**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is the case with Ninrod, you only put the debilitation on E2... Furthermore, the node is very poorly explained... Because the vacuum, for example, doesn't work... Kabam ruined an event in which people were starting to like something super boring... In addition to the restrictions, you still need to be lucky to pick up heroes in the draw who can even attack at all... This BG is immoral.

95% are unfeasible? Okay let's see:.
    Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth.
    Should I keep going?
    Explain Doom
    I can't tell if you're trolling or not lol but if you're not well, Doom has shock on medium attacks so just don't consume them with heavy attacks. Also, due to the special damage increase you don't really need to go for Doom cycle just spam sp2. One thing I don't know is if he can steal power, might have to test that, power gain effects work but I don't know if power steal works too if it does then sp1 sp2 might be the way to go.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,277 ★★★★
    I'm so glad I always choose to rank up those brute force champs with a lot of debuffs, I'm just breezing through
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,277 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is the case with Ninrod, you only put the debilitation on E2... Furthermore, the node is very poorly explained... Because the vacuum, for example, doesn't work... Kabam ruined an event in which people were starting to like something super boring... In addition to the restrictions, you still need to be lucky to pick up heroes in the draw who can even attack at all... This BG is immoral.

Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth.
    Should I keep going?
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.
    Venom the Duck is #offensive:dot and his bursts of damage from toxic armor benefit from Red Scare, the vicious buffs increase the potency. Also, if they're bleed immune, he applies passive degen instead so that's another great thing immunities can't shut him down. I already tested it and while he's nowhere near top nukes like Werewolf, he is a decent option if you don't have better options.
    I just used VtD against Sentinel and it went terribly - only 2 passive degens the whole fight. I learned that it’s because his DoT comes from crits, which have a 55% chance to inflict bleeds / degens… but Sentinel’s analysis charges greatly increase his crit resistance.

Idk, this might be common knowledge but it was news to me. I do think he can be a decent option in this meta though.
  • Options
    o_o said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.
    Venom the Duck is #offensive:dot and his bursts of damage from toxic armor benefit from Red Scare, the vicious buffs increase the potency. Also, if they're bleed immune, he applies passive degen instead so that's another great thing immunities can't shut him down. I already tested it and while he's nowhere near top nukes like Werewolf, he is a decent option if you don't have better options.
    I just used VtD against Sentinel and it went terribly - only 2 passive degens the whole fight. I learned that it’s because his DoT comes from crits, which have a 55% chance to inflict bleeds / degens… but Sentinel’s analysis charges greatly increase his crit resistance.

Idk, this might be common knowledge but it was news to me. I do think he can be a decent option in this meta though.
    Against sentinel make sure to parry LMLM dash back parry repeat to keep Sentinels analysis charges low. Another thing to do is when you bait the sp1 to dash back, block, dex rest of it to prevent him from getting more analysis.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    o_o said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.

Yeah anything with crit resistance is a no, I got clapped by a Nimrod similarly, barely any degens so I timed out. I used him against a Sandman though and it was actually pretty decent.
    So yeah VTD isn't a top option at all, and he shouldn't replace any of the top attackers if you have them but if you don't then the 7* is decent, not amazing but decent and will work on some matchups.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

o_o said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.

Against sentinel make sure to parry LMLM dash back parry repeat to keep Sentinels analysis charges low. Another thing to do is when you bait the sp1 to dash back, block, dex rest of it to prevent him from getting more analysis.
    For sure. I thought the degen would nuke Sentinel before the analysis charges came into play. I just had no idea VtD only inflicted DoT on crits.

That’s why I really like this meta though… I’m not winning much yet but I’m learning a ton 😂
  • Options
    o_o said:

Pikolu said:

o_o said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.

For sure. I thought the degen would nuke Sentinel before the analysis charges came into play. I just had no idea VtD only inflicted DoT on crits.

That’s why I really like this meta though… I’m not winning much yet but I’m learning a ton 😂
    No kidding. Learning immunities I never knew existed the hard way 🤣
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    I'm really enjoying this meta. Not a nuke one, which might be the issue for some.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 871 ★★★
    Best is when your opponent still uses s’cides 😎
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,481 ★★★★
    It's better being able to actually play the game instead of dancing around bi-polar AI that either want to spam sp1 or hold to SP3 in power gain meta. Sure my rosters a bit more limited but least I'm having fun being able to actually fight in a fighting game.
  • Options
    Robbone31 said:

Kabam this battleground round is **** can’t even play it you guys suck balls

You have all these as options for this meta: Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099.
    You only need 15 of them but you don't have any? What have you been doing since you started playing the game? You ranked up Herc and said "nah I don't anybody else"? 💀
    Gonna copy and paste this every single time someone complains about the meta being too restrictive, it's really not lol
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 465 ★★★
    Robbone31 said:

The key part here is YOU don't read.
    It's not Kabams fault that you don't read, IF you actually read and used nodes to your advantage you will have a good time.
    GL!
  • Options
    LordzUnixLordzUnix Posts: 28
    ege999men said:

LordzUnix said:

ege999men said:

Guys I know this is quite annoying for new players, I agree. That being said, there are easy-ish ways to get to GC through just waiting and doing your runs later in the season. if you're a progressing player, don't sweat it. Story and title progression is more important. I hope this meta doesn't affect your rank ups. Get your act/Necro/title progression first and then worry about BG leaderboards

When the rewards are good, this strategy works on waiting. Last season it didn’t…. Because the mode was abandoned by a lot of players. You get a bigger pool playing, you can make gains this way with a smaller account.

