**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik/Quake/Herc suggestion

PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
edited December 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Ok. We all want magik/quake as six stars (unnerfed rip og sw) and most of the player base doesn't want to see a herc nerf. So my thought was this. Add a 'team leader' or 'best in class' tag to these champs. And make it so you can only have one team leader or best in class tag on your team at once. Obviously this would need to be fleshed out. Maybe have one per class etc etc (AA/KP??) But make it champs that kabam has zero intent on ever making 7* available to us for. Idk. I'd like to hear some feedback on the idea. I've played since the beginning. It's probably one of my better thoughts imo.

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't able to see any of the proposed nerfs. But nerfs generally kill characters.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

I wasn't able to see any of the proposed nerfs. But nerfs generally kill characters.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find the post from miike and send the screenshot here but I am so maybe someone else will do it lol
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,824 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Pandingo said:

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find the post from miike and send the screenshot here but I am so maybe someone else will do it lol
    I think the concussion is changed to physical vulnerability and she can’t evade unless she has that up is what he said
  • Options
    Idk. I still think she is a high skill character to use that doesn't SOUND horrible. But I can see the concern with magik. I'm not quite clear on quake. She's op but idk that a six star would be herc level op.
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    Pandingo said:

Idk. I still think she is a high skill character to use that doesn't SOUND horrible. But I can see the concern with magik. I'm not quite clear on quake. She's op but idk that a six star would be herc level op.

The idea that Quake is a high skill level character to use is still true, 100%. The idea that she wouldn't be herc-level OP is absolutely not the case. Have you seen the wacky insane stuff people have been able to pull off with a five star Quake? A gentle reminder that they introduced nodes specifically to counter Quake in quite a lot of different content, just as they are doing with Hercules now. The fact that she's a 5 star is the only reason - the only reason - why you aren't seeing things like Necropolis solos with only her.
  • Options
    @StarSmasher2001 I mean you can argue that same skill level with a different champ will see solos of necropolis a la wong. Sure the right nodes and right path many skilled players can solo with many champs. Idk that she could solo gm though. But I could be wrong. I still don't know that she'd break the game by any means. 5* does a lot. But how would you suggest they nerf her? I feel any nerf would destroy the character. Much like sw og. I suppose you could just make her more like a science tigra...who a lot of players make crazy solos with. But I'd still argue a 6* quake wouldn't be broke in 9/10 players hands

• Options
    RiasGremoryRiasGremory Posts: 225
    Pandingo said:

Ok. We all want magik/quake as six stars (unnerfed rip og sw) and most of the player base doesn't want to see a herc nerf. So my thought was this. Add a 'team leader' or 'best in class' tag to these champs. And make it so you can only have one team leader or best in class tag on your team at once. Obviously this would need to be fleshed out. Maybe have one per class etc etc (AA/KP??) But make it champs that kabam has zero intent on ever making 7* available to us for. Idk. I'd like to hear some feedback on the idea. I've played since the beginning. It's probably one of my better thoughts imo.

Nah dont care for 7* herc i just want 6* quake and magik , these champs wouldnt be so game breaking like kabam always says
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Pandingo said:

I'd like to hear some feedback on the idea

!good

Also the proposed nerf for quake wasn't even that bad. I'd like to be able to try it out tbh. Wish miike could have found the one for Magik
    That was on my thread, found it:

And I agree, would've been nice to try out nerfed Quake as a 6*. I really don't get why they didn't just keep the 5* with her old kit and then released the 6* with the new kit, would've been a win win for everyone.
  • Options
    I agree. They frequently make counters for op champs now. So the only people who lose out really are the revive gods. At least let us see the nerfed ones
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    edited January 9

ahmynuts said:

Pandingo said:

I'd like to hear some feedback on the idea

!good

Also the proposed nerf for quake wasn't even that bad. I'd like to be able to try it out tbh. Wish miike could have found the one for Magik
    That was on my thread, found it:

And I agree, would've been nice to try out nerfed Quake as a 6*. I really don't get why they didn't just keep the 5* with her old kit and then released the 6* with the new kit, would've been a win win for everyone.
    Thanks for finding that. Yeah, I feel like they could at least release this version of quake for testing or something idk how they would do it for everyone. I don't think it would be too bad to have this one as a 6 star and keep the lower rarities the old busted quake. It would only just confuse a bunch of people.

Really wish we could have also seen the proposed Magik changes because the quake ones aren't that bad