t wait
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    Guys I know this is quite annoying for new players, I agree. That being said, there are easy-ish ways to get to GC through just waiting and doing your runs later in the season. if you're a progressing player, don't sweat it. Story and title progression is more important. I hope this meta doesn't affect your rank ups. Get your act/Necro/title progression first and then worry about BG leaderboards
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,313 ★★★★★
    Adam is viable for this meta so I’m happy now. Gonna r5 werewolf soon so I can have some fun with some champs this meta

Also deathless Guilly slaps
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★

Saw what coming? There are very few noobs complaining about the meta right now, most people are enjoying it.
    Wow according to some only noobs complain I see. Good way to stop criticism by the way. If you complain you are a noob, if you don't you aren't.

And by" most" I assume you made an in-game survey asking for people who enjoyed this meta? I haven't received any such survey.

I don't know if you think by "most players" you mean you and your friends( your 2nd 3rd accs).
    I see you consider yourself a noob and my comment somehow hurt your feelings.
    Let me be a bit clearer then, this isn't personal, if you go read every single thread right now it's full of people telling them to get good and keep growing their accounts. Not because people like to be mean but because it's true, you have two options: a. you grow your roster or b. just don't play BGa this season lol. Restrictive metas make BGs challenging and interesting, more than nuke metas do.
    No, by most players I mean the people telling you to get good in this thread as well as in others, which is about 90% of all comments in every thread complaining about the meta.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Adam is viable for this meta so I’m happy now. Gonna r5 werewolf soon so I can have some fun with some champs this meta

Wait really? I have him in my deck but I was really only using him for defense and because he's r5. Is the power gain enough to get him to sp2 once or twice so he can finish the fight?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

It's funny that this is almost the same exact backlash as the power burn meta lol

Immediately came to my mind as well. Although I believe this one isn't as restrictive
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

On the upside the rewards are meh again so no reason to grind very hard.

T6cc is good as always but just getting to GC gives you quite a bit already
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,313 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Emilia90 said:

Wait really? I have him in my deck but I was really only using him for defense and because he's r5. Is the power gain enough to get him to sp2 once or twice so he can finish the fight?
    Yup it’s enough! You reach the sp2 faster than you’d think, so what I did was gain the first fury buff while he passively gained power, activated the second sovereignty when I was close, and threw the sp2 once I had the crit and damage

He isn’t as fast as champs that inflict dot constantly/gain power rapidly like Hype ofc, but he’s still pretty good and usually finishes with 100%
  • Options
    ege999men said:

Guys I know this is quite annoying for new players, I agree. That being said, there are easy-ish ways to get to GC through just waiting and doing your runs later in the season. if you're a progressing player, don't sweat it. Story and title progression is more important. I hope this meta doesn't affect your rank ups. Get your act/Necro/title progression first and then worry about BG leaderboards

When the rewards are good, this strategy works on waiting. Last season it didn’t…. Because the mode was abandoned by a lot of players. You get a bigger pool playing, you can make gains this way with a smaller account.

Kabam needs to make the mode more enticing as the flagship mode. It benefits everyone to do so…
  • Options
    LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is the case with Ninrod, you only put the debilitation on E2... Furthermore, the node is very poorly explained... Because the vacuum, for example, doesn't work... Kabam ruined an event in which people were starting to like something super boring... In addition to the restrictions, you still need to be lucky to pick up heroes in the draw who can even attack at all... This BG is immoral.

95% are unfeasible? Okay let's see:.
    Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth.
    Should I keep going?