Kabam needs to make the mode more enticing as the flagship mode. It benefits everyone to do so…
    I've been playing this game for 9 years... I don't have enough options for the BG... besides, I've seen some responses from colleagues about HYPERION... How could you use it in the BG if it only does certain damage after the special and as the special depends on generating power... As good as the rewards are, you might not even be able to get the rewards from last season...
    Power gain camps work btw
    How do you gain power if in the node you only gain power if you generate debilitations... so the node is poorly written, right? Another point, what kind of “continuous damage” generates power, in the same way why the Void doesn’t work?

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.
    Who would level up Venom the Duck? To use only in this BG? The resources to level up come through a lot of effort and spending it on heroes that will not be used in current and future events would be at least insane...

• Options
    LordzUnixLordzUnix Posts: 28
    Do you know what the biggest disaster of this BG is that the vast majority of really functional heroes in the game don't cause direct damage or when they do, it happens after the special ones...

In this way, few players have an account with a range of these types of heroes, especially because, both in acts, monthly events and special missions, there is a crossing of knots that makes most of the heroes unable to fight...

There are areas where you will have a disadvantage, but it doesn't make it completely unfeasible... This BG has become a disaster, because instead of providing leisure, it provides discouragement... If the intention is for players to do this event, the result for the kabam will be contrary to this, even improving the prize pool.

Some of the answers from some of my colleagues caught my attention, which are contradictory to say the least, since what is the point of an event that no one plays... it's not a question of persisting but of having fun, after all, why are they in this game spending what they spend? What's most important to you is your lifespan?
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,426 ★★★★★
    It's shocking how people are complaining so much. If they think only offensive dot champs are usable, no. Any champ with access to dot debuffs without accessing specials is honestly good. I have used aarkus and dragon man so much this meta. And my goodness maestro mojo thing and black cat were my MVP. Can't forget to mention how I have a complete defensive deck with either annoying defenders or great all rounders
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 71
    Guys..
    Stop crying and learn about the champions... and by the end of this season we will become experts on champion immunities and debuffs...
    I really like this meta.. Cheers for Kabam.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,844 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

LordzUnix said:

Do you know what the biggest disaster of this BG is that the vast majority of really functional heroes in the game don't cause direct damage or when they do, it happens after the special ones...

In this way, few players have an account with a range of these types of heroes, especially because, both in acts, monthly events and special missions, there is a crossing of knots that makes most of the heroes unable to fight...

There are areas where you will have a disadvantage, but it doesn't make it completely unfeasible... This BG has become a disaster, because instead of providing leisure, it provides discouragement... If the intention is for players to do this event, the result for the kabam will be contrary to this, even improving the prize pool.

Some of the answers from some of my colleagues caught my attention, which are contradictory to say the least, since what is the point of an event that no one plays... it's not a question of persisting but of having fun, after all, why are they in this game spending what they spend? What's most important to you is your lifespan?

The biggest disaster is that you're still putting everything in bold letters even after being called out on it. Stop.
    I would prefer italics
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,844 ★★★★

Guys..
    Stop crying and learn about the champions... and by the end of this season we will become experts on champion immunities and debuffs...
    I really like this meta.. Cheers for Kabam.

Yeah for the first time in BG, i feel like i m using my brain to an good extent learning champs. Such meta helps to know champs better and promotes roster diversity.
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 253 ★★★

Robbone31 said:

You have all these as options for this meta: Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099.
    You only need 15 of them but you don't have any? What have you been doing since you started playing the game? You ranked up Herc and said "nah I don't anybody else"? 💀
    Gonna copy and paste this every single time someone complains about the meta being too restrictive, it's really not lol
    Sorcerer Supreme is also really really good in this meta. I can wipe out a lot of opponents with a single SP2 with a R2 7 Star
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    I cant help but notice everyone saying this meta is restrictive to their rosters. I find it to be quite inclusive actually. Your opponent cant deal ANY form of damage unless they have the right DOT champion, power gain champion, or burst damage. This means you can select even 3* champions that you dont have as 6*+, and they csn prove to be useful on your roster when every other meta wouldnt allow it. This is great for balancing the playing field against larger accounts, or if you cant fill out your deck fully, so long as you are strategic with the champions and immunities and know your matchups. Years of experience definitely pays off in this meta as well. Its less so about skill now, and playing your opponent to waste their best attackers and trap them against defenders with immunities to all their other fighters.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    This meta is actually pretty fun.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
    I’ll admit I’m also enjoying being forced to use some non obvious champions, or new ones. Looking forward to giving my new 7* Adam a workout with his passive power gain.

@Emilia90 have you had much luck with him as a defender even if unawakened?
  • Options
    LordzUnix said:

So all of these are useless then right? All of these aren't "functional heroes": Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099.
    Comments like the one from this guy are the main reason I absolutely despise Herc and I'm glad we'll never have a champ that broken ever again. People get used to using crutches and when you take that away from them they literally can't play the game 💀
  • Options

Robbone31 said:

Sorcerer Supreme is also really really good in this meta. I can wipe out a lot of opponents with a single SP2 with a R2 7 Star
    I knew I was still missing a few, good to know. I always forget she has passive power gain.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,313 ★★★★★

I’ll admit I’m also enjoying being forced to use some non obvious champions, or new ones. Looking forward to giving my new 7* Adam a workout with his passive power gain.

@Emilia90 have you had much luck with him as a defender even if unawakened?

I don’t think I’ve used him on defense yet sadly. He’s either banned or doesn’t show up in my draft a lot of the time lol. As an attacker, he’s been doing good. Every opportunity I’ve had to use him as a defender, my opponent has AA so I’m a little apprehensive to put him